GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

isimple installed this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 04:35 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ok guys, i was at bestbuy yesterday, drop the car off and 2 hours later i got a call from the tech, he said he tried 2 different units, and happened to found out the unit does NOT work for my 2007 GS450h, which on the package it states it should as long as you have satellite radio. he got everything hook up right sound were able to play iphone able to charge, but just there is no control over it, you can't adjust volume or skipping track and he told me it might be the cause from Mark Levinson. So he uninstall it and put my car back together...

o well... so i guess it really doesn't work with ML
Old 04-30-12, 08:47 AM
iSimple
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brabusx2,

Is your vehicle equipped with the factory satellite tuner? If so it must be disconnected from the vehicle for our module to be compatible. We do list that the vehicle must be able to support a factory satellite tuner but in the case for Toyota and Lexus it must be disconnected.

Once this is done there should be no issues with the radio controlling the iPod. If the Best Buy technician has further issues or questions regarding installation or proper functionality I would urge him to contact our technical support team.

We are available Monday - Saturday
M-F 9:00a.m - 8:00p.m. EST
Sat 9:30a.m. - 7:30 EST
866-832-9722

EDIT: If you wish to keep the factory satellite in tact and are OK with giving up a little bit of control from the head unit then you can configure our module to work in CDC mode by flipping dip switch #3 to the on position and resetting the module. Reset procedure can be found at: www.pac-audio.com/reset

Last edited by iSimple; 04-30-12 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-03-12, 08:52 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iSimple
Brabusx2,

Is your vehicle equipped with the factory satellite tuner? If so it must be disconnected from the vehicle for our module to be compatible. We do list that the vehicle must be able to support a factory satellite tuner but in the case for Toyota and Lexus it must be disconnected.

Once this is done there should be no issues with the radio controlling the iPod. If the Best Buy technician has further issues or questions regarding installation or proper functionality I would urge him to contact our technical support team.

We are available Monday - Saturday
M-F 9:00a.m - 8:00p.m. EST
Sat 9:30a.m. - 7:30 EST
866-832-9722

EDIT: If you wish to keep the factory satellite in tact and are OK with giving up a little bit of control from the head unit then you can configure our module to work in CDC mode by flipping dip switch #3 to the on position and resetting the module. Reset procedure can be found at: www.pac-audio.com/reset
hi, thanks for the reply!! yes, i told him a few times already that i really don't care about my Satellite radio he could disconnect it, i will let him know about this again!

Thanks
Old 05-07-12, 08:57 AM
cubabarber
Driver

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
ok guys, i was at bestbuy yesterday, drop the car off and 2 hours later i got a call from the tech, he said he tried 2 different units, and happened to found out the unit does NOT work for my 2007 GS450h, which on the package it states it should as long as you have satellite radio. he got everything hook up right sound were able to play iphone able to charge, but just there is no control over it, you can't adjust volume or skipping track and he told me it might be the cause from Mark Levinson. So he uninstall it and put my car back together...

o well... so i guess it really doesn't work with ML

The guy didnt kno what he was doin... I installed mine three weeks ago today and i have an 07 gs350 with ML everything and it works.... But thank god he couldnt put it on becausr the
Isimple sucks!!!!! It lags the radio at start up, sometimes my volume button doesnt even work now that i put it on.... and it gives u no options on our factory radio all u can do it skip through songs and adjust the radio volume... Not to mention that u cant even raise the ipod volume... They set it at a fixed volume... so when u turn the radio up all the way at 65max... It sounds as if it.was at 45-50 if u were using the cassette player with the aux cable....

Im uninstalling it today and purchasing / installing the lexus soundlink interface cable today... Im going to DIY it... So after i do it ill tell u the quality of that cable...
Old 05-07-12, 12:21 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cubabarber
The guy didnt kno what he was doin... I installed mine three weeks ago today and i have an 07 gs350 with ML everything and it works.... But thank god he couldnt put it on becausr the
Isimple sucks!!!!! It lags the radio at start up, sometimes my volume button doesnt even work now that i put it on.... and it gives u no options on our factory radio all u can do it skip through songs and adjust the radio volume... Not to mention that u cant even raise the ipod volume... They set it at a fixed volume... so when u turn the radio up all the way at 65max... It sounds as if it.was at 45-50 if u were using the cassette player with the aux cable....

Im uninstalling it today and purchasing / installing the lexus soundlink interface cable today... Im going to DIY it... So after i do it ill tell u the quality of that cable...
PLEASE DOOO!! and lemme know hwo much its gonna cost! would it able to charge too?
Old 05-25-12, 09:14 AM
aznvr4
Driver School Candidate

when you installed your isimple gateway did you have issues with the ipod mode? i just installed mine and when i try to put it on ipod mode it say "ipod not connected" and it would only work under Aux 1
Old 05-28-12, 05:04 PM
gtmax
Driver

Will the Isimple work on my '06 GS300 with non-nav, non-ML? I've gone to my local best buy a couple of times to do it but guy was too busy.
Old 05-28-12, 06:00 PM
Droberts12
Driver School Candidate

Update iOS software, toggle between the aux1, aux2 & iPod settings several times then reset iPhone and power off the car stero. It will start working again.
Old 01-25-13, 10:34 AM
Gennady7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know if the ISIM74 supports iOS 6 and IPhone 5? Is the Vais better and if so, what model do I get for the 06 GS300 with ML and Navi? Thanks
Old 01-25-13, 10:48 AM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

How's the sound quality? and does it decrease/increase volume or is it the same as before? does it play Bluetooth stream? I was thinking of the grom one, but not sure which to get :S still exploring my options.
Old 01-25-13, 11:40 AM
macKdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gennady7
Does anyone know if the ISIM74 supports iOS 6 and IPhone 5? Is the Vais better and if so, what model do I get for the 06 GS300 with ML and Navi? Thanks
it won't work with an iphone5 because the cable they provide is the standard apple one, not the lightning cable. Unless iSimple offers the new lightning cable and it should work. Don't take my word on it though.

Originally Posted by energie8
How's the sound quality? and does it decrease/increase volume or is it the same as before? does it play Bluetooth stream? I was thinking of the grom one, but not sure which to get :S still exploring my options.
Sounds quality is top notch - cd quality or better. The volume will go as high as your radio does. Since it's not feeding through the aux port it will get as loud as your stereo allows it to. iSimple is corded so it won't play through bluetooth.

I can't vouch for lexus, but on my Acura TL it's pretty good. One of the best investments I've made for my car (aside from my two 12's)
Old 01-25-13, 11:44 AM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gennady7
I have iSimple. I've read that the Vaistech is better so I would go with that. Vtech stated to purchase the adapter for your Iphone5 because of the price. I think Apple sells them for $30.
Old 01-25-13, 04:22 PM
jbounds
Driver School Candidate

i bought a used isimple on ebay for 40.00 and installed it yesterday. Took 15 minutes and works like a dream. I am very happy with my results!
Old 01-31-13, 05:09 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

had it for few years, works fine
http://www.isimplesolutions.com/ipho...n-GateWay.aspx
interface is hard to figure out.
2006 GS430 ML
Old 02-02-13, 07:37 PM
ingoodtime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the isimple and their brand reciver for Sirius in both of my lexus vehicles. Had thm installed a few days apart at bet buy .The only problem is that I have the Gen 1 IPOD and when Apple upgraded the IOS for multitasking etc, my iPod was no longer supported. It was only about 4 pr 5 months after my purchase. I had to jump through hoops to roll back my iPod software. I called TSS radio where I purchased the units and got no help. It would have cost me about 35.00 per unit for a new chip plus I would have to pay Best Buy to R&R the units in both cars at a cost of about 85.00 each. Hopefully, my iPad will last a fear more years. I guess it was just bad luck and bad timing. I don't know if I should blame TSS, ISIMPLE OR APPLE. Oh well, at the moment, I still have music.

Quick Reply: isimple installed this weekend