GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-10, 08:48 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth

I saw this product is now shipping from their Facebook page.

Has anyone got it yet? Would love some fact based experience with it before I make my selection between the VML and this. My SL2i is on the blink so I ought to replace it soon.

Interested in how does it sound? Is the A2DP any good? Is it compact and easy to mount?
Old 07-13-10, 08:01 PM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is still backordered at Amazon. Is it available elsewhere?
Old 07-17-10, 11:17 AM
ASILVER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amazon has the 1500 toyota model in stock ready to ship .....what's the diff b/w the toyota model and the lexus model...I mean...really is there a difference?

http://www.amazon.com/MB1500-Toyota-...9390294&sr=8-4

on dice's website if you select bluetooth, on either toyota OR Lexus they both say pre-order only.

I've not gotten into the backside of the stereo yet so I'm not familiar if they are actually identical or different.

my 350 does not have ML system nor nav FWIW

Last edited by ASILVER; 07-17-10 at 11:19 AM. Reason: a
Old 07-18-10, 03:41 PM
ASILVER
Driver

OK I just purchased the Lexus 1500 model on ebay...should be here in a week or so will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-18-10, 06:23 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ASILVER
OK I just purchased the Lexus 1500 model on ebay...should be here in a week or so will let you know how it goes.
Super. I'm looking forward to your review.
Old 07-19-10, 07:07 AM
3GS404
Lead Lap

That's Great!!.. keep us posted asap...thanks
Old 07-19-10, 07:30 AM
ASILVER
Driver

FWIW for y'all ebayers out there, Bing cash back ends 7/31/10 they are cancelling it forever, the mediabridge was 275 from an authorized dealer, plus 8% off from bing plus 2% back from ebay, so roughly 250 bux.

At home I have the motorla DC 800...seen here

http://www.n1wireless.com/Bluetooth_...o_Adapter.html

it converts my phone audio from bluetooth to rca or headphone jack and works flawlessly in my house so I'm sure it will operate great in the car as well.

My questions are.

1: will the usb connection charge the phone (droid charges through usb) if not I'll have to run another line but this would be very clean if it did.

2: can it connect via bluetooth to the car's bluetooth for phone but ALSO to the media bridge for audio...I doubt this, but since I just recently hooked up my phone to the car and transferred my phone book to the car this is a feature I don't want to lose, so if I do lose it I might run a headphone jack from phone to media bridge and only connect BT to the car.
Old 07-19-10, 11:12 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

FWIW for y'all ebayers out there, Bing cash back ends 7/31/10 they are cancelling it forever, the mediabridge was 275 from an authorized dealer, plus 8% off from bing plus 2% back from ebay, so roughly 250 bux.

At home I have the motorla DC 800...seen here

http://www.n1wireless.com/Bluetooth_...o_Adapter.html

it converts my phone audio from bluetooth to rca or headphone jack and works flawlessly in my house so I'm sure it will operate great in the car as well.

My questions are.

1: will the usb connection charge the phone (droid charges through usb) if not I'll have to run another line but this would be very clean if it did.

2: can it connect via bluetooth to the car's bluetooth for phone but ALSO to the media bridge for audio...I doubt this, but since I just recently hooked up my phone to the car and transferred my phone book to the car this is a feature I don't want to lose, so if I do lose it I might run a headphone jack from phone to media bridge and only connect BT to the car.
Most phones won't simultaneously support 2 bluetooth connections. So you have to choose between the mediabridge and the car's bluetooth phone. The Media bridge also supports hands-free calling so it will be interesting to test which has better sound quality the media bridge or the Lexus system. I am curious about this because the Lexus bluetooth quality in my car is appalling.

If you choose to pair the phone with the Lexus system, then you should be still able to connect your phone via USB for audio to the mediabridge.

In my car I have my iPhone sometimes connected via dock connector to my Vaistech, and then via bluetooth to the car. Most of the time though I just leave a hardwired iPod nano permanently in my car and leave the phone in my pocket.
Old 07-19-10, 11:17 AM
ASILVER
Driver

Droid won't output streaming audio through usb...it will only do media storage via usb

so I could use usb to run the phone as an mp3 player but not to run pandora, which is my main goal.....oh well for not having an iphone...droid doesn't. lol
Old 07-19-10, 11:52 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Droid won't output streaming audio through usb...it will only do media storage via usb

so I could use usb to run the phone as an mp3 player but not to run pandora, which is my main goal.....oh well for not having an iphone...droid doesn't. lol
For pandora you will have to use headphone out to aux. But the car also has an aux input. You don't need mediabridge for that.
Old 07-19-10, 12:08 PM
ASILVER
Driver

In addition to headphone jack, I can stream pandora through the bluetooth from phone to media bridge....and my lexus doesn't have the ML package and everyone's posted that 2007's don't have aux input..

are you sure my 2007 has an aux input factory?
Old 07-19-10, 04:07 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

In addition to headphone jack, I can stream pandora through the bluetooth from phone to media bridge....and my lexus doesn't have the ML package and everyone's posted that 2007's don't have aux input..

are you sure my 2007 has an aux input factory?
No. I know 2008 and 2009 cars have aux. I don't know about 2007.
Old 07-19-10, 05:49 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2007 does not have AUX.
Old 07-20-10, 06:23 PM
NAK
Rookie

With MultiMediaLinQ (VML) you can stream Pandora, XM/Sirius Radio and other audio applications through the USB cable from your iPhone.
Old 07-20-10, 06:30 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Originally Posted by NAK
With MultiMediaLinQ (VML) you can stream Pandora, XM/Sirius Radio and other audio applications through the USB cable from your iPhone.
there's no reason why you can't do that with the iphone too...or via bluetooth..on the dice unit.

I have a droid...so it doesn't stream audio out of the usb....droid doesn't. lol

Quick Reply: Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth