GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Sold the GS and replaced it with........

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 05:57 PM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sold the GS and replaced it with........

My '06 gs430 has been sold. Loved every second of the 3gs! By far my favorite of all the gs's Ive owned. I will miss the car greatly!

For now I wanted a change and well ill let the pics do the talking .......

Whats that next to the lex?
(sorry it started raining)

Lets turn the lights on and have a better look

OHHH YEEEAAAHHH!!!

I thought this one looked kinda cool...Yes I know, Im terrible at photography

OK last one...

Thanks club lexus! This is an awesome forum! Ill be back when the new gs body style comes out...if I like it as much as the previous one's that is
Old 01-27-10, 05:59 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good luck with that trade.
Old 01-27-10, 06:00 PM
R.DUB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess you like the fast rides, eh?!

Nice ride.

Great to see the US mfrs come out with cool cars like yours lately. Hope you enjoy and get back on the boards ASAP!
Old 01-27-10, 06:01 PM
R.DUB
Driver

PS- My Nav is faster than your Caddy's Nav!
Old 01-27-10, 06:04 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

awesome cadi , enjoy it
Old 01-27-10, 07:05 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man why everybody leaving??
Old 01-27-10, 07:29 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice. Have fun with it
Old 01-27-10, 07:58 PM
sonikbo0m
Driver

That's one nice ride. I was actually thinking of getting into one myself. How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. And can you give me a comparison of the two when you settled in with the Caddy?
Old 01-27-10, 08:01 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Have they improved the interiors much in the last few years on the CTS? I know somebody who drives an 05 and the interior is pretty bad.
Old 01-27-10, 08:03 PM
llay25
Driver School Candidate

Sweet ride, i saw one on the road once and wanted one too. what kind of fogs do u have? i was looking for 3k fogs, are they hid or halogen?
Old 01-27-10, 09:09 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great looking CTS-V.. Since you like fast cars i see a GS-F in the near future LOL...
Old 01-27-10, 09:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

That CTS is bad ***. There is a guy up the street who floors it up the hill outside of my neighborhood and it sound like thunder at full throttle. I would seriously consider the CTSV if I was buying right now (and I hate American cars). Its one hell of a machine and something that you will remember for a long time. Drive it like you stole it. Beat the crap out of it while gas is still cheap.

I love the grille, the power, the interior, and the price . Let us know how she does in the long run. Take care buddy
Old 01-27-10, 09:17 PM
timtem
Pole Position

congrats on the new ride. looks really nice
Old 01-27-10, 09:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The grille look amazing
Old 01-28-10, 11:39 AM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Ive had several members ask me comparison questions between the '06 gs430and the '10 cts-v. Keep in mind that these two cars are completely different animals other than the fact they are both sedans but here's a list of my initial impressions:

-First the obvious..the diference in power between the V and the gs is night and day! The V pulls for days, seems like it never ends and if you turn the traction control off, forget about it! I already put a new tuned ecu in and had it dyno'd and it made 540rwhp! These cars are so detuned from the factory. I knew the tune was a must after rading how much it wakes up the car when other owners did it! Im also ordering a corsa exhaust system for it next week!

-Driving in general is a completely different experience. Everything from the steering to the braking, the handling and of course accelerating but again this car was built to be the top performance sedan in the world while the lexus is a luxury car that is pretty sporty too. The two companies had totally different priorities.

-As far as the interior, the most noticeble to me is how much tighter the caddy feels, granted it is brand new but that was my biggest complaint with the gs. Just the way it felt over bumps and all the squeaks and rattles. This car has none of that. The interior of the V is also alot more updated looking imo. I got the Recaro seat option and those things are like 30 way adjustable. They are race style seats but still very comfortable. The touch screen is large and bright. It can be used for the ac, stereo ect when down but comes up out of the dash when using the nav or watching movies. Nav and dvd hack is on the way The back seat and headroom are about the same as the gs. The other thing I love about the V (pretty sure the newer gs's have this) is the aux and usb input. The storage is great and I love being able to upload media.

-Exterior wise the differences are pretty clear. The V is a lot more edgy and aggressive looking than the gs. The gs blends in with the many other cars on the road today which I liked but was looking for something different this time around. I will say, I still havent gotten used to the rear of the cts-v. It just seems too high to me. I wish they would lower the rear valance just a tad. I plan on helping this by adding some lowering springs. The thing is the aftermarket parts available for these cars are limited bc its too new but more and more parts are being released so In the mean time I get on the forums and do my research. Oh yeah, one more thing I will add about the V is how much more the lights move side-to-side and up-and-down. My gs's do move but its not really noticeable. Everyone that rides in the V at night says something about how crazy the headlights are.

Im sure Im forgetting a lot! Feel free to ask me any specific questions you might have and I will do my best to answer them. I was looking at e60 m5's and e55 mercs also and Im so happy I went with the V. Finally the US built something that not only competes with but imo surpasses the competition!

As a final note I must say the 3gs is a GREAT car. As far as mid sized sedans go (everyday sedans I mean, not v's, m's and amg's ), imo the gs is the king. Of all the cars Ive owned that are comparable to the gs, including the 5 series and e-class, the gs wins. When looking at all aspects- style, performance, reliability, value, fuel economy, features ect, you cant beat it!

Quick Reply: Sold the GS and replaced it with........