GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Sub-$300 Exhuast System for 3GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-12, 10:07 AM
SlvrBulit
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sub-$300 Exhuast System for 3GS

I'm a new Lexus owner and CL member, and have been searching through a ton of threads in trying to find the best exhaust system for my 2008 Lexus GS350. One of the most popular system out there is Tenabe's, however granted that exhaust systems do no provide HP gain, I was looking for something that was much less expensive (sub $300), that looks good on the car (not too aggressive), sounds good (sporty, but not ricey), and because I live in CA, will pass smog check.

I suspect there may be other CL members, specifically those newer like myself, that are interested in the same thing. My goal is have my vehicle look like a "special edition" that just rolled off the assembly line.

Two sub $300 exhaust systems that I found seems to fit these requirements are offered by TopSpeed Pro-1 (on ebay) and M2 Performance. I was able to find more info on the M2 and it appears/sounds like a solid choice.

If any members have links to deals, pictures, sounds clips, and/or suggestion please post. Most appreciated!
Old 01-13-12, 11:31 AM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those exhaust systems are made by the exact same manufacture just sold under a different name and they are a copy of the tanabe medallion. i have it on my gs430 and love it for the price
Old 01-17-12, 11:23 AM
VipBippu08
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered M2 Performance. Hopefully it will sound good.. Will keep yall posted..
Old 01-17-12, 12:29 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$300 for an exhaust not bad, anyone got some picture and sound clips?
Old 01-17-12, 04:24 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guarantee you that the same manufacture that make Tanabe does not make Top Speed or the M2 these are made to look like the Tanabe but thats about it the sound is totally different and the Tanabe has thicker pipe better welds and the tips aren t left rough cut like my Top speed exhaust. I love the way my Top Speed sounds but other than that I was not too pleased with it. the fitment was poor as well the mufflers didn t want to line up in the bumper cut outs and took some tweaking to correct in this case you get what you pay for and I will repeat I myself have one of these more inexpensive systems.
Old 01-18-12, 03:44 PM
SlvrBulit
Driver School Candidate

I had purchased the M2 and took me an hour to install. They fit perfectly, and look good. It generally sounds good, a little loud for my taste, as I wanted it to sound slightly sportier than stock. There were some imperfection on the very tip of the tips, but a little Never Dull cleaned it right up. I'm considering going back to stock cause my girlfriend hates the sound, and may want to sell mine to someone in SoCal if anyone is interested. Pm me.
Old 01-18-12, 03:46 PM
SlvrBulit
Driver School Candidate

Also you can get sound clips on YouTube.
Old 01-19-12, 08:55 PM
gtir4sam
Driver School Candidate

Default Low RPM

Someone was telling me that the M2 is really loud on low RMP, is that true?
Old 01-20-12, 11:21 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard M2 sounds nice and aggressive. Makes you think it isnt a Lexus. Youtube has some videos but of course its much better to be able to hear it in person.
Old 01-20-12, 02:52 PM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
I guarantee you that the same manufacture that make Tanabe does not make Top Speed or the M2 these are made to look like the Tanabe but thats about it the sound is totally different and the Tanabe has thicker pipe better welds and the tips aren t left rough cut like my Top speed exhaust. I love the way my Top Speed sounds but other than that I was not too pleased with it. the fitment was poor as well the mufflers didn t want to line up in the bumper cut outs and took some tweaking to correct in this case you get what you pay for and I will repeat I myself have one of these more inexpensive systems.
I truely believe you get what you pay for. That may not be true where I come from, but surely is the case here in the US for the most part. I got my Tanabe from a great sponsor on here, GOTO Racing, and would do it again without any hesitation.
Old 01-21-12, 12:18 AM
SlvrBulit
Driver School Candidate

Yes. It's a low bass sound but can definitely heard inside the vehicle.

Originally Posted by gtir4sam
Someone was telling me that the M2 is really loud on low RMP, is that true?
Old 01-23-12, 11:01 AM
SlvrBulit
Driver School Candidate

So the M2 exhaust is a little loud and the girlfriend keeps complaining about it. I'm selling my M2 exhaust if anyone is interested PM me. It's been on my car for less than 2 weeks. $250 + Shipping, or you can pick up locally (San Diego)
Old 01-23-12, 11:14 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

just got top speedpro-1 this past weekend. gotta say i kinda like it. not too drowning IMO, and sounds pretty good when u step on it.

here is the prev owner video in his GS300

http://youtu.be/G2RHsQqeEdk

and mine is GS430, sounds deeper I think..
Old 01-23-12, 02:14 PM
louisp_p
Driver

Can you maybe make a video so I can have a better idea of how it sounds like Compare to F sport exhaust?!

Originally Posted by SlvrBulit
So the M2 exhaust is a little loud and the girlfriend keeps complaining about it. I'm selling my M2 exhaust if anyone is interested PM me. It's been on my car for less than 2 weeks. $250 + Shipping, or you can pick up locally (San Diego)
Old 01-23-12, 03:35 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds ok not really my taste I do like how the infiniti fx sounds, thats the sound I would like to get

Quick Reply: Sub-$300 Exhuast System for 3GS