GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

No more TPMS warning light - Reset to lower Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-16, 07:32 AM
praveen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had tire pressure light blink and then stay on on my lexus gs450h 2009. Tried all resets, increasing pressure, etc no luck. Then hooked up a scanner and it said error due to power interruption when i removed the car battery. Reset the fault on the scanner and no more TPMS light.
Old 08-27-18, 11:12 AM
danotheman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And this is why I love this forum. I read that the reset would take effect immediately. So, I screwed with it all weekend and never gave it 20 minutes. After reading this post, I gave followed the same procedure but sat in for 20 minutes with the a/c blowing iced cold. About 15 minutes in, off go the lights. I was just about to drive to the indy shop and pay them $125 to diagnose. Thanks much.
Old 04-13-19, 11:52 AM
Rubis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just bought new tires and rims for the summer and didn't even know my car had TPMS. After a few days the check system with the "flat tire" symbol show up. I believe the new tires/rims don't even have sensors on them. Can I turn off TPMS completely or what would you suggest? Thanks!
Old 04-15-19, 06:07 PM
lectric74
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubis
So I just bought new tires and rims for the summer and didn't even know my car had TPMS. After a few days the check system with the "flat tire" symbol show up. I believe the new tires/rims don't even have sensors on them. Can I turn off TPMS completely or what would you suggest? Thanks!
They have sensors in them or the light would have come on immediately after the tires were installed. Most shops will switch the sensors from the old wheels to the new wheels, since the light didn't show up until a few days after, you have a tire low and do have sensors. That being said, and to answer your question, there is no easy, effective way to disable the TPMS system, it is required in a lot of countries and manufacturers do not have any type of defeat system for this.

Edit: unless the other tires/rims were stored in the trunk, which could be picked up by the car's sensors, and you finally took them out. But, regardless if this is the case, there isn't a way to disable the system. However, if there weren't sensors detected, the light would flash not be steady.
Old 04-17-19, 06:19 AM
Rubis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lectric74
They have sensors in them or the light would have come on immediately after the tires were installed. Most shops will switch the sensors from the old wheels to the new wheels, since the light didn't show up until a few days after, you have a tire low and do have sensors. That being said, and to answer your question, there is no easy, effective way to disable the TPMS system, it is required in a lot of countries and manufacturers do not have any type of defeat system for this.

Edit: unless the other tires/rims were stored in the trunk, which could be picked up by the car's sensors, and you finally took them out. But, regardless if this is the case, there isn't a way to disable the system. However, if there weren't sensors detected, the light would flash not be steady.
Thank you for answering. So if there are no sensors nearby the light would start to flash? That's good to know since the light is indeed steady. It's 100% sure the new wheels don't have any sensors in them. The only possible sensor would be the one in the spare tire and I doubt it's losing pressure now when the weather is getting warmer quite fast. None of the new tires are low either. The car has not been in contact with both tire sets at the same time.

If we assume that the spare has enough air in it what are the options? To get sensors for the new wheels at a terrible price. Anything else?
Old 04-17-19, 12:21 PM
lectric74
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The light should flash if there is a malfunction, but may not if the sensors are just missing. It's still odd that it didn't happen right away, typically each startup has a test for the sensors and not detecting all of them should have thrown a light immediately if the tires were not in the trunk of the car. The only way to eliminate the light is to have a new set of sensors installed and programmed. There is a button to allow two different sets of sensors and pressures, it is under the glove compartment pointed at the floor in mine. If you plan to use both tire sets, have them set the button to the secondary position before programming to allow a single button press to swap tires/pressure.