GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Just bought an 06 GS300 and stumped on this

Old 07-13-14, 09:20 PM
taimysho0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an 06 GS300 and stumped on this

hi i just bought an 06 gs300 today and it didnt come with a manual. i tried searching but seems like no one is having my problem

1) how does the 3 presets for adjustments work after you save to memory? for example, i set my presets and hold the preset number and set and hear the beep. i do this for my wife also for her preset. when she goes in the car, she presses the preset set for her and nothing happens?? it seems to always default to my preset

2) when i hold close on the moonroof, it goes into a cycle and closes all the way and opens back up again as long as i hold the button. i have to wait just right when it goes down before i can let go to have it close all the way down, is this normal?

other than these 2 things the car drives great
Old 07-13-14, 09:55 PM
taimysho0
Driver School Candidate

also another question is, whats the S stand for on the transmssion next to drive? is that like a sport mode?
Old 07-14-14, 02:32 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

congrats on the new car! hopefully i can help with your questions.

1) this is for the seat position correct? IIRC you need to have the car in P in order for that to work.

2) same thing happened to my moonroof and it was pita. your tracks may be dirty. get a cloth and wipe down the tracks on each side. that did the trick for me when i had that issue.

yes S is for sport mode. you get quicker shifts if you put it in S mode
Old 07-14-14, 04:30 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

sign up at mylexus.com and request they send you a manual. When I bought my GS350 I had to do this.
Old 07-14-14, 07:26 AM
blue00
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

1) Car must be in P for the button to recall, oddly you can make all seat and steering adjustments while driving at any speeds, it just refuses to do recall the positions. Each key can have a preset associated with it so when that key unlocks the driver's door the preset is recalled
2) something is jamming your sunroof and the pressure switch is causing it to stop closing, it re-opens for safety in case whatever was stuck was someone's head (car does have a low roof line)

I am pretty sure S actually does not stand for "sport", IIRC in my manual it is referred to as "Selectable" meaning you can select the gear range to operate in, it really seems quite apt as it does not do any "sport" mode things like re-map throttle response or stiffen suspension, all it does it limit the max gear range up to the one shown on the LCD and even then it will ignore you if you over rev it..... basically use for towing or on really hilly terrain.
Old 07-14-14, 08:27 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blue00
I am pretty sure S actually does not stand for "sport", IIRC in my manual it is referred to as "Selectable" meaning you can select the gear range to operate in, it really seems quite apt as it does not do any "sport" mode things like re-map throttle response or stiffen suspension, all it does it limit the max gear range up to the one shown on the LCD and even then it will ignore you if you over rev it..... basically use for towing or on really hilly terrain.
its only for the trans thats why. it wont change your suspension or engine at all.
Old 07-14-14, 10:44 AM
Mistahoo
Driver

Originally Posted by burny
sign up at mylexus.com and request they send you a manual. When I bought my GS350 I had to do this.
That's awesome! I was trying to find out how to get a manual as my car didn't come with one. Thanks!
Old 07-14-14, 06:40 PM
taimysho0
Driver School Candidate

thanks all for the help! ill order my manual. by the way, i did leave it in P and set the seat and held the set and preset, heard the beep, but when i change it and get out of the car, it does get back to where it was before? do i need to press something to get the seat to move back to the preset? im doing all of this in P by the way
Old 07-14-14, 07:47 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by taimysho0
hi i just bought an 06 gs300 today and it didnt come with a manual. i tried searching but seems like no one is having my problem

1) how does the 3 presets for adjustments work after you save to memory? for example, i set my presets and hold the preset number and set and hear the beep. i do this for my wife also for her preset. when she goes in the car, she presses the preset set for her and nothing happens?? it seems to always default to my preset
I'm pretty sure it goes back to the last programed seat position when the car is started. I don't know that for a fact because I don't let the wife drive my Lexus. Either way if you select a preprogramed seat position it should move into that position.

2) when i hold close on the moonroof, it goes into a cycle and closes all the way and opens back up again as long as i hold the button. i have to wait just right when it goes down before i can let go to have it close all the way down, is this normal?
Your moon roof needs to be programed...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...operation.html

Basically you need to close the moon roof then hold the open tilt button, the moon roof will tilt open, then shut, then open all the way and then close itself. When its done with this process the moon roof will be programed and you can release the open tilt button.

Originally Posted by taimysho0
thanks all for the help! ill order my manual.
Don't waste you money on a manual go to...

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do

... and you can view the manual online. If you create a fee account and add your VIN you can see what work has been done to your car at a Lexus dealer.

You may want to view the following link it has a lot of information about the GS..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tart-here.html
Old 07-14-14, 08:56 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Originally Posted by YaMomma
Don't waste you money on a manual go to...

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do

... and you can view the manual online. If you create a fee account and add your VIN you can see what work has been done to your car at a Lexus dealer.

You may want to view the following link it has a lot of information about the GS..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tart-here.html
Originally Posted by burny
That is the same website as mylexus.com. Just create the free account and add your vin. Where you go to view the manual online allows you to order a paper copy for free unless you or someone used your vin to order one in the past 30 days. I put in my order earlier today!