GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Need New Rotors (2007 GS350AWD)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-10, 08:53 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Also if u can tell me how much were the front 2 rotors?
i will most likely post a write-up depending how much time i have the day i install them and i will give a thorough write up. the front rotors were $320 but 10% off and free shipping. i will ke you all posted
Old 04-06-10, 05:41 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't all of the slots and holes in rotors basically amount to ricer-like placebo effects? I kind of think they look silly on cars that aren't exotics. Sort of like big wings on civics and celicas.
Old 04-07-10, 05:59 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone with autoanything.com and they said they have no slotted or drilled rotor's for the front for a gs350 awd 2007 only plain replacement rotors. i am not sure how u guys got them but he confirmed with more then one person that they don't have them at all. Meaning not in stock nor special order major companies dont make them for AWD. I am hoping u guys have RWD and if u dont save you're self a hassle and ship it back once recieved. Now some how if a miracle happens and they fit and you will tighten the wheels back on and the wheels will move the way its needed please let me know. Because when i got the rotors it was for the RWD, basiclly the rotors sits right on the hud which cause the rotors no to move especially after you screw in the wheel's. Thus cause's to wheel movement because it is sitting on a hub. Here is a link to my rotor comparison picture's http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/z...rake%20rotors/ So if by any chance you're rotors dont have that cut on the outside ring for the HUB it will not work.
Old 04-08-10, 08:05 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

I just got off the phone with autoanything.com and they said they have no slotted or drilled rotor's for the front for a gs350 awd 2007 only plain replacement rotors. i am not sure how u guys got them but he confirmed with more then one person that they don't have them at all. Meaning not in stock nor special order major companies dont make them for AWD. I am hoping u guys have RWD and if u dont save you're self a hassle and ship it back once recieved. Now some how if a miracle happens and they fit and you will tighten the wheels back on and the wheels will move the way its needed please let me know. Because when i got the rotors it was for the RWD, basiclly the rotors sits right on the hud which cause the rotors no to move especially after you screw in the wheel's. Thus cause's to wheel movement because it is sitting on a hub. Here is a link to my rotor comparison picture's http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/z...rake%20rotors/ So if by any chance you're rotors dont have that cut on the outside ring for the HUB it will not work.

so this is very concerning to me because i spoke to Jon (from AutoAnything) and he confirmed that these rotors will in fact fit my car, but i am not really sure what you are talking about. i looked at your pics and cannot really see what it is that i need to look for to determine if they will fit. can you please explain in a little more detail (if possible). and i just noticed my links dont work, but here are the links for the rotors from AutoAnything that supposedly fit AWD cars (like mine). you will need to copy and paste the links as i do not think clicking on them will work

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3068A0A0.aspx

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3865A0A0.aspx

i will not be happy at all if the ones i am waiting for do not fit...

Last edited by varcity64; 04-08-10 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 10:44 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

K lets try this link http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=Photo087.jpg Looks at the inside of the rotor, Stock is more cut inside to a point where you have room for a hub. AWD models have bigger hubs compared to RWD. When you mount a rotor from a RWD it gets stuck to the hub which doesn't let it move. Reason is because there is not enough clearance between rotor and hub. Let me know if the link works! Once you will see comparing pics that i have posted in the link you should be able to understand.

Last edited by GS350Lexus; 04-08-10 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 10:49 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

If you need further explaination let me know!
Old 04-09-10, 05:00 PM
ES300SD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man! I spoke to a live person there also, I also asked for confirmation if they would work on AWD....not happy if this is the case...

I recieved my pad's today but not rotors.
Old 04-12-10, 07:42 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

K lets try this link http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=Photo087.jpg Looks at the inside of the rotor, Stock is more cut inside to a point where you have room for a hub. AWD models have bigger hubs compared to RWD. When you mount a rotor from a RWD it gets stuck to the hub which doesn't let it move. Reason is because there is not enough clearance between rotor and hub. Let me know if the link works! Once you will see comparing pics that i have posted in the link you should be able to understand.
i think i got it now. there is more "clearance" inside the hub of the rotor for an AWD vs RWD, right? if i measured the distances, and they are the same depth and width, would i be good to go?

Originally Posted by ES300SD
Man! I spoke to a live person there also, I also asked for confirmation if they would work on AWD....not happy if this is the case...

I recieved my pad's today but not rotors.
dont be discouraged by this. i got my pads last week also and the rotors are scheduled to arrive today. reason is, autoanything stocks the brakes, but not the rotors.
Old 04-12-10, 08:58 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to EBC's own website, they do not make the rotors you want (sport rotors which are drilled/slotted) for the AWD. They only make them for the rear. So one would have to question AutoAnything as to the accuracy of them saying the rotor will work, let alone sell them as if they will work.

Last edited by MadDawg350; 04-12-10 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-12-10, 09:39 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Yeah the website doesn't even acknowledge the existence of AWD.
Old 04-12-10, 10:54 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Yeah the website doesn't even acknowledge the existence of AWD.

Check again for they do. As stated in my previous post, they make the sport rotors for the AWD GS, but only for the rear. Not the front as GS350Lexus is needing.
Old 04-12-10, 11:34 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

UPDATE:

Based on discussion in this thread, i decided to call AutoAnything to verify whether or not the Front Rotors would actually fit our cars (2007 GS350AWD). after being on hold for about 10 mins while AutoAnything reached out to EBC directly, it has been confirmed that the front rotors WILL NOT FIT. i am beyond upset and pissed at this point as i just wasted a week and a half waiting for an item i needed 2 weeks ago. the only good thing is that i do not have to pay to ship this back and will be credited (back to my credit card) for this.Thanks to everyone for chiming in (especially GS350Lexus)
Old 04-12-10, 05:16 PM
ES300SD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also called today, spoke with a rep who then called EBC to verify that the rotors will not work. Will now be returned back to shipper .
Old 04-13-10, 07:33 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MadDawg350
Check again for they do. As stated in my previous post, they make the sport rotors for the AWD GS, but only for the rear. Not the front as GS350Lexus is needing.
Actually, no, you need to check again. It only lists RWD under GS350. And that's after they have fixed it. When this post originally went up, they listed "All models" under GS350.

They "make" the rear sport rotors for the AWD GS because the rear ones are the same on both RWD and AWD. It's not that they specifically made just the rears for the AWD but it's because the rear from the RWD fits AWD.
Old 04-13-10, 10:06 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by varcity64
UPDATE:

Based on discussion in this thread, i decided to call AutoAnything to verify whether or not the Front Rotors would actually fit our cars (2007 GS350AWD). after being on hold for about 10 mins while AutoAnything reached out to EBC directly, it has been confirmed that the front rotors WILL NOT FIT. i am beyond upset and pissed at this point as i just wasted a week and a half waiting for an item i needed 2 weeks ago. the only good thing is that i do not have to pay to ship this back and will be credited (back to my credit card) for this.Thanks to everyone for chiming in (especially GS350Lexus)
Sorry for the disapointment but i wen't throught it myself. I didn't get credit back because the guy stop answering my phone so i had to setup a claim throught my credit card. Back and forth i got my money 3 months later. So yes all our AWD we don't have any drilled slotted front rotors for our cars. Which is a disapointment but i think if they would make them it would be a safety issue, there is really no room to cut for hub fitment. (anytime Varcity64 i hope you get you're money back soon) What i did think of is, maybe buy brand new rotors from lexus and ship them to a rotor place for them to drill it atleast. Now i haven't got anyone to do it yet with but i am considering this.

Quick Reply: Need New Rotors (2007 GS350AWD)