GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

how do you get the drl to match the 6k hids

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-10, 06:45 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you get the drl to match the 6k hids

is there a way.? i understand that the drl are the same as the high beams but running at a lower wattage. and there is another bulb in there that i read is the parking light. here are my questions.
1. what is a parking light? when does this light up?
2.what light turns on when the lowbeams are on? drl or parking light? i would like to have them all at 6k.
3. where and how much for a drl led bulb.
Old 10-31-10, 07:21 PM
Johnnyk1
Rookie

wow really? how long have you had ur car? why not just look at what bulbs come on while someone turns them on and go from there?

DRl and highbeams are the same and they are a 9006 bulb

1. the parking light comes on when you low beam is on, it is a 194 bulb. from the sticky titled "look here before starting a thread
"https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/476475-diy-parking-light-d4s-hid-low-xenondepot-194-led.html
2. did u try turning on the low beams a walking in front of the car to see what bulbs lit up or get someone to turn on the highbeam to see what bulb came on? to answer ur question the parking comes on when the low beam is on.
3. if you wanna change ur DRL bulb look for 9006 bulb. xenon depot is a vendor on here and i would think he would have them on his website.

sorry i'm usually not a smart a** but it the question you asked seem so common and sense...
Old 11-01-10, 06:48 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Johnnyk1
wow really? how long have you had ur car? why not just look at what bulbs come on while someone turns them on and go from there?

DRl and highbeams are the same and they are a 9006 bulb

1. the parking light comes on when you low beam is on, it is a 194 bulb. from the sticky titled "look here before starting a thread
"https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/476475-diy-parking-light-d4s-hid-low-xenondepot-194-led.html
2. did u try turning on the low beams a walking in front of the car to see what bulbs lit up or get someone to turn on the highbeam to see what bulb came on? to answer ur question the parking comes on when the low beam is on.
3. if you wanna change ur DRL bulb look for 9006 bulb. xenon depot is a vendor on here and i would think he would have them on his website.

sorry i'm usually not a smart a** but it the question you asked seem so common and sense...
so common and sense? o.k i appreciate you answering most of my questions. i have had my car about a month or so. i saw that thread titled "look here before starting a thread". my main concern was and is that if the drl is the high beam then how will the hid look at that lower power? sorry im not a lexus tech or know it all.
Old 11-01-10, 08:34 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

it will still have that yellow look i believe. you dont get the actual color until the low beams are on.
Old 11-01-10, 09:14 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
it will still have that yellow look i believe. you dont get the actual color until the low beams are on.
thanks. a normal answer.
Old 11-01-10, 03:58 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im thinking of getting some of the really blue bulbs and see if it will light atleast a lil blue
Old 11-01-10, 03:59 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
not true search for pics of my car. They match my 6k HID & HID Fogs perfect

Old 11-01-10, 04:33 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2

What bulb combinations did you use color combo, and sizes if you don t mind I too would be interested. Do you still have use of you high beam and are they reliable I just had my boy install hid fogs for me and they stopped working within a week !!!
Old 11-01-10, 05:53 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
What bulb combinations did you use color combo, and sizes if you don t mind I too would be interested. Do you still have use of you high beam and are they reliable I just had my boy install hid fogs for me and they stopped working within a week !!!
that sucks. what brand were they so i can stay away............. installation of hids is pretty simple plug and play. must have been a bad batch or something like that. can you get a refund???? if ebay i think you can contact paypal.
Old 11-01-10, 05:57 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

im also interested!!!!!!!!!!! what combination? and what hid kit do you reccomend? i had xentec before and i never had any problems with it, i got those off ebay.

so let me make sure im correct here. the drl is just a small regular bulb like the ones on most cars as backup lights. and the parking lights is the highbeam working at a lower voltage when the lowbeams are on. if im wrong please correct me. without being rude.please. lol
Old 11-01-10, 07:17 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

just buy these and your all good. Its been a year and not one issue and the match perfect and dont look yellow when its the DRL

Im sure you can find pics of my car with them installed. I know I posted about this before.
Old 11-01-10, 07:30 PM
Johnnyk1
Rookie

parking light bulb on left DRL on right
Old 11-01-10, 07:54 PM
Drift King
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just buy these and your all good. Its been a year and not one issue and the match perfect and dont look yellow when its the DRL

Im sure you can find pics of my car with them installed. I know I posted about this before.
Are 65 watt bulbs safe on the stock harness?
Old 11-02-10, 03:35 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drift King
Are 65 watt bulbs safe on the stock harness?
good point. and where can i get this?
Old 11-02-10, 05:16 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Like I said its been over a year...lets not forget that the DRL's dont run at full wattage Im also not the only one using these locally with no issues.

Quick Reply: how do you get the drl to match the 6k hids