GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

HID DS4 choices

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-11, 12:41 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nigel is right. The philipsxenon.com site is a fake. Philips xenoco is not available in 6000K. Only the Ultinon comes in 6000K. Also the Ultinon 6000K has a purple ignition stick, while the Ultinon 5000K has an electric blue ignition stick.

My ones cost me $370 in Japan so Nigel's price is good.
Old 05-16-11, 01:00 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlacBeauty
didnt kno there was a difference in german vs japan made...learn something new i guess.
what yall recommand for the fog lights?
Did you read what I post?

I mean, yours are fake one.
I am sorry.
Old 05-16-11, 08:32 PM
Harlemboi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it ok to order the garax bulbs from eBay for 89.99 or is there a better place to get them from?
Old 05-16-11, 10:43 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Harlemboi
Is it ok to order the garax bulbs from eBay for 89.99 or is there a better place to get them from?
Yeah its fine and just submit a best offer to get them, If you want I'm selling mine they are brand new never used, couldn't decide what I wanted. PM me if you want them.
Old 05-17-11, 05:22 PM
smilepak
Driver

That is where i got mine. From the MTECH seller. Bought lights from them before a few times for my 2007 Camry and other cars. Pretty reliable. They are based in Corona, CA. So shipping is fairly fast for me.
Old 05-19-11, 01:58 AM
denvergs4
Driver

You guys WANT THE TRUTH!

Are we paying for the marketing and branding of the Philips or are we actually receiving a much higher grade bulb buying and paying the price for Phillips?

Fact: Philips has a Light Factory in Hong Kong, with 11 automatic production lines installed which is capable of producing 200 million pieces a year. This is for their automotive department, HID bulbs included.

I have a very high up friend with Phillips that always jokes about the true cost of Phillips bulbs, a profit margin that would blow most people away. I won't say the price but it's under $10 a pair, ad marketing costs, wages, shipping and R&D and I'm sure that can't account for the hundreds more they sell those for.

Listen, I'm not debating the quality of Phillips, however they are still made in China, which I feel is very disingenuous and I will not purchase their products.

In fact I have tried Garax from ijdmtoy.com and frankly in my opinion they are also very disingenuous in their marketing and where they truly purchase their HID bulbs, which is not from the true Japan company. Want proof? Here is the company claims they purchase their HID lights from: http://kspec.co.jp/garax_jp/

Here is the email from Garax in Japan, use this to translate: http://translation.babylon.com/japanese/to-english/

Garett様

いつもお世話になっております。

お問い合わせありがとうございます。

お問い合わせの件ですが、
残念ながら日本語表記のみになっております。

日本のみの販売になります。
外国には発送を行っておりません。

今後とも何卒宜しくお願い致します。

ケースペックエレクトロニクス株式会社
〒444-1314
愛知県高浜市論地町3丁目9番地57
電話番号 0566-54-5788 
FAX番号 0566-54-5799
K'SPEC ELECTRONICS GARAXサポート担当 竹内
E-mail info@garax.jp
URL http://www.garax_jp/

Now I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus here but I do my homework as you can tell and hate dealing with companies that strait up LIE to consumers and expect us to just "take their word for it"

I spent a little over $90 for the pair (D4S) at: http://www.xenonliquidators.com/HID_Lights_D4S_D4R.html

And have received the same color, clarity and distance of the so great Phillips and Garax, they have been in my car for almost 1 1/2 years and still the same quality.

There's super cheap companies out there and there's companies like the one listed above that are reasonable for the same quality. I purchased mine in a group buy and saved myself roughly $20 a pair. Call and talk to Chris, he's who I dealt with, he can organize a group buy and let you know when he has enough people for the order. I'm already on the list for another pair.

I'm not trying to sell anyone here but these are the facts, I'm sure this post will **** people off but it's the truth and needs to be spread.
Old 05-19-11, 02:42 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by denvergs4
You guys WANT THE TRUTH!

Are we paying for the marketing and branding of the Philips or are we actually receiving a much higher grade bulb buying and paying the price for Phillips?

Fact: Philips has a Light Factory in Hong Kong, with 11 automatic production lines installed which is capable of producing 200 million pieces a year. This is for their automotive department, HID bulbs included.

I have a very high up friend with Phillips that always jokes about the true cost of Phillips bulbs, a profit margin that would blow most people away. I won't say the price but it's under $10 a pair, ad marketing costs, wages, shipping and R&D and I'm sure that can't account for the hundreds more they sell those for.

Listen, I'm not debating the quality of Phillips, however they are still made in China, which I feel is very disingenuous and I will not purchase their products.

In fact I have tried Garax from ijdmtoy.com and frankly in my opinion they are also very disingenuous in their marketing and where they truly purchase their HID bulbs, which is not from the true Japan company. Want proof? Here is the company claims they purchase their HID lights from: http://kspec.co.jp/garax_jp/

Here is the email from Garax in Japan, use this to translate: http://translation.babylon.com/japanese/to-english/

Garett様

いつもお世話になっております。

お問い合わせありがとうございます。

お問い合わせの件ですが、
残念ながら日本語表記のみになっております。

日本のみの販売になります。
外国には発送を行っておりません。

今後とも何卒宜しくお願い致します。

ケースペックエレクトロニクス株式会社
〒444-1314
愛知県高浜市論地町3丁目9番地57
電話番号 0566-54-5788 
FAX番号 0566-54-5799
K'SPEC ELECTRONICS GARAXサポート担当 竹内
E-mail info@garax.jp
URL http://www.garax_jp/

Now I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus here but I do my homework as you can tell and hate dealing with companies that strait up LIE to consumers and expect us to just "take their word for it"

I spent a little over $90 for the pair (D4S) at: http://www.xenonliquidators.com/HID_Lights_D4S_D4R.html

And have received the same color, clarity and distance of the so great Phillips and Garax, they have been in my car for almost 1 1/2 years and still the same quality.

There's super cheap companies out there and there's companies like the one listed above that are reasonable for the same quality. I purchased mine in a group buy and saved myself roughly $20 a pair. Call and talk to Chris, he's who I dealt with, he can organize a group buy and let you know when he has enough people for the order. I'm already on the list for another pair.

I'm not trying to sell anyone here but these are the facts, I'm sure this post will **** people off but it's the truth and needs to be spread.
I won't speak for Garax, because I am not selling Garax.

But as for PHILIPS, I think your friend do NOT know his company too well.

Philips DO have a company in CHINA (NOT Hong Kong) There is NO HID Factory in Hong Kong and make HID. Philips DO make HID CONVERSATION KIT in CHINA. And that's ONLY for HID Converstaion kit such as 9006. I will take some pictures and show you when I have the HID 9006 converstaion kit on hand.
Philips also have a factory in Taiwan and making LED.
(Such as Parking light/ Day Time running light.)
Philips is VERY CLEAR on where their products are made in.
(If they are the REAL BOX. Not those FAKE packaging.)
FACT is these Ultinon are MADE IN GERMANY.

And you said the bulbs that you are trying to advertise received the same color, clarity and distance of the so great Phillips and Garax.
Philips and Garax 6000K are NOT the same color. As for clarity and distance, I believe there is a review for Garax and Philips bulbs somewhere on the forum. It is from a member who had bought their philips Ultinon bulbs from Japan previously. My question is, when everyone knows that Philips and Garax 6000K do NOT have the same color, how can the bulbs that you advertise have TWO different color?

Here is some example:
(I will show you the Philips (made in china )HID conversation kit to you when I get the conversation from them .)

LED Day time running light - designed by Philips in Europe and made in Taiwan

Halogen light bulbs

Last edited by Nigel-JDMParts; 05-19-11 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-19-11, 01:16 PM
denvergs4
Driver

I'm glad to see someone with your knowledge support the CL forums...listen man just because there's ink on a box doesn't mean it's true! I'm sure you also believe the world is going to end in 2012 as well. It's a well known trick in manufacturing, just because you get a percentage of parts or conduct R&D in one country you can still manufacture them in another and claim they are made from the location you conducted your R&D and or obtained parts from...Is this your first day?

Philips Lighting: sales from Guildford and manufacture in Hamilton, Lanarkshire.
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/head-ligh...rue;tabState=0

FIGURE OUT YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOUR PRETEND YOU ARE SMART!

Philips Hong Kong began operation in 1948. Philips Hong Kong houses the global headquarter of Philips' Audio Business Unit. It also house Philip's Asia Pacific regional office and headquarters for its Design Division, Domestic Appliances & Personal Care Products Division, Lighting Products Division and Medical System Products Division.[19]
Philips also has a Light Factory in Hong Kong, with 11 automatic production lines installed which is capable of producing 200 million pieces a year. The Philips Light Factory was established in 1974, now certified with ISO9001:2000 & ISO14001, its product portfolio ranges from Prefocus, Lensend to E10 miniature light bulbs.[19]

Your grammar makes me speculate you are uneducated or foreign and your website is a make shift template with products that you are probably sourcing from someone you know. You have NO credit in my book with a 0 google PR rating and a Alexa rating of 3,281,690.

And on top of that Phillips WILL NEVER release a conversion kit in the USA, because DOT and FMVSS will NOT allow them. Is this your first day? Don't you think all major HID companies would be flooding the market with LEGAL HID kits if it wasn't illegal?

AND YES I HAVE PURCHASED AND USED BOTH GARAX AND PHILIPS before when I was uneducated and as naive as you.

What I am saying is companies use disingenuous marketing to justify the high cost of their products, this is marketing 101! A good marketer can make you believe anything is true.

And I'm not selling anything like you, so I have nothing to defend. I simply stated that I purchased from Xenon Liquidators and the bulbs were just as good if not better and the price was 1/3 your so precious Philips, so I was giving my "educated" opinion, which as of now is much more superior than yours.

There are the facts, now I'm not going to continue having this conversation, unlike you I'm not selling a product from a make shift website and defending a product where I make $150 a pair of bulbs! This is a capitalist market but GREED has brought this great nation to it's knees.

Good luck in business my friend!
Old 05-19-11, 02:10 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

I'm glad to see someone with your knowledge support the CL forums...listen man just because there's ink on a box doesn't mean it's true! I'm sure you also believe the world is going to end in 2012 as well. It's a well known trick in manufacturing, just because you get a percentage of parts or conduct R&D in one country you can still manufacture them in another and claim they are made from the location you conducted your R&D and or obtained parts from...Is this your first day?

Philips Lighting: sales from Guildford and manufacture in Hamilton, Lanarkshire.
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/head-ligh...rue;tabState=0

FIGURE OUT YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOUR PRETEND YOU ARE SMART!

Philips Hong Kong began operation in 1948. Philips Hong Kong houses the global headquarter of Philips' Audio Business Unit. It also house Philip's Asia Pacific regional office and headquarters for its Design Division, Domestic Appliances & Personal Care Products Division, Lighting Products Division and Medical System Products Division.[19]
Philips also has a Light Factory in Hong Kong, with 11 automatic production lines installed which is capable of producing 200 million pieces a year. The Philips Light Factory was established in 1974, now certified with ISO9001:2000 & ISO14001, its product portfolio ranges from Prefocus, Lensend to E10 miniature light bulbs.[19]

Your grammar makes me speculate you are uneducated or foreign and your website is a make shift template with products that you are probably sourcing from someone you know. You have NO credit in my book with a 0 google PR rating and a Alexa rating of 3,281,690.

And on top of that Phillips WILL NEVER release a conversion kit in the USA, because DOT and FMVSS will NOT allow them. Is this your first day? Don't you think all major HID companies would be flooding the market with LEGAL HID kits if it wasn't illegal?

AND YES I HAVE PURCHASED AND USED BOTH GARAX AND PHILIPS before when I was uneducated and as naive as you.

What I am saying is companies use disingenuous marketing to justify the high cost of their products, this is marketing 101! A good marketer can make you believe anything is true.

And I'm not selling anything like you, so I have nothing to defend. I simply stated that I purchased from Xenon Liquidators and the bulbs were just as good if not better and the price was 1/3 your so precious Philips, so I was giving my "educated" opinion, which as of now is much more superior than yours.

There are the facts, now I'm not going to continue having this conversation, unlike you I'm not selling a product from a make shift website and defending a product where I make $150 a pair of bulbs! This is a capitalist market but GREED has brought this great nation to it's knees.

Good luck in business my friend!
Philips factory is in CHINA now! And their department in Hong Kong are closed. If you try to call the asia department in Hong Kong for auto lighting, they will refer you to the CHINA department. The market in China is so much bigger and they moved. Yes, I am from foreign and my English isn't perfect. But it doesn't mean I don't know things about PHILIPS. And I NEVER said I am getting these HID bulbs and conversation kit in the U.S. I mentioned it earlier, they won't be available in the U.S. or any U.S. philips retailer. I am importing them from Japan and I am sourcing most of my stuff from Japan.
I am glad to hear your "superior" and "educated" opinion.
And I know what is marketing 101, thank you.
Btw,
Kia will go from point A to point B.
Lexus will go from point A to point B.
Why are you driving Lexus? When both cars will go from point A to point B?
Lexus is using disingenuous marketing to justify the high cost of their products, and this is marketing 101.
Peace.
Old 05-19-11, 05:57 PM
denvergs4
Driver

Soooo they aren't really made in Germany, "Philips factory is in CHINA now" - you should stop having this conversation with me now because your hole is getting bigger and bigger.

I have been in the import/export game for years and you are lying when you say you are getting HID equipment from Japan. There's roughly a dozen manufacturers there and only one exports to the US due to DOT regulations and customs inspections, and they are $400+ per pair...If you truly are I'm sure you won't have a problem showing all of us a performa invoice (you can even black out everything but the origin of shipment) but since those can get doctored in photoshop, how about a DHL tracking number proving you are getting inventory from Japan.

And please don't compare apples to oranges, what brand of car you drive is much different than what lights you buy for your car.

I'm so sick of people trying to sell these things for inflated prices when you can get the same quality elsewhere. All this JDM BS is driving me crazy...If people were told the truth they wouldn't purchase HID lights for $200 more than they should.

I hope this clears the air with Philips and Garax and any other company trying to sell their inflated prices by being disingenuous.

I have proven my side and until you can prove yours with documentation of importation from Japan, I CALL BS!

Again, good luck with your business, my time is better spent elsewhere debating an actual argument with logic and truth!
Old 05-19-11, 07:31 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Soooo they aren't really made in Germany, "Philips factory is in CHINA now" - you should stop having this conversation with me now because your hole is getting bigger and bigger.

I have been in the import/export game for years and you are lying when you say you are getting HID equipment from Japan. There's roughly a dozen manufacturers there and only one exports to the US due to DOT regulations and customs inspections, and they are $400+ per pair...If you truly are I'm sure you won't have a problem showing all of us a performa invoice (you can even black out everything but the origin of shipment) but since those can get doctored in photoshop, how about a DHL tracking number proving you are getting inventory from Japan.

And please don't compare apples to oranges, what brand of car you drive is much different than what lights you buy for your car.

I'm so sick of people trying to sell these things for inflated prices when you can get the same quality elsewhere. All this JDM BS is driving me crazy...If people were told the truth they wouldn't purchase HID lights for $200 more than they should.

I hope this clears the air with Philips and Garax and any other company trying to sell their inflated prices by being disingenuous.

I have proven my side and until you can prove yours with documentation of importation from Japan, I CALL BS!

Again, good luck with your business, my time is better spent elsewhere debating an actual argument with logic and truth!

I already mentioned the HID conversation kit is made in CHINA, but NOT the Ultinon 6000K. I think you got mess up.
Well, I can show you the box from Philips to me and some boxes with Japanese shipping label on it.
Let me tell you a little more, I am getting all of my Lexus Japan parts from Japan. I have my people pack them together and ship them to the states. I have been selling Lexus Japan parts for a few years and never fail! Even the Japan ONLY key holder on lexus.jp, I got it for one of my customer who drive IS F. Lexus will NEVER EXPORT or sell it to any other country. You can still believe I get my parts from else where.
Alright, guess our discussion should stop by now. You can believe what you believe in. =)

http://lexus.jp/brand/collection/2011ss/index.html (Page 29)

Last edited by Nigel-JDMParts; 05-19-11 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-21-11, 09:43 PM
HIDness
Driver

Originally Posted by BlacBeauty
u paid 299? when its 199 at a legit philips website...
http://www.philipsxenon.com/philips-...id-bulb-p-1275
that is not philips website.....double check again for yourself.
Old 05-23-11, 07:58 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Nigel i think he happy cause he think he got a good deal on the bulb look at the Link he posted LMAO yeah and it is call marketing
Retail Price $358.00
Liquidation Price $89.50 (Pair)
You save $268.50 (75%)
Old 05-25-11, 11:30 AM
xklusyv
Driver School Candidate

I suggest no more than 6000k. I'm currently using 8000k in NYC and I can barely see things at times. I'm looking for a 5000k bulb. Look into the 2010 RX D4S bulbs, they look good.
Old 05-27-11, 10:56 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah ive seen on ebay the new rx bulbs and the toyota venza bulbs, they're both 6000k and they're both oem pieces. im gonna be looking into these

Quick Reply: HID DS4 choices