GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

200,000 miles and climbing every month.... Service performed, cost and issues......

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 07:03 AM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work as usual John, I always learn a ton from you. The photos are awesome.

I like how you put the G2 on the center of the discs ... good idea.

I've heard about people adding the camber kit before. Does it make any noticeable difference in handling, or is it primarily to help extend the life of your tires. Do you need an alignment after installing?
Old 10-26-11, 05:42 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
As always love the thread, I got confused with the pics of the bolts. It looks flat once cleaned it all looked circle? Did i miss something? You should also edit the title and put it that 100k service is also included
Yes you did. That first picture shows the magnet covered with very fine metal shavings and oil. How can I edit the title? I tried with no luck!

Originally Posted by CAK 500
Nice work as usual John, I always learn a ton from you. The photos are awesome.

I like how you put the G2 on the center of the discs ... good idea.

I've heard about people adding the camber kit before. Does it make any noticeable difference in handling, or is it primarily to help extend the life of your tires. Do you need an alignment after installing?
Hey Chris! The camber kit makes a huge improvement on ride and handling now that I'm riding on my entire rear tire. I will go back to stock in about 50k and sell this camber kit for a huge discount if you want to wait. Come on by anytime if you want to check it out for yourself.
Old 10-26-11, 07:37 PM
sbui
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice work loving your garage. i wish i had a garage like yours
Old 10-31-11, 11:43 AM
quizex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmade22
Part 2:
On another note, I am getting a little tired of the harder ride from the springs and the 30 and 35 series tires. I decided to buy one last rear set of tires and ride on these tires till I hit 150k. At that point, i'm buying all oem struts and springs complete and I will be riding on stock wheels. I found these prestine 08-10 GS wheels on this forms so I bought these as my backup set.
Ohh, finally you admit it to say - that indeed lowering car and low profile tires are only for show off and it is gay! You choose either ride quality on the car that was built for that or ni***r *** showoff, that majority of people here are for. Just saying, to each it own though, however I would recommend not to give up on your 19th, but put a little bit more rubber on them. I'm running same 19th on stock suspension and 245/40/19 DWS' all around due to AWD, ride quality is THE SAME and thanks to Continental it has sharp handling. here is some pics:

size differences between 225/45/19 (too skinny) [245/40/19 - just right] 245/45/19 (too big)
but according to Discount Tire all continentals DWS are on the back order and hard to get!

245/45 and 245/40:

And once you have painted calipers you may consider putting a white Lexus logo on them (cheap from eBay)

Old 06-07-12, 09:09 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you hit 150k yet?
Old 06-08-12, 02:52 PM
Fation
Driver

Great JOB! You have really put in a lot of work and done a great job. Where do the wires for the radar detector go through to get to where you put the unit.
Old 06-08-12, 05:39 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What did you use to clean up the throttle body? how?
Old 06-09-12, 07:21 AM
Krstobond
Rookie

Damn wish u were my neighbor
Old 06-30-12, 01:27 PM
1scGS450h
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Love this thread!! bookmarked! I need to get started on my services soon... I still need to figure out how to do the atf due to my car being a hybrid.. I hope its all the same?

Could someone clarify if these steps will also be the same for the hybrid (450h)? ..
Old 06-30-12, 05:16 PM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Where did you get your cases in the trunk?
Old 06-30-12, 08:00 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Hundred
So you dealer could flush out all 13 qts of WS fluid; I went to LONGO LEXUS yesterday and told them to flush out all WS fluids, and they only did the WS fluid service which is maybe 4-5 qts and told me they don't have the machine for it. They said they have the machine for type IV, but not for WS fluid. I thought it was kind of interesting becuase LONGO is one of the biggest dealership on the west coast.
If I'm reading that invoice correctly, it looks like the dealer there is using BG Products PF5 machine, with either the BG ATF or Toyota/Lexus OE one - it's not specified.

http://www.bgprod.com/products/transmission.html
http://www.bgprod.com/blendr/syntheticATF.html
Old 07-09-12, 05:48 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey guys! I hit the 141,000 mile mark last week. I have some more photos to post up whenever I get some time. All is fantastic with the car. I got new tires in the front and had a vibration. I had a bad tire and had it replaced and still had a vibration. Everyone said it was my struts so I said screw it. I decided to get new struts and put the car back on my new stock wheels with all new tires. It turned out, it was the tires. I was pissed off to say the least. I'm still rolling on stock struts and springs with my oem wheels for now. I'm going to buy another set of front tires ( not Continental) and mount them back on the car with the F sport springs. At least I have a new set of struts and a functioning set of stock wheels as backup.

The car is rock solid and has never skipped a beat. It's sitting pretty all cleaned and waxed in my garage for the next two weeks. I'm flying to NY for work and spending the weekend with friends and family. I do have a lot more trips in the future that requires a plane and not my car so I will hit the 150k mark a little later than expected. Stay tooned for an update in the near future.

Cleaning the throttle body is just your basic can of throttle bottle and a good sturdy rag. Make sure the engine is cold and clean the gunk out. If you spray it into the throttle body expect the car to sputter and throw a code when you start it.

The cases in my trunk where made by me. I own an embroidery business so I'm able to do the fine touches on things like the bags and straps.

Well guys, I've been so busy with work and the family that I really have had no time to post much on this site. I will do my best to take some pictures of my progress. Take care!
Old 07-10-12, 01:57 AM
Drzava
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmade22

Cleaning the throttle body is just your basic can of throttle bottle and a good sturdy rag. Make sure the engine is cold and clean the gunk out. If you spray it into the throttle body expect the car to sputter and throw a code when you start it. !
Any issues here with the sensor or can we just give it a good rub? Planning to do this myself soon.
Old 08-26-12, 04:24 PM
amdaxiom
Driver School Candidate

Wow, thanks for taking the time to take and post the pictures. You have a garage that I am envious of!
Old 08-28-12, 08:06 PM
vasgs4
Pole Position

Just started a new job where I drive 3000-4000 miles a month. This thread is inspirational. I'm thinking between a 2006 GS430 or a 2008 GS350.

How do you deal with your cars depreciating so fast and justifying driving a luxury car? I tried to buy a 2008 scion XB to use for work but after 2 months, I regret selling my 2004 GS430, I wish I would have just used that as my road warrior.

Quick Reply: 200,000 miles and climbing every month.... Service performed, cost and issues......