GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Got pulled over yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-11, 03:46 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Got pulled over yesterday!

Yup, first time ever!

Was cruising 50mph on the freeway, highway patrol comes right up my a$$, flashed me so I pul over!

Cop walks up to my window, asks for my driving license, and then asks me to rev my engine! So I revved it.. he turns to me and says "that too loud"!

Gives me a ticket!

Damnit!
Old 07-10-11, 06:06 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Must be the Invidia mid pipes that you have, because you can barely hear the Tanabe medallion.
Old 07-10-11, 06:21 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

WTH, thats a first oh well only out there, that sucks!
Old 07-10-11, 06:36 AM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Shouldve asked if he ever tasted tire smell before and then blast off

But yea, what a ****!
Old 07-10-11, 08:27 AM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Obviously doughnut deprived.
Old 07-10-11, 09:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

haha too loud? he has never seen a ferrari?
Old 07-10-11, 09:47 AM
designo
Pole Position

Yeah I'm so pissed off! He obviously has never seen an ISF!
Old 07-10-11, 09:56 AM
kmy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the thing I'm so freak'n **** off about. Imports with aftermarket exhaust gets pull over all the time but a BUILT 600whp muscle car don't. In fact most cops would actually like it. I'm afraid I might get pull over for driving my GS400(bc I'm asian). My cousin got pulled over 2 miles b4 he get home driving is brand new Mercedes Benz. Cop did ask, "this car is too new & we didn't believe it was yours". That was a hell of a case.
Old 07-10-11, 10:39 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kmy
Here's the thing I'm so freak'n **** off about. Imports with aftermarket exhaust gets pull over all the time but a BUILT 600whp muscle car don't. In fact most cops would actually like it. I'm afraid I might get pull over for driving my GS400(bc I'm asian). My cousin got pulled over 2 miles b4 he get home driving is brand new Mercedes Benz. Cop did ask, "this car is too new & we didn't believe it was yours". That was a hell of a case.
That's racial profiling, and they even admitted it. Bad news.
Old 07-10-11, 10:51 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Did the officer have a decibel meter on him to support that it was too loud? If not it maybe able to fight it off in court with no form of reference other than the officer was thinking it was too loud based on his ear.
Old 07-10-11, 11:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by kmy
can that even be a plausible excuse to pull one over? isn't that racial profiling?
Old 07-10-11, 12:29 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by kmy
My cousin got pulled over 2 miles b4 he get home driving is brand new Mercedes Benz. Cop did ask, "this car is too new & we didn't believe it was yours". That was a hell of a case.
Here in Oregon police officer can only stop a motorist when he/she has either
a) probable cause to believe that a violation had occurred.
b) reasonable suspicion that a crime had been or is being committed.

"this car is too new & we didn't believe it was yours" wouldn't cut it. So, if I was your cousin, I'd file a personnel complaint against the officer.
Old 07-10-11, 12:44 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Yup, first time ever!

Was cruising 50mph on the freeway, highway patrol comes right up my a$$, flashed me so I pul over!

Cop walks up to my window, asks for my driving license, and then asks me to rev my engine! So I revved it.. he turns to me and says "that too loud"!

Gives me a ticket!

Damnit!
If you we're driving slow, there is no reason for him to be an A hole. So him pulling you offer and asking you to rev you're engine is more of a BS because you could of had an intake in there that he doesn't even know what it is.
Old 07-10-11, 01:40 PM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sango
Did the officer have a decibel meter on him to support that it was too loud? If not it maybe able to fight it off in court with no form of reference other than the officer was thinking it was too loud based on his ear.
Well, I'll tell you how it works here. Cops can pull you over and give you a ticket, you can totally ignore it until the time comes to renew the registration. At the time of registering, your plate is flagged for offence, you then take the car to the inspection department and those guys will determine if it's above the decibel levels for that particular vehicle!

The law is not black and white here, they obviously exempt vehicles that come from the factory this way, but punish those that have been modified aftermarket!

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
If you we're driving slow, there is no reason for him to be an A hole. So him pulling you offer and asking you to rev you're engine is more of a BS because you could of had an intake in there that he doesn't even know what it is.
He was definitely being an A Hole for sure. There was no indication to how loud my car was, he only took a glimpse of a Lexus GS with big pipes and pulled me over to verify that it was indeed "louder" than normal!
Old 07-10-11, 03:19 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

Ridiculous...here in the states, I have NEVER seen a Harley Davidson motorcycle pulled over...and most of these are clear violations of noise limitations.

I know a dedicated rider that sold his bike because he was losing his hearing from the noise!

Quick Reply: Got pulled over yesterday!