GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Automatic door lock and unlock?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 09:01 AM
DRLC6
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic door lock and unlock?

Is there any way to program my 09 GS350 to automatically lock as I walk away from it with my FOB in my pocket.And automatically unlock as I walk up to it? Without never having to take the key fob out of my pocket. My 08 Vette is that way which I can program. Can I program my GS? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-03-10, 09:11 AM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

i know when you walk up to the car it unlocks, but dont know if you can walk away and it will auto lock, that would be nice feature.
i dont ever use the key FOB to lock i hit the little button on the door handle
Old 04-03-10, 09:47 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are you asking if the car can do it by itself? if so, then i dont think so. when i walk up to the car with the key in my pocket, the doors unlock as soon as i grab the handle. not sure it can get better than that

Originally Posted by CBRA928
i know when you walk up to the car it unlocks, but dont know if you can walk away and it will auto lock, that would be nice feature.
i dont ever use the key FOB to lock i hit the little button on the door handle
and this is what i do when i get out of the car. i would hate it if the doors locked automatcially when i walked away, but thats just me
Old 04-03-10, 12:50 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRA928
i know when you walk up to the car it unlocks,
I don't believe that's the case. It unlocks when you walk up to the car and touch the door handle (providing you have the fob on you), but not when you just walk up to the car.
Old 04-03-10, 02:20 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

No, not possible. It will only auto lock if you unlock it via the remote but never open a single door. It's a built in feature to ensure you don't get locked out or accidentally unlock the car by simply passing nearby.
Old 04-03-10, 02:26 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think...I think my '07 GS350 automatically locks after 30 minutes (of walking away from the car).
Old 04-03-10, 04:34 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushwack
I think...I think my '07 GS350 automatically locks after 30 minutes (of walking away from the car).
it should not
Old 04-03-10, 05:07 PM
DRLC6
Rookie

Thanks for the info. My Vette will l unlock as I walk up to the car and lock as I exit the car. It will not lock if the fob is in the car unless you are in gear driving. I really love the this GS. I had one back in 06 and the new or updated engine 303 hp really makes a difference. now time to start adding wheels and tires.
Old 04-04-10, 06:18 AM
DWNYC
Rookie

here's something interesting. After skiing, I went to open my trunk, key fob in jacket, and changed boots etc and threw my jacket in the trunk. When I closed the trunk, I realized the key fob was locked in the trunk. No big deal I thought since the doors should unlock when I touch the handle. Nothing happened so I was locked out. Good thing my mechanical key attached to my house keys were back at the house and didn't need to call AAA. I wonder if the key is low on batteries or if the unlock sensors only work if the key fob is near the door. I just assumed that as long as the key fob was within a perimeter of x feet that it would work.
Old 04-04-10, 07:43 AM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DWNYC
here's something interesting. After skiing, I went to open my trunk, key fob in jacket, and changed boots etc and threw my jacket in the trunk. When I closed the trunk, I realized the key fob was locked in the trunk. No big deal I thought since the doors should unlock when I touch the handle. Nothing happened so I was locked out. Good thing my mechanical key attached to my house keys were back at the house and didn't need to call AAA. I wonder if the key is low on batteries or if the unlock sensors only work if the key fob is near the door. I just assumed that as long as the key fob was within a perimeter of x feet that it would work.
From my experience, the fob must be within 1-2 feet of the door handle in order for it to ubnlock. The same is true for the trunk. Have you tried opening the trunk by pushing up that rubber pad next to the license plate light? That should have worked, because the fob was close enough to the trunk opener.
Old 04-04-10, 04:07 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The corvette system and the lexus system are both denso. I wonder if there is a way to unlock this feature.
Old 04-04-10, 05:38 PM
DWNYC
Rookie

Originally Posted by arnieosp
From my experience, the fob must be within 1-2 feet of the door handle in order for it to ubnlock. The same is true for the trunk. Have you tried opening the trunk by pushing up that rubber pad next to the license plate light? That should have worked, because the fob was close enough to the trunk opener.
trust me, i touched every button on the car. the jacket was just in the trunk with the key so go figure. i'll ask lexus next time i'm there.
Old 04-04-10, 05:51 PM
yogregb
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should not operate like that! If your fob is in the trunk and you try to lock it, it should give off a long beep tone and NOT LOCK YOU OUT!
Old 10-30-21, 01:31 AM
dukeola
Driver School Candidate

My Lexus ES350 auto locked while my smart key is still inside. Any ideas on how to unlock the car?
Old 10-30-21, 11:14 PM
CowBoE
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dukeola
My Lexus ES350 auto locked while my smart key is still inside. Any ideas on how to unlock the car?
For GS, if the smart key is nearby, the sensor on the inner side of the door handle will allow you to unlock and open the door.
Isn't there a similar way to open the ES door without actually using the keyfob?

Quick Reply: Automatic door lock and unlock?