GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Have any 3GS drivers tested the M37/M56 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-10, 02:51 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have any 3GS drivers tested the M37/M56 yet?

I am curious if any of my fellow 3GS drivers have taken the new 2011 Infiniti M37/M56 for a test drive yet?

Would love to hear your opinions. I am going to get a test drive as soon as I return to the US in a week or so.
Old 04-04-10, 03:11 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey batman aren't you on freshalloy?
Old 04-04-10, 04:09 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Hey batman aren't you on freshalloy?
No I think that's a different Batman.

I am on Club Lexus, Nico Forums, revmat.ch and various speed enforcement countermeasure sites.
Old 04-04-10, 10:49 AM
DaBeast
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
No I think that's a different Batman.

I am on Club Lexus, Nico Forums, revmat.ch and various speed enforcement countermeasure sites.
Speed Enforcement countermeasures? What's that?
Old 04-05-10, 12:03 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaBeast
Speed Enforcement countermeasures? What's that?
Sounds like radar detectors and jammers?
Old 04-05-10, 12:05 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't test drive cars unless I'm going to buy one... Ignorance is bliss.
Old 04-05-10, 01:13 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

I haven't test drove it yet, but here is what an Acura TL driver said in another forum I'm on, after his visit to the dealership and just sitting in the car.

....And was deeply disappointed. The car is quite cramped in front in spite of its large exterior dimensions. With the seat all the way back there still wasn't enough leg room to the gas pedal. Side to side my right leg was bumping into the center console. The interior of the previous M, which had been so attractive was markedly lacking in this refresh. The new E-class interior absolutely blows it away. I didn't have the time to take it out for a test drive but I have to say I was quite unimpressed.

Compared to its little brother, the G, of course it was spacious, but that isn't saying much. The G makes you feel like you're in a straight jacket. I think the Smart car has more useable interior room. So I happily left the Infiniti dealership and climbed back into my Acura TL. I've never appreciated a car more.
Old 04-05-10, 04:12 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Sounds like radar detectors and jammers?
Yes. And other things too. Read "The Driver" by Alex Roy. Not only is it a riveting book but it will tell you more about these countermeasures.
Old 04-05-10, 04:14 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
I haven't test drove it yet, but here is what an Acura TL driver said in another forum I'm on, after his visit to the dealership and just sitting in the car.

....And was deeply disappointed. The car is quite cramped in front in spite of its large exterior dimensions. With the seat all the way back there still wasn't enough leg room to the gas pedal. Side to side my right leg was bumping into the center console. The interior of the previous M, which had been so attractive was markedly lacking in this refresh. The new E-class interior absolutely blows it away. I didn't have the time to take it out for a test drive but I have to say I was quite unimpressed.

Compared to its little brother, the G, of course it was spacious, but that isn't saying much. The G makes you feel like you're in a straight jacket. I think the Smart car has more useable interior room. So I happily left the Infiniti dealership and climbed back into my Acura TL. I've never appreciated a car more.
That surprises me. I will check it out for myself. Its hard to imagine an Acura TL owner saying this since the same comments can be said of the TL!

That said, I'm just curious at this stage. I have no intention of getting a newer car until all the leading players have their next gen model out. Which means waiting for both the BMW and Lexus updates.
Old 04-05-10, 04:29 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

That surprises me. I will check it out for myself. Its hard to imagine an Acura TL owner saying this since the same comments can be said of the TL!

That said, I'm just curious at this stage. I have no intention of getting a newer car until all the leading players have their next gen model out. Which means waiting for both the BMW and Lexus updates.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised myself. I think I may test drive the Infiniti tomorrow, just to see for myself. Right now, I am probably going to buy a Genesis this fall.

I don't even want to look at German Cars. I just have too many friends with those and I listen to the 'trips to the dealership' and expensive service. That is why I have bought Lexus in the past. I don't want to go near the dealership after the sale.
Old 04-05-10, 04:37 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Yeah, I was a bit surprised myself. I think I may test drive the Infiniti tomorrow, just to see for myself. Right now, I am probably going to buy a Genesis this fall.

I don't even want to look at German Cars. I just have too many friends with those and I listen to the 'trips to the dealership' and expensive service. That is why I have bought Lexus in the past. I don't want to go near the dealership after the sale.
Yeah I share your perspective on the German cars having been the owner of 3 consecutive BMWs until my move to Lexus on the current GS. I love Lexus reliability and service. However, I was in the UK for the past week visiting my brother, and driving his BMW reminded of how good their performance engineering is.

Genesis is a great car - but my sense is it will appeal to you if you are the kind of GS owner who would rather have an LS. If you are the kind of GS owner who has a GS and you don't like the LS, then you may not like the Genesis after a while. They have gone for delivering more on the luxury sedan than the performance sedan imo.

BTW when you go to Infiniti don't be put off by the MSRP pricing. It's new, and I know dealers who are already discounting to the same levels they would any other model.
Old 04-05-10, 05:15 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Genesis is a great car - but my sense is it will appeal to you if you are the kind of GS owner who would rather have an LS. If you are the kind of GS owner who has a GS and you don't like the LS, then you may not like the Genesis after a while. They have gone for delivering more on the luxury sedan than the performance sedan imo.
Actually I like the Genesis because it is more like the 2nd Generation GS that I had rather than the 3rd Generation GS I now own. I really really liked my 2nd Generation GS300. The Genesis felt almost identical to it!
Old 04-05-10, 06:40 PM
yogregb
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dis-missed the review,considering the source. Anyone who would own a TL would not share my views and opinions regarding automobiles. That being said , I'm curious if Cut-Throat has had the opportunity to drive the new buick lacrosse and if so, what did you think??
Old 04-05-10, 07:34 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I beg to differ, My Gs has been in the service for repairs more than my other 3 German cars combined. I have 110k miles on the A8L, and 80k on the 2006 Ml350 which was recently traded in for a newer 2010 Ml350, and 20k on the BMW coupe. The whole family drives German cars and we find them much more reliable nowadays that our previous Japanese cars from Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti. We prefer the handling characters and solidity of the German cars that tend to stay well over the years and high mileage driving as opposed to the Japanese cars. I have a 500 deposit for the upcoming 2011 BMW 535xi sedan coming this summer/fall. Its the perfect sedan. Trading in the GS too.
Old 04-05-10, 09:30 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
I have a 500 deposit for the upcoming 2011 BMW 535xi sedan coming this summer/fall. Its the perfect sedan. Trading in the GS too.

everything we used to know about cars seems to be turning over on its head.

hyundai is coming up, german cars are getting more reliable, and lexus has dropped the ball more frequently in recent years.

that said, i still wouldn't buy a first year model bmw.

Quick Reply: Have any 3GS drivers tested the M37/M56 yet?