GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 GS300 Door Driver's Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-11, 02:42 PM
donmay2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 GS300 Door Driver's Panel Removal

OK gurus, what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to remove the driver's door panel. One (1) screw under door lever trim (removed), one (1) screw recessed in air vent, 4 plastic snap pins at bottom, 1 plastic snap pin forward, 1 plastic snap pin aft (all snap out by panel bottom straight out). The window is down... but I still cannot free the upper half of panel and pull it up and away from window base. I don't want to tear something up. I'm having a Homer Simpson moment...any input appreciated.

Don / Houston, Tx
Old 07-27-11, 02:51 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um there is only 2 screws, one behind the door handle from the inside, and there is 1 screw behind the led light on the door panel.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...iy-thread.html Remember search function is ure best friend here .
Old 07-27-11, 03:41 PM
donmay2
Driver School Candidate

Default Driver's Side Panel Removal

Thanks, I see the screw inside the Map Pocket LED opening now! So now all panel snaps should allow it be be pulled out and lifted up away from bottom window sill...I will give it a try tomorrow! I did first do a search but to no avail. I'm attempting to get to the driver's side mirror to find out why, recently, on engine start, a motor runs in the mirror for about 15 seconds. I think the mirror is attempting to fold in/out uncommanded but the mirror is NOT actually moving. Makes a hell of a noise!
Regards,
Don / Houston, Tx
Old 07-27-11, 04:56 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Once you have all the screws out, you pull on the panel to get it loose from all the clips and then just push it up, as it is sitting on the door panel.
Old 07-27-11, 06:01 PM
donmay2
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Have you heard of any problems with the side mirror retraction motor running without being commanded?

Don / Houston, Tx
Old 07-27-11, 07:42 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Honestly never heard of that before, it could be something came out of its place. Do mirrors tilt, close and open like they are suppose to?
Old 07-27-11, 08:22 PM
donmay2
Driver School Candidate

Default L/H Outside Mirror Retract Motor

Every engine start (just started Sunday), the L/H mirror RETRACT motor runs (VERY loudly) for 15 seconds without any mirror movement in/out. Mirror still tilts OK with commands...this no doubt is a separate motor and is not an issue. The retract motor still reacts to my manual button commands but the mirror does NOT physically retract in/out. I have never used this feature and it irks me that this problem has all of a sudden occurred. FYI, the passenger mirror is fine.

My plan is to tear into it and see if a mechanical problem exists. If I can't find any problems I will disable the retract motor assy some how. As stated, I really don't need that feature anyway.

Any ideas???

Too many superfluous electro-gizmos on cars today!!!

Don / Houston, Tx
Old 07-28-11, 01:25 PM
donmay2
Driver School Candidate

I removed the door panel then removed L/H mirror assy. I disassembled the mirror and disconnected the 2-wire power plug connector at the retract drive motor. PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks for your help.
Don / Houston, Tx
Old 01-26-16, 09:25 AM
artybaby2
Driver School Candidate

Default Left side mirror

Originally Posted by donmay2
Every engine start (just started Sunday), the L/H mirror RETRACT motor runs (VERY loudly) for 15 seconds without any mirror movement in/out. Mirror still tilts OK with commands...this no doubt is a separate motor and is not an issue. The retract motor still reacts to my manual button commands but the mirror does NOT physically retract in/out. I have never used this feature and it irks me that this problem has all of a sudden occurred. FYI, the passenger mirror is fine.

My plan is to tear into it and see if a mechanical problem exists. If I can't find any problems I will disable the retract motor assy some how. As stated, I really don't need that feature anyway.

Any ideas???

Too many superfluous electro-gizmos on cars today!!!

Don / Houston, Tx
I have the same problem as u I don't know what the problem is either. I wish someone can tell me
Old 01-26-16, 09:27 AM
artybaby2
Driver School Candidate

Default Side mirror problem

Did u ever find out the problem? Cuz I have the same issue
Old 03-01-16, 08:59 PM
vdavid
Driver School Candidate

Default Same mirror noise

Originally Posted by artybaby2
I have the same problem as u I don't know what the problem is either. I wish someone can tell me
I have the same problem too. It's definitely the motor that retracts the mirrors.

My car is a 2006, and I never used the mirror retract feature until about 6 months ago when I was trying to get close to an ATM. Both mirrors retracted, but the motor in the drivers side mirror kept running for about 15 seconds making an awful racket.

The Lexus dealer wants almost $700 to fix it, but there's no way I'm going to spend that kind of money to fix a feature that I used once in 10 years. I'm going to try to take the door panel off and disconnect the wires as outlined here.

Thanks for the instructions.