Turning off auto door lock and unlock? - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

     
Old 01-07-15, 12:53 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
 
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Turning off auto door lock and unlock?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-10, 04:14 PM   #16
villemus
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: AUS
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaclub923 View Post
006. Automatic Door Locking and Unlocking

1) Close all doors and turn ACC on
2) Within 10 seconds, shift the gear to P or N, and press and HOLD Door Lock, or Door Unlock
3) The car will auto lock and unlock to inform you the setting is memorized.
Corresponding Settings
When stay shift at P, door automatically lock when shifting gears. (Press Lock to enable, unlock to disable)
When shift to N, door automatically lock by speed-linked. (Press Lock to enable, unlock to disable)
just to confirm this didn't work for me, and it's not in my manual.

Nov 2005 - GS430
villemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 04:30 PM   #17
ivanz
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 504
Default

^^ Did you put your car in IG-ON and not ACC mode? The first step is wrong.
ivanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 05:23 PM   #18
villemus
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: AUS
Posts: 17
Default

i tried both IG-ON & ACC.

(in ACC, you can't really put the gears to N).

the procedure is not in my Manual...
villemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 07:17 PM   #19
scokill
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaclub923 View Post
006. Automatic Door Locking and Unlocking

1) Close all doors and turn ACC on
2) Within 10 seconds, shift the gear to P or N, and press and HOLD Door Lock, or Door Unlock
3) The car will auto lock and unlock to inform you the setting is memorized.
Corresponding Settings
When stay shift at P, door automatically lock when shifting gears. (Press Lock to enable, unlock to disable)
When shift to N, door automatically lock by speed-linked. (Press Lock to enable, unlock to disable)
This is old thread, but I have 2003 ES300 and read the manual and read this thread. After trying many, many times it wouldn't work. I tried holding a little longer, but never shorter. The manual says hold 5 seconds and of course it didn't work each time by my count. My last ditch effort was to count to thousand one, etc, etc. and I let up the switch on 4 instead of 5 and low and behold it worked. Lock and unlock to confirm, done. It is obviously very sensitive to hold time. I also had the key in the on position, not acc, although it might work in acc. Hopefully this might help someone out if they try and it doesn't work.
scokill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 11:14 AM   #20
designo
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
designo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 2,197
Default

Guys, can you check something for me please?

While the car is running and keyfob in your pocket, open the driver door and get out.
Close the door

You should hear 3 beeps

Try opening all the other doors, will the comfort access detect?

I tried and it won't unlock! Is this normal?
designo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 06:32 AM   #21
jamodeo
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hinsdale, Illinois
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by designo View Post
Guys, can you check something for me please?

While the car is running and keyfob in your pocket, open the driver door and get out.
Close the door

You should hear 3 beeps

Try opening all the other doors, will the comfort access detect?

I tried and it won't unlock! Is this normal?
I believe the only thing that will open with the fob in your pocket is the trunk while the engine is running. Nothing else responds (no unlock, or even lock) while the engine is on, you have to use the physical key inside the fob to unlock or lock the car while it is on.

I will confirm at lunch when I go out to my car.

-Joe
jamodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 07:17 AM   #22
spurg
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ca
Posts: 2
Default worked on 2004 rx330

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokill View Post
This is old thread, but I have 2003 ES300 and read the manual and read this thread. After trying many, many times it wouldn't work. I tried holding a little longer, but never shorter. The manual says hold 5 seconds and of course it didn't work each time by my count. My last ditch effort was to count to thousand one, etc, etc. and I let up the switch on 4 instead of 5 and low and behold it worked. Lock and unlock to confirm, done. It is obviously very sensitive to hold time. I also had the key in the on position, not acc, although it might work in acc. Hopefully this might help someone out if they try and it doesn't work.
Thank you. It didnt work fo me at first. Then when I counted slowly to 4 and released it confirmed!

so this did work on my older rx330.
spurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 05:57 AM   #23
emg2919
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 69
Default

This did not work for me.

I closed all doors, put it to ON position, moved transmission lever from P to N, then held down the unlock button for 5 seconds, using a one-mississippi count.

2002, SC430.
emg2919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 01:30 PM   #24
smithalexu
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1
Default

Hi, I recently bought a lexus gs 300.when we bought it,the doors locked and unlocked with the remote.But I think we pressed door unlock or something on the door.Now we have to manually close all the doors.
Is there any way to reset the door locking mechanism?
I want to be able to lock and unlock the doors with the remote
smithalexu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your (LPS) Lexus Personalized Settings? Batmobile IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 45 07-01-16 10:31 AM
B2795 unregistered key code issue when doing the GS300 to 2jzgte swap vijayn GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 0 11-18-15 06:40 PM
Sick of that reverse beep? Disable it with Carista for iPhone (yes, just released!) Carista Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace 34 10-15-15 05:57 AM
Auto headlights not turning off. jaa228 ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 15 03-17-15 06:11 PM
Programming 2008 RX350 Remote Bowlth RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 9 01-15-15 11:10 AM


Tags
auto, autolocking, automatically, disabling, doesnt, dont, door, engine, es330, gs300, lexus, lock, problems, rx350, turn, unlock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved