GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Oil Change Prices

Old 12-09-11, 07:14 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Driving a $50k car and have an oil change at Ford dealership? I hope they have the right filter.
http://www.lexusofnorthborough.com/V...ecials_service

Last edited by chuckGS350; 12-09-11 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-10-11, 12:41 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do my own! mobil 1. about 50.00... plus my time,but i love working on my own cars...
Old 12-25-11, 05:06 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

06 GS430.

Must it be synthetic? or can i use regular oil. I do not care for synthetic all that much, its pointless unless it was used from day one. Also I rather change oil every 3k miles and keep things fresh.

If doing oil change at a Toyota dealership, will it repost it on a Lexus(my cars database) my car was serviced at Lexus from day one by previous owner, and Id like to continue the records, would help resale down the line.
Old 12-25-11, 06:33 PM
sprtdsgnGS
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my old gs300 always went to the toyota dealership because it was closer and much cheaper. we have a lexus dealership in town but its further away from me. the toyota dealership had a lic massage therapist on certain days and a nail tech for the ladies on other days. all free while you wait for your car!
Old 12-26-11, 07:37 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Called my dealer.
Lexus of Queens NY.
$69 for a regular oil change. Must make an appointment.
Not too bad. I paid Close to a 100 for my S500 few years back.
Old 01-04-12, 02:00 PM
mqnyc
Driver School Candidate

Default Contact at Lexus of Queens NY for regular Oil Change?

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
Called my dealer.
Lexus of Queens NY.
$69 for a regular oil change. Must make an appointment.
Not too bad. I paid Close to a 100 for my S500 few years back.
I'm new to this forum and just picked up a used 07 GS350.

When I called up Lexus of Long Island City asking them for a 75k maintenance with oil change, they quoted me $465 for the following:
- Oil Change
- Oil Filter
- PCV valve check,
- cabin filter change, key fob, checking alignment, courtesy wash

At your 5k maintenance intervals, do you just ask for an oil change without the regular checks to get the $69 price? Would you happen to have a contact name for Lexus of Queens that you book with for that price?

Any idea what I should expect to pay for the regular 5k maintenance? Can these be done at Toyota dealerships reliably with the same services, Lexus parts, and checks per the GS350 maintenance schedule?

Thanks.

Last edited by mqnyc; 01-04-12 at 02:01 PM. Reason: request for contact referral at dealership
Old 01-04-12, 02:14 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Originally Posted by mqnyc
I'm new to this forum and just picked up a used 07 GS350.

When I called up Lexus of Long Island City asking them for a 75k maintenance with oil change, they quoted me $465 for the following:
- Oil Change
- Oil Filter
- PCV valve check,
- cabin filter change, key fob, checking alignment, courtesy wash

At your 5k maintenance intervals, do you just ask for an oil change without the regular checks to get the $69 price? Would you happen to have a contact name for Lexus of Queens that you book with for that price?

Any idea what I should expect to pay for the regular 5k maintenance? Can these be done at Toyota dealerships reliably with the same services, Lexus parts, and checks per the GS350 maintenance schedule?

Thanks.
$465 to change oil and check the PCV Valve and change batt in remote? Might be Ok for someone who doesn't know any better.

I bought the car only a few weeks ago, so no oil changes just yet.
I scheduled an oil change for the February 1st.

As for other things checked and changed. I worked as a part time mechanic when I was younger, so changing plugs, brakes and PCV valves is not a difficult job, I'm not even talking about air filter, cabin filter and other parts of that nature. I will use genuine Lexus/Toyota parts for sure.

Lexus of Queens. On Norther blvd.
Oil change is scheduled at $59.99. Ill do it once, if I see its nothing special, I'll have it done at my local shop I trust, with Oil and Filter supplied by me.
I just really wanted to have a Lexus history continue on their web site, for the next owner to see.

Last edited by tbilisi79; 01-04-12 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-04-12, 04:03 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just really wanted to have a Lexus history continue on their web site, for the next owner to see.
I believe you can manually input maintenance not done at a Lexus dealership if you want to have the records show online.
Old 01-04-12, 04:22 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Originally Posted by moose66
I believe you can manually input maintenance not done at a Lexus dealership if you want to have the records show online.

Really? How is that. That would mean people could fake their vehicle history?
Old 01-06-12, 05:11 AM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
What leads you to believe this?
Old 01-06-12, 05:27 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really? How is that. That would mean people could fake their vehicle history?
That's correct. People could fake history. But if you were buying a car based on self reported histrory, you would be wise to have the owner provide legit receipts!

Originally Posted by L8Apex
What leads you to believe this?
I can log onto the owners section on the Lexus site, see both my cars service histories as reported by Lexus. I can also click on the add button to add non-Lexus dealer service records. I just logged on and verified this.
Old 01-09-12, 12:56 PM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Well, looks like I'll be going to Toyota for simple oil changes.
Old 01-11-12, 10:38 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Lexus here charges something like 90 bucks for a regular oil change. 40 bucks at Toyota. Either way it's a ripoff, but I don't have the time to bother with oil changes any more especially since I can't just reach in from the top to change a filter cartridge on this car so I take it to Toyota and they never think twice about just doing it.

I think the only time they might give you the run around is if the dealership owner runs both Toyota and Lexus out of the same building or neighboring buildings.

I've never seen the Lexus Canada self serve site let me add any service history myself... the only thing that shows up there is any service done at either Toyota or Lexus.
Old 01-12-12, 12:19 PM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Lexus of Annapolis charges $90.00 which gets you:
Oil / filter change
All fluids topped and checked
Tire inspection /inflation if needed. Not sure if they rotate or not.
Car wash
Old 01-13-12, 08:31 PM
kennyray
Driver School Candidate

06 GS430.

Must it be synthetic? or can i use regular oil. I do not care for synthetic all that much, its pointless unless it was used from day one. Also I rather change oil every 3k miles and keep things fresh.

If doing oil change at a Toyota dealership, will it repost it on a Lexus(my cars database) my car was serviced at Lexus from day one by previous owner, and Id like to continue the records, would help resale down the line.
Synthetic oil is superior in every way. It's a myth that you can't switch to synthetic after using regular oil, or that there won't be some sort of benefit. I've been running synthetic for nearly 30 years now and wouldn't run anything else. You'd be better running full synthetic and changing at 5K. If you do some research you'll see why all premium cars are using synthetic. Synthetic will likely be good out to 10K! but I'm kind of conservative. If you want to know for sure you can get a sample of the oil and have it tested -- it's not expensive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Change Prices