GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 08:37 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a performance item, not something to make more noise. Ricers.
Old 08-05-09, 09:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
this is hilarious. "dealer installed" air intake?

i can hear it now...."excuse me? do you have any F-Sport valve caps for my wheels?? or what about F-Sport light bulbs?? F-Sport!......F-Sport.....F-Sport!!!"

i agree with k.w.c., complete waste of money! IMHO

You are a mechanic arent you??? Mechanics do that kind of work not doctors usually, so I would say the right guy with the right skills did the job I would bet there are many other things I do in my field a million times better than a mechanic would. I bet you most of us who are not mechanics are actually having our parts installed by... get this.... mechanics ( insanity). My time is worth to much to me ( and my patients) to not pay the 90 dollars and have the thing installed in a small amount of time by a mechanic when doing my routine service than to sit over a motor and take probably close to 2 hours to do the same work to save 90 dollars?? Thats just being cheap IMHO,and kind of irrational assuming your time is worth as much as mine .

I have the sway bars because there are no options and the intake was on sale and could be done with my needed oil change so chill out. If I was you I would at least look into the sway bars.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-05-09 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-05-09, 10:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by -the.k.w.c
ok 1st why the heck would you have the worlds easiest car mod done by a dealer when all it takes is 5 min and a 10mm ratchet. 2nd what did you expect...?????? its a closed off intake( like stock) with a blue filter and smooth pipe with a logo.....some of those f-sport items are just a money grab im not sorry at all that you got hosed

who is asking for pity?? I am just giving a heads up to the rest of the crew.

As far as why didnt I do the intake, read the last message to the last member who asked the same question
Old 08-05-09, 10:13 PM
joshuajj
Driver

I agree with k.w.c. Also, why don't you just drill holes in the bottom of your airbox then.
Old 08-05-09, 10:17 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joshuajj
I agree with k.w.c. Also, why don't you just drill holes in the bottom of your airbox then.

well, I8ABMR is not an orthopedic or general surgeon. So he doesn't know how to cut or drill holes.
Old 08-05-09, 10:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

After 9 years in school I think I might be able to handle cutting a hole or drilling if Dunnojack can give me some pointers since he drives an ES and does insane mods all of the time to his time attack machine . LMAO\

I am just not the type who does work under the hood. I would rather leave that to a trained tech who can do it accurately and efficiently. I am a detail guy not a grease under the nails guy. We all get satisfaction from doing things to our cars. For me its putting a nice coat of polish or wax and making the car shine. I do that better than most
Attached Thumbnails WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all-img_0081.jpg   WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all-img_0080.jpg   WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all-img_0077.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-05-09 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-05-09, 10:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Its a performance item, not something to make more noise. Ricers.
Ricer??? LOL . I am not a kid driving a slammed civic with a can exhaust. Number one I know this is not a real performance mod and I hope you do as well. This is to give the car a slightly more aggressive sound ( It didn't though). Number two please refrain from insults in the future. Thanks buddy
Old 08-05-09, 11:11 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't understand why some here are slamming or giving I8ABMR a hard time about posting his experience with this mod or why He didn't do it himself. Layoff, some people prefer to do their own installs, that is their prerogative and some don't again their prerogative. Why should it bother you because someone chooses to pay for what you consider a simple install. I for one am glad to know that the F-Sport intake is not worth installing because I8 was willing to post his experience about it. I can now save that money for something else, Thank you I8ABMR!

Flame me if you want, but I didn't find anything constructive about some of the posts listed here. This forum is to be informative and helpful.

I will now step off my soap box
Old 08-06-09, 12:08 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Ricer??? LOL . I am not a kid driving a slammed civic with a can exhaust. Number one I know this is not a real performance mod and I hope you do as well. This is to give the car a slightly more aggressive sound ( It didn't though). Number two please refrain from insults in the future. Thanks buddy
Don't take it too hard, the other forums I go on people are much worse. Its all in good fun, sometimes I just feel like pushing buttons.

I guess I'm on of those people who drove around in a slammed civic with a fart can. Well Greddy SP system and blah blah blah but I don't wanna go that far back. IMO the GS is pretty quick, good enough for the level its at. I barely nail it in my car anymore, but if I was still into the power and performance aspects I would probably buy an IS-F. Well worth the money and time to mod it or even a GS460, on your budget that shouldn't bother you. I'm just one of those small timers that do my own work on my cars and work a 9-5, nothing special.
Old 08-06-09, 04:24 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tough crowd in here.

The sound IMO is because it doesn't have that lower box like the IS or ISF does. This car also is pretty quiet in side period. You can hear my exhaust more outside then inside the car. On my car when I had that SRT on for a day that was loud but it didnt work unless I did a custom tune on the car and it would have been more sound then anything else.

The K&N or Injen type will get you a little more sound with the style of the intake if that is what you are looking for.

Its too bad Lexus didnt get us a new lower air box also.
Old 08-06-09, 07:01 AM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Ricer??? LOL . I am not a kid driving a slammed civic with a can exhaust. Number one I know this is not a real performance mod and I hope you do as well. This is to give the car a slightly more aggressive sound ( It didn't though). Number two please refrain from insults in the future. Thanks buddy"

I agree with you on the + side of the sound a intake will make, And the performance value.

"You are a mechanic arent you??? Mechanics do that kind of work not doctors usually, so I would say the right guy with the right skills did the job I would bet there are many other things I do in my field a million times better than a mechanic would. I bet you most of us who are not mechanics are actually having our parts installed by... get this.... mechanics ( insanity). My time is worth to much to me ( and my patients) to not pay the 90 dollars and have the thing installed in a small amount of time by a mechanic when doing my routine service than to sit over a motor and take probably close to 2 hours to do the same work to save 90 dollars?? Thats just being cheap IMHO,and kind of irrational assuming your time is worth as much as mine .

I have the sway bars because there are no options and the intake was on sale and could be done with my needed oil change so chill out. If I was you I would at least look into the sway bars."

I get what your saying but see what im saying....any physic patient with a attention span of 3 min and 1 good hand not holding a needle could bolt up a intake. Every time you do work your self (on a car, house or yard) you get a feeling of accomplishment and get to see a finished product. I built a fully race ready from the ground up 98 nissan 240sx with no mechanical education all i used is the info i found online or figured out the rest on my own. Im not saying a 07+ lexus is easy to mess with but try doing something on your own when u get off work and have a hour in between two and a half men episodes.
Old 08-06-09, 09:22 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

damn all he sayin is intake isnt makin enough noise..
Old 08-06-09, 11:59 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lims407
damn all he sayin is intake isnt makin enough noise..
Seriously, tough crowd! Haha, on a side note did you atleast notice an increase in throttle response?
Old 08-06-09, 12:33 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by -the.k.w.c
"Ricer??? LOL . I am not a kid driving a slammed civic with a can exhaust. Number one I know this is not a real performance mod and I hope you do as well. This is to give the car a slightly more aggressive sound ( It didn't though). Number two please refrain from insults in the future. Thanks buddy"

I agree with you on the + side of the sound a intake will make, And the performance value.

"You are a mechanic arent you??? Mechanics do that kind of work not doctors usually, so I would say the right guy with the right skills did the job I would bet there are many other things I do in my field a million times better than a mechanic would. I bet you most of us who are not mechanics are actually having our parts installed by... get this.... mechanics ( insanity). My time is worth to much to me ( and my patients) to not pay the 90 dollars and have the thing installed in a small amount of time by a mechanic when doing my routine service than to sit over a motor and take probably close to 2 hours to do the same work to save 90 dollars?? Thats just being cheap IMHO,and kind of irrational assuming your time is worth as much as mine .

I have the sway bars because there are no options and the intake was on sale and could be done with my needed oil change so chill out. If I was you I would at least look into the sway bars."

I get what your saying but see what im saying....any physic patient with a attention span of 3 min and 1 good hand not holding a needle could bolt up a intake. Every time you do work your self (on a car, house or yard) you get a feeling of accomplishment and get to see a finished product. I built a fully race ready from the ground up 98 nissan 240sx with no mechanical education all i used is the info i found online or figured out the rest on my own. Im not saying a 07+ lexus is easy to mess with but try doing something on your own when u get off work and have a hour in between two and a half men episodes.
i agree, i am no mechanic, but I would much rather work on my own car, you will find that most parts come with step by step instructions. and the money you save by not paying the dealership, you could use to buy more parts. I mean, you spent over $350(sways and intake) having someone do an hour or 2 of work on your car that could have easily been done by yourself. hell thats the price of the sways with sewells sale they were running. The only thing i don't do myself is maintenance cause the difference in me doing my oil change and a toyota dealership doing it is maybe $20. so to not have to find a jack and jackstands to use, dispose of the oil, be out in the 110 degree heat, ect. I'll pay the extra $20.

I also agree that other forums are much worse when it comes to people insulting/arguing about things. But I have also noticed that those forums are much more informative than this one. I mean really, some of the threads around here are just ridiculous, "how to update navigation?" "cleaning rear sunshade""How to clear my "Low Tire Pressure" warning light""which running lights to go with?". I mean really, use common sense people, look in the manual, use a swiffer, DO A SEARCH! There are virtually no DIY threads here, very few reviews, and many duplicate threads. I think a lot of it is because there aren't very many parts available.

Also, if you do decide to start doing your own work, make sure it is in between two and a half men. or at least tivo it. lol. I love that show.

edit: maybe one of these days we can meet up and I'll give you a hand with installs if you can help me get my car that shiney lol.
Old 08-06-09, 01:49 PM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ya if any of you guys live up in edmonton alberta ill give you a hand with what ever i can

Quick Reply: WOW !!!! the F Sport intake makes no engine noise at all