GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 04:47 PM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Media Bridge 1500 for Lexus

Please, Please, Please.....all those with questions please, yes I said it again, please just hit my e-mail @ jr@diceelectronics.com. I am in the office from 9-5 daily pst and can answer any questions any may have. I have an engineering and technical team behind me. So, any questions just e-mail me of if you want you can call me @ 888-342-3999 X 115. I am hearing some very good things.....also everyone know I am a Media Bridge owner with a Toyota and have an HTC EVO and I can basically stream all my audio while navigating, and/or running whatever apps I need. This Medai Bridge is a killer unit, even better when working with smart phone and A2DP functionality. We are introducing Internet Radio functionality from the Head Unit soon, but for now all can run Pandora and with track up/down functionality through the smart phone A2DP functionality.

Best Regards,

J

Dice Electronics
Old 03-10-11, 04:07 PM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Media Bridge Firmware Update Proposed Solution

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I have been logging in unde my facebook account like a Moron....I think it may help if you run the latest firmware version (go to www.diceelectronics.com) on the unit. Also, I know as far as Blutooth Streaming Text we are a bit behind the times, we can got text out of phones with older protocal, but the new protocal like taht in my Evo simply gives me only that I am connected to my Evo(Drocid) device. Not a big deal, but the text on the head unit for songs would be nice. You should be able to use your memory stick and it should remember where it left off every time. You can contac tour tech support our give me a call if the latest firware version does not do the trick. Let me know. My contact phone is 888-342-3999X115

Originally Posted by ASILVER
I have had the bluetooth model for quite a while now...see my earlier posts..here's what I've got issues with.

random doesn't work with 16gb usb stick, it just goes directly to some screen that displays the type of stick "crucial" and it sticks..until you turn off random mode

on the usb stick, it never used to "remember" where I left off, but lately it has remembered and it starts on the song I left it on (this would be preferable but why is it buggy)

when running bluetooth, from droid 2 it only displays the song info from the first song, it never updates or shows new songs after you fast forward. So I know the phone is sending the information but somewhere there's a glitch not allowing it to update as I change songs.

I really like the product, these are not huge issues but figured I'd mention since you posted and you want to help
Old 03-16-11, 03:15 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by panda327
i ordered and installed this device
works great!!!

bluetooth is loud and clear to my listeners ... at first they can hear echo . but as the calls goes on they say i'm as loud as shouting

however wen i make calls or call comes in some times the sound cuts before the phone number is done announcing ..
so i've had this unit for more then a month now ...

bluetooth works perfectly fine .. people can hear my loud and clear and I them..

controls are a bit buggy.. theres a learning curve to get used how to set up the options, but it works..

Last edited by panda327; 03-16-11 at 04:04 AM.
Old 03-21-11, 11:40 AM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Thanks for the input

To my Dice customers I thank you for your business and your comments. I have the unit and really like it, works good for me. I think as an alternative to some other solutions the Media Bridge is a real winner for some, it seems it is becoming a more accepted application and that is what we are trying to do here. I take all comments and run them buy my higher ups.

Again Thanks,

-J
Old 03-21-11, 11:51 AM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Firmware Updates for Media Bridge, fix bugs

Also, please ensure that all of you with the Media Bridge have the latest firmware version......we are releasing new code all the time. This upgrade could resolve bugs and other fuctionality issues. Here is the link on our web site: http://diceelectronics.com/fw-update.php
Old 03-28-11, 05:03 PM
HACSF
Driver School Candidate

Jay,

My apologies for not posting sooner. Anyway, with the great help Jay and his team I was able to get my Mediabridge work in disc mode.

Best regards
Old 03-28-11, 05:29 PM
cheeblie
Driver School Candidate

Default New Install

I recently purchased the MB-1500 for my 07' IS 250 /wo NAV. Mainly purchased for the A2DP functionality. I haven't installed it yet, and was wondering if there were detailed instructions/guides with pictures. I have done aftermarket deck installs before, but never anything like this. I want it to be as clean as possible and wasn't quite sure on where to place the mic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-11, 05:42 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cheeblie
I recently purchased the MB-1500 for my 07' IS 250 /wo NAV. Mainly purchased for the A2DP functionality. I haven't installed it yet, and was wondering if there were detailed instructions/guides with pictures. I have done aftermarket deck installs before, but never anything like this. I want it to be as clean as possible and wasn't quite sure on where to place the mic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...en-moving.html

follow this guide to get to the back of the deck..
you would be unplugging a cable connected to the bottom cd player with the media bridge one ... it comes with a splitter

I put the media bridge in the glove compartment and have the mic wired to rear view mirror hinge... the mic is not visible at all .. and my callers have no complaints ..

wire the ipod cable from the side of the centre console ... once you open up your trim you will understand

To the Dice Representatives: will there be anymore updates for the media bridge 1500 for Toyota/Lexus?

Last edited by panda327; 03-28-11 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-04-11, 10:31 AM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Microphone Placement Dice Media Bridge for Lexus/Updates/UsersManual and Installation

Hey Guys,

The placement of the Mic for our Media Bridge is pretty straightforward. There are three main concerns which need be adressed.

1. Proximity: The closer to the Mouth the Mic is the better, this is a general statement for this type of product.
2. Vibration/Backround Noise: You cannot place the Mic anywhere that is vibrating and also any noise (including A/C blasting through the mic, big noise maker), and any backround noise you can hear so also will the dude/chick on the other end)
3. Directional: This device is desighned to point directly to the mouth. I place my Mic on my lower right seatbelt latch mechanism pointing up to my mouth. Works well for me, I do ensure I am kinda speaking down so I would suggest the sun visor on the right side (you can just use the clip if you want, but something more custom is preffered for asthetics.

Lastly, as for the "Calling my Grandma Test". I can call my grandma and we can talk when I use my bluetooth in my MB, she knows if I am driving, but does not know if the motor is on and I am parked. She is 70 and I love her to death , but her hearing is bad and the Grandma test is a winner. If your Grandma can hear ya pretty good you are good with most anybody The quality is there if you use the Mic right.

The Product is shipped with a Users Manual which should give you all the information you will need for an install, but if you need help please register the product and contact our technical support 888-342-3999 (and folow the promopts) or myself x115 and I will get you in touch with our Technical team, or answer the question if I can.

Updates: At this time we are satisfied with the Media Bridge functionality for Lexus but are willing to if it makes sense, all feedback is appreciated on this matter. Soon we will be releasing Libio Radio as a Functioality Feature....actual control
Old 05-18-11, 03:33 PM
stabiner
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

So I don't have a Lexus, but I do have an 09 Toyota Matrix S. I was looking for a review of the MB1500 and this forum popped up. It's nice to see representation from DICE here. I'm interested in getting the DICE MB 1500 for my Matrix. I have the stock head unit that has the number 11820 under the AM-SAT button. It also has a Text button. On the steering wheel on the left side there are volume, mode, and ff/rewind controls. There is no navigation or stock Blue-tooth systems. I use the original Motorola Droid. I hope this adequately describes my set up.

I have a few questions for this DICE unit;

1. When paired with my phone how do I answer/hang up calls? Can this be done via steering wheel controls? Can I use my voice to answer the call?

2. When paired and streaming music how do I control navigating through tracks? Can this be done via steering wheel controls?

3. When paired what will be displayed on my head unit while making a call? while streaming music? It would be awesome to see the name of the person on the phone or the title of the track.

4. When listening to FM radio will the phone ring through the head unit and speakers? When the call is over will it switch back to FM radio?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by stabiner; 05-18-11 at 05:11 PM. Reason: another questions
Old 05-23-11, 10:17 AM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Answer to Questions

1.When paired with my phone how would I answer/hang up calls? Can this be done via steering wheel controls? Can I use my voice to answer the call?
You answer calls by using the track up button , and hang up with track down on your steering wheel or stereo. The Media Bridge does not support voice commands, your phone does . When receiving a call the music you are listening to will fade out, a ring tone will initiate, numerical text (the incoming phone number) will display on your stereo, and you can use track up to pick up/track down to ignore.

2. When paired and streaming music how do I control navigating through tracks? Can this be done via steering wheel controls?

When streaming Audio Wirelessly via Bluetooth A2DP you are limited to track up and down control through whatever application (Music/Internet Radio) you launch on the phone. For example I have an HTC EVO and listen to Pandora and I can track forward when they play crud. I use a mounting solution and have my phone mounted landscape close to the stereo using it as my display/touch screen being its large size. Also, you have access to the Audio on all your applications, Navigation for example, you can listen to music streaming while using your navigation application and the voice of the Navigation will fade the music and give you instructions before you need to make your turn. Very intelligent piece.

3. When paired what will be displayed on my head unit while making a call? while streaming music? It would be awesome to see the name of the person on the phone or the title of the track.
When paired with an iPod you get complete text and control of iPod/iPhone through your factory car stereo system. You can only pair smart phones(your Droid) via A2DP streaming (when in Bluetooth Mode your factory system will display PAIRED TO ….NAME OF PHONE……)…..the sound quality is great and the wireless audio streaming functionality really makes the phone one with the car. If you have any flash drives, hard drives, and or possible an iPod you will get text of the song and can access the USB port on the media bridge very easily (you can install a factory like cable that will give you a USB input on the dash if you so choose). There is also an Auxiliary jack that you can use a 3.5 aux to aux cable and play any audio (in Aux mode) from any device via a headphone jack.

4. When paired with my phone and listening to FM radio will the phone ring through the head unit and speakers? When the call is over will it switch back to FM radio? Also, what if the head unit is not powered on and I get a call? Will the head unit power on and ring through the speakers?

The media Bridge is limited to functionality when in the Media Bridge. Simply said if you are not within the SAT button functionality (Media Bridge will be accessed by pressing the SAT button), you will not have any function of the unit. If you are in AM/FM, CD Mode, Factory Satellite, you will not get a ring tone from Media Bridge over the Factory System. I listen to sports talk radio AM……I hit my mode button on my steering wheel till it gets to SAT then track up and talk. We are working on a muting feature that will alleviate this and open our product up for a more factory like interface, but this is down the line a bit six months or so. I do not have much of an issue in this being I pretty much only listen to the music I load on my phone (my baby with access to everything in the world important in my life….scary kind of!!!!) When I do listen to AM radio in the morning the phone is loud enough to initiate the media bridge via steering wheel controls.
Old 05-24-11, 01:29 PM
kevintown
Driver School Candidate

Default mic

i placed it behind the steering wheel so that my voice can be clearer. the lines can go thru the panel without any hassle, because it's a very short distance to the head unit. very easy and clean looking.

i placed the Dice on the passenger side floor inside the plastics but way under the head unit. so that the lines can be hiden under the carpet. very clean looking. only usb and aux is hanging out under the central panel.

for rx330

Originally Posted by cheeblie
Old 07-27-11, 08:39 PM
ASILVER
Driver

UPDATE,

I switched phones from droid to iphone4....I am happy to report that the phone will BT music through the mediabridge and simultaneously BT the phone through the Lexus handsfree system. This is a large plus b/c the factory BT phone retains 100% of the normal wheel functionality, the phonebook can be downloaded to the car, basically everything is better, including the sound quality on the other person's end.

the droid wouldn't do this b/c it didn't have the ability to select the BT control on the phone for audio versus phone calls and the iphone does.

But one new issue is when I don't BT the audio and I plug it in, sometimes the phone says "accessory connected" and nothing works and it doesn't display the cd covers, the work around is to disconnect and reconnect the phone then it works as normal.

What is causing this.....anyone know? I'm wondering if there's a setting to change on the phone to make it always stay in NON-accessory mode.....or if it's something that needs to be updated in the firmware of the mediabridge
Old 07-27-11, 08:50 PM
ASILVER
Driver

an additional note, I just read on dice's website, it says that you can run video if you use the DCR-150 cradle.

does this mean what I think it means.....you can run video into the Lexus screen if you use this cradle? if so does it matter if your car is non-nav?

It would be extremely awesome if I could do this and output the nav from the phone app to the screen on the car...thoughts?

I'll call dice to find out unless someone already knows

***edit update***
dice said the website is totally wrong, and that the dcr 50 won't work with the media bridge and that the dcr150 doesn't pass through video...welp ok then.

Last edited by ASILVER; 07-28-11 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-07-11, 04:47 PM
djrobsd
Rookie

Originally Posted by ASILVER
UPDATE,

I switched phones from droid to iphone4....I am happy to report that the phone will BT music through the mediabridge and simultaneously BT the phone through the Lexus handsfree system. This is a large plus b/c the factory BT phone retains 100% of the normal wheel functionality, the phonebook can be downloaded to the car, basically everything is better, including the sound quality on the other person's end.

the droid wouldn't do this b/c it didn't have the ability to select the BT control on the phone for audio versus phone calls and the iphone does.

But one new issue is when I don't BT the audio and I plug it in, sometimes the phone says "accessory connected" and nothing works and it doesn't display the cd covers, the work around is to disconnect and reconnect the phone then it works as normal.

What is causing this.....anyone know? I'm wondering if there's a setting to change on the phone to make it always stay in NON-accessory mode.....or if it's something that needs to be updated in the firmware of the mediabridge
Your posts on here have been very helpful. I look forward to hearing ify ou get this issue resolved. I'm wondering if there is a difference between waiting for the car to start up and have your stereo turned onto the Mediabridge before connecting your iphone versus plugging it in before you start the car, have you noticed any difference?

Also, you say you download the phonebook to the car. I have an 06 IS350 with ML + Nav, and I can't seem to get the phone book to download. Maybe this was not properly supported with iphone + 06 model?

I'm looking forward to seeing if they get internet radio working with this model, for their other product, they support an app on the iphone called Livio. It would be a HUGE plus if they got Livio working on this, and would completely talk me into dropping the cash for this product.

Quick Reply: Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth