GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My beautiful GS is RUINED!

Old 05-17-10, 06:28 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look on the bright side atleast you didnt slam into anything or somebody slamming into you, but I feel your pain I have a lil ding on my door now but I can see everytime and it looks to me like a freaking huge dent
Old 05-17-10, 07:01 AM
niteflite
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started hearing about that and seeing it on the news. There also was supposed to be a tornado in PG county or something like that. I parked my GS at a covered garage for a couple of hours and went home to wait for the storm to end. Nothing really happened in my neck of the woods although I thought it would be better to play it safe than sorry.

I believe my comprehensive deductible is $500 or so...and I think collision is $1,000. So you just need to play the odds - keep your deductible high because the chances of something like this happening again are quite slim. Although the weather the past 6 months has been crazy.... But still I've had my deductible at the aforementioned 500/1000 for years and it's paid off i think? it makes a significant difference in the insurance premium.

I had a Jetta that had hail damage. I think I got a payout of $500 or so. They were going to replace the hood and perhaps the trunk lid. Don't know if that payout reflected a deductible payment.
Old 05-23-10, 12:12 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

I live in Bethesda, MD and was caught in the same hail storm in my Lexus SC430 hardtop convertible. My experience was the same - sitting in my baby in traffic and hearing boom boom boom and couldn't do anything. The damage - about 20 very small dents on hood and several others on the roof and trunk - all very small. I called foreman of service dept. at Lexus of Rockville and he said bring it in and have the rep. from Dent Wizard take a look and see if paintless dent repair (PDR) can be done. PDR is method of choice if they can do it - cheaper, easier and no replacing panels or filler/painting. Think all DC area Lexus dealers have Dent Wizard reps. available in service dept.

I also researched local dent services but think I will go to Lexus first. I am worried because my roof system has rubber seams and mechanisms which can be tricky to work with. My insurance is only $100 ded. and yes, hail is an "act of God" so rates should NOT go up. It will however appear on carfax that car was in hail storm.

Please let me know who you took your car to and what was done and if you have any advice or recommendatons. Lived here all my life and never experienced hail before this. My Acura also got some minor dents but it is a much older car.
Rustito
Old 05-23-10, 01:14 PM
RooRa
Driver

ouch sorry for your loss, that sucks. i thank god we dont have hail the size of golf ***** or bigger in nj.
Old 05-23-10, 01:52 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

RooRa-Well we haven't had hail here in MD and I have lived here my entire life and NEVER experienced this type of thing. So if it can happen in MD it could come your way too!! But sure hope not.
Rustito
Old 05-23-10, 01:56 PM
RooRa
Driver

Originally Posted by Rustito
RooRa-Well we haven't had hail here in MD and I have lived here my entire life and NEVER experienced this type of thing. So if it can happen in MD it could come your way too!! But sure hope not.
Rustito

OMG- end of the world... i hope this doesnt happen.
Old 05-23-10, 02:11 PM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the DMV cars that got nailed in the storm, and how about the winter we just got? Next it would be awesome if we got California weather and california got DMV weather.
Old 05-23-10, 03:22 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

What is wierd is that the hail didn't hit all areas around DC, e.g., my friends in Kensington didn't know what I was talking about!! I was on River Rd. in Bethesda waiting on a left turn light on a Friday around rush traffic and was totally helpless to do anything but hope my windshield didn't come crashing in - and I was in my SC430 which is very small and the roof is about 6-8" from your head. At first I didn't think there was any damage since the dents are few and very small and my car's color is light blue (Pebble Beach Ed.). But a week later in late day sun I spotted a dent on the hood and upon further inspection there were about 8 dents on the hood and a few on the roof and trunk. It could have been much worse but then again it could have been NJ that got the hail and and not MD/VA/DC and we would be thinking like RooRa - doesn't happen here!! he he
Rustito
Old 05-23-10, 03:57 PM
Coffee87
Rookie

That really sucks. We had softball sized hail here in Oklahoma the past two weeks. I work for an insurance company and we had over 400 claims filed for PDR in one day.

My wife's Solara got hail damage in a storm about two years ago. They did paintless dent repair on the hood, roof, and trunk and it was as good as new.
Old 05-23-10, 04:48 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Really sorry to hear about the dents.
We feelo your pain. It will pass....especially when it's fixed. It will be like it never happened. 500 dollar deuctible means little when your baby needs work.
Old 05-23-10, 09:48 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear that man.....hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-24-10, 09:07 PM
yogregb
Driver

Bummer, give Hail-busters a call...
Old 04-24-11, 10:52 PM
GSVINNY

Thumbs up Awwwwwwww

i feel the pain just reading your story. hope all went well with the banaids..
Old 04-24-11, 11:12 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSVINNY
i feel the pain just reading your story. hope all went well with the banaids..
holy thread bump....a year later
Old 04-26-11, 04:36 AM
Shakimy
Driver School Candidate

We all have our good days and our bad days. and that was a straight up bad as* day. Sorry about that bro but look at the bright side it could've been worse. I understand the mental pain u had. I cant imagine how that would feel. I feel it in my gut if my car just touched the asphalt on high speed bumps. Glad you weren't physically hurt though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My beautiful GS is RUINED!