GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Need some help LOST HERE GS350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-09, 08:10 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Need some help LOST HERE GS350 AWD

Hello I have purchased 2007 GS350 awd with navy and assuming ML.
I have few questions....

I checked on the lexus website and seen when you get a navigation you also get Mark Levinson with it. Now in my car it says "Lexus premuim sound system". I also have a friend that owns a 2009 GS350 awd with navy and ML, and on his car also says lexus premium sound system. I asked him how do you know if u got ML with it he answered that he told them fully loaded and that some booklet in glove compartment says mark levinson. Where and how can i check to see if i got mark levinson?

Next question i looked around and i can't find a Auxilary hole? is there a possible way it doesn't come with it?

I was messing with the gauge dimmer and on my steering controls it wen't very dim i can't make it brighter im confused?

How does AFS work I was in parking had a friend turn the steering wheel and didn't notice the headlights or the projectors moving also put it in D and tried it but i didn't notice it.( i made sure the AFS light on the dash didnt light up because that would make it OFF)

Now i also noticed when using Handsfree system that some speaker under the steering wheel only works which is weird i thought it would be all the speakers i messed with the menu but no luck there.

I also counted the speakers and it came down to 10 speakers 3 on the front dash 2 on front doors 2 tweaters on the back door and also 2 speakers on the back doors and 1 sub? someone with a ML please chime in and let me know where all the supposebly ML speakers located pictures would be even better.

Does the AWD lexus system work just like the acura and a infiniti one? which transfer not only front to back and back to front but also left to right and right to left?

I also have tried putting a dvd into the CD player and it didn't work then i tried to put it in to the navy cd slot it said not recognized i think i read somewhere on the forum u need mark levinson to have it work?

My car is equipped with parking sensors. back spoiler, ventilated seats. I don't think the previous owner would get all that but not Mark Levinson.

It also has 41,000 miles with black leather never been in an accident i checked it with a paint meter. Now i am thinking about getting extended warranty for the car i wen't down to lexus dealership and asked them how much would it be. They told me it would be $3200 plus tax, now i read on this forum about this toyota guy u gotta call and find out whats his quote. My question here is does the powertrain warranty also get extended or no?

Finally i think my last question is does GS350 have a timing chain or a belt?

Well thanks a lot in advance to everyone for reading and to whoever replie's.

(i have tried searching the forums for most of my answers but had to luck with it)
OH BTW happy memorial day to fellow forum'ers
Old 09-06-09, 09:10 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should try searching again, but maybe this time individual questions.
Old 09-06-09, 10:26 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! Lots of questions here.

You don not have ML. If you did, you'd know by the words 'Mark Levinson' written near the CD slot. It would have also played the DVD that you inserted. Plenty of 'loaded' GS' with all the options you mentioned come w/out ML.

AFS only works at speeds greater than X mph. I don't know the number off the top o my head but your question can be answere by doing some reading of the owners manual.

Handsfree only works on the front left speakers. This is normal.

As EK9 stated, you should do more searching. There's a ton of info on this board.
Old 09-06-09, 10:45 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Hello I have purchased 2007 GS350 awd with navy and assuming ML.
I have few questions....

I checked on the lexus website and seen when you get a navigation you also get Mark Levinson with it. Now in my car it says "Lexus premuim sound system". I also have a friend that owns a 2009 GS350 awd with navy and ML, and on his car also says lexus premium sound system. I asked him how do you know if u got ML with it he answered that he told them fully loaded and that some booklet in glove compartment says mark levinson. Where and how can i check to see if i got mark levinson?
your car doesn't have ML audio, it is only lexus premium sound system as you stated. if it was ML audio, it would say that on your radio.

How does AFS work I was in parking had a friend turn the steering wheel and didn't notice the headlights or the projectors moving also put it in D and tried it but i didn't notice it.( i made sure the AFS light on the dash didnt light up because that would make it OFF)
AFS light on the dash light up means its on. if the AFS light is turned off, you turned off the AFS. another check: when you turn on your ignition (ie: start your car), you will notice your headlights moving up/down, side to side (or some variation of that). if you see that, AFS is working.

I also counted the speakers and it came down to 10 speakers 3 on the front dash 2 on front doors 2 tweaters on the back door and also 2 speakers on the back doors and 1 sub? someone with a ML please chime in and let me know where all the supposebly ML speakers located pictures would be even better.
you don't have ML, so you don't get 14 ML speakers. lexus premium audio only comes with 10 speakers, so you counted correctly.

I also have tried putting a dvd into the CD player and it didn't work then i tried to put it in to the navy cd slot it said not recognized i think i read somewhere on the forum u need mark levinson to have it work?
only ML audio comes with a DVD changer; since you don't have ML audio, you can't play DVD. the navi CD slot only reads navi CDs.

My car is equipped with parking sensors. back spoiler, ventilated seats. I don't think the previous owner would get all that but not Mark Levinson.
not all GS comes with ML audio

Finally i think my last question is does GS350 have a timing chain or a belt?
our GS comes with timing chain
Old 09-06-09, 11:21 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TWong1200
Wow! Lots of questions here.

You don not have ML. If you did, you'd know by the words 'Mark Levinson' written near the CD slot. It would have also played the DVD that you inserted. Plenty of 'loaded' GS' with all the options you mentioned come w/out ML.

AFS only works at speeds greater than X mph. I don't know the number off the top o my head but your question can be answere by doing some reading of the owners manual.

Handsfree only works on the front left speakers. This is normal.

As EK9 stated, you should do more searching. There's a ton of info on this board.
Thanks you
Old 09-06-09, 11:22 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stormforge
your car doesn't have ML audio, it is only lexus premium sound system as you stated. if it was ML audio, it would say that on your radio.

AFS light on the dash light up means its on. if the AFS light is turned off, you turned off the AFS. another check: when you turn on your ignition (ie: start your car), you will notice your headlights moving up/down, side to side (or some variation of that). if you see that, AFS is working.

you don't have ML, so you don't get 14 ML speakers. lexus premium audio only comes with 10 speakers, so you counted correctly.

only ML audio comes with a DVD changer; since you don't have ML audio, you can't play DVD. the navi CD slot only reads navi CDs.

not all GS comes with ML audio

our GS comes with timing chain
Thanks a lot really appreciate it. Would you by any chance know if you can adjust the light output on the steering wheel button because i dimmed them and have no clue how to get it back to bright?
Old 09-06-09, 11:23 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

and also what's with the auxilary do we have it? or should i ask if i have it? I checked under the elbow rest and no luck where else can it be located i mean i have a 2008 tsx and it has it so i would definatly assume that a GS350 basiclly fully loaded should also have it.
Old 09-07-09, 01:10 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

You don't have it. IT CAME IN THE 2008+
Old 09-07-09, 03:28 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
You don't have it. IT CAME IN THE 2008+
Thank's Upscale luxury so called car with no AUX epic fail here lexus
Old 09-07-09, 03:55 AM
Jasonx82
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Thank's Upscale luxury so called car with no AUX epic fail here lexus
get an ipod integration!!

Best investment!!
Old 09-07-09, 04:13 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jasonx82
get an ipod integration!!

Best investment!!
What is that? is it hard to install? got a link or a pic?
Old 09-07-09, 05:33 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ http://www.vaistech.com/products/home.php
Old 09-07-09, 05:39 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow yeah you're lost. Most of the questions are answered I believe. The lights are just dim.

Good luck and read the manual.
Old 09-07-09, 05:35 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Wow yeah you're lost. Most of the questions are answered I believe. The lights are just dim.

Best advice I've heard from anyone. Why don't people do this?
Old 09-08-09, 12:16 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Yang1815

""I was messing with the gauge dimmer and on my steering controls it wen't very dim i can't make it brighter im confused?""

So as i stated above i was messing with the gauge dimmer and my steering wheel lights wen't dimmer. Its dim to a point i can't see the little picture of the telephone or the volume etc etc its EXTREMELY DIM. About the Owner's manual i don't have it ok maybe ya'll can ask if i have it instead of telling to do something that can't really be done i think that should be obvious

Quick Reply: Need some help LOST HERE GS350 AWD