GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Programing a smart key.Service adv was yelling at me. the worst experience in LEXUS

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 11:19 AM
derricklee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Programing a smart key.Service adv was yelling at me. the worst experience in LEXUS

I walk into Tustin Lexus this morning and try to programming a smart key which I bough from internet as used condition. I know it was not easy to program a key that has been registered. So I call dealership to get a quote before I go. They states the price is $65 for new remote. $135 for used. I decide to do it even I think it is not cheap.

There is service adv call Rick. M was helping me this morning. After I waited for 45mins. He told me they can’t programmed it since key is registered. And he told me I still have to pay for $135. I try to be nice and ask them why do they charge me by not doing anything on my car. He said: tech won’t do anything for free. I still try to be nice and explain to him other lexus dealer might not charge their customer for sth they didn’t do since I used to service in Newport lexus. And he got very **** off and yelling at me in front of the technician and other customer: are you trying to shxt me? He wants me to leave right away. I was kinda shock by he saying such bs in front of others. Then I leave this place without say anything. I am feeling so bad now. I was known as friendly person to all people who knows me. I was expecting to experience excellent customer service as proud lexus owner. Sorry, I was totally wrong. The only thing he wants to do is threading at me and ripping me off. I am just wondering that will you guys pay them $135 for they did nothing on your car?

Anybody knows where I can reprogramming smart key for a reasonable price? Please kindly advise.
Old 06-23-09, 11:43 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Wow, dicks like that should not be working at Lexus. I would call the Lexus 800 number and file a complaint. Hopefully get him fired for his little tantrum. I would have yelled at him for wasting 45 mins of my time and gave him the middle finger for trying to charge me for something they should have known they can't do.
I wouldn't pay it...even if they tried to charge my credit card I would get it canceled. Simply put, service not rendered.
Have you tried going to another dealer? I believe you have to be there with the car in order for them to do it for you. Some Toyota dealers also do this, so you might want to call a local one up (someone on another forum said they got it done at Toyota for $30 for a 2GS, but 3GS is probably way more expensive).
Old 06-23-09, 11:48 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Start with complaining to the service and then general manager, call Lexus headquarters up to file a formal complain about the dealership. If they claim they can progarm it and later realized they cannot, then you should not have to pay.
Old 06-23-09, 12:03 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ exactly. i would file a claim against him and state what happened. you should have not had to pay anything.
Old 06-23-09, 12:05 PM
derricklee
Driver

Thanks, Guys. I will be contacting their service manager later. I just talk about this with my co-worker who goes to another lexus dealer for service. He seems hardly believe a Lexus service advisor will yelling at their customer. Because all lexus service advisor made good impression on him. I should really record the video and post it on YouTube.
Old 06-23-09, 12:10 PM
burr1t0
Driver School Candidate

I bought 2 used key fob for my 06 GS and got Park Place Lexus in Grapevine,TX to reprogram it for me with no problems. They charged me $35 per FOB, but that's still way cheaper than what I would've had to pay for a new one. Sorry to hear about your Lexus experience. I've never had any issues with Lexus dealerships. :-/
Old 06-23-09, 12:13 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by derricklee
Thanks, Guys. I will be contacting their service manager later. I just talk about this with my co-worker who goes to another lexus dealer for service. He seems hardly believe a Lexus service advisor will yelling at their customer. Because all lexus service advisor made good impression on him. I should really record the video and post it on YouTube.
If you really want to stick it to him, tell the service and gerenal manager that you will be filing a formal complain with lexus headquarter against their dealership. They hate it when they have a black mark against their record.
Old 06-23-09, 12:18 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Seriously, of all the dealerships i've been to, Lexus dealerships has been the worst experience for me. They think since they work under whats supposively one of the best names in automotive industry they think they are the shiz. Those people really need to get fired and the company has to hire one of the millions of people in America looking for a job that can do it the right way.
Old 06-23-09, 12:21 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is definitely ridiculous. But yes, talk to the manager, general manager, and file a claim. That is not tolerable.
Old 06-23-09, 12:46 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by derricklee
I walk into Tustin Lexus this morning and try to programming a smart key which I bough from internet as used condition. I know it was not easy to program a key that has been registered. So I call dealership to get a quote before I go. They states the price is $65 for new remote. $135 for used. I decide to do it even I think it is not cheap.

There is service adv call Rick. M was helping me this morning. After I waited for 45mins. He told me they can’t programmed it since key is registered. And he told me I still have to pay for $135. I try to be nice and ask them why do they charge me by not doing anything on my car. He said: tech won’t do anything for free. I still try to be nice and explain to him other lexus dealer might not charge their customer for sth they didn’t do since I used to service in Newport lexus. And he got very **** off and yelling at me in front of the technician and other customer: are you trying to shxt me? He wants me to leave right away. I was kinda shock by he saying such bs in front of others. Then I leave this place without say anything. I am feeling so bad now. I was known as friendly person to all people who knows me. I was expecting to experience excellent customer service as proud lexus owner. Sorry, I was totally wrong. The only thing he wants to do is threading at me and ripping me off. I am just wondering that will you guys pay them $135 for they did nothing on your car?

Anybody knows where I can reprogramming smart key for a reasonable price? Please kindly advise.
FYI - Tustin Lexus & Newport Lexus are owned buy the same person/company.

Sorry to hear about your bad service. I work with Angie at Newport Lexus. Nothing but A+ service for two years now.
Old 06-23-09, 12:53 PM
derricklee
Driver

I have just contactec with their general manger. His name is Mike. he seems like a very nice person on phone. And he listen to whole story and couldn't believe this was happen on his dealership and does appologize for what happen on me. He will let his service manger contacting me shortly. i will keep you guys on posted
Old 06-23-09, 02:48 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry to hear about ur experience.. that is totally unprofessional. towards that kind of service and attitude, i would've given them hell..
Old 06-23-09, 05:46 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unprofessional.

Each of the last 3 times I took my car in for service, I complained about the passenger front speaker rattling on certain songs. The first two times they blew me off insinuating that I was "listening with the bass too loud" or that they could not replicate the rattling. I told them this time that they better fix it or else, and they miraculously discovered the obvious rattle and fixed it. The screw had worked itself loose. I could have fixed it myself in 20 minutes probably, but it was the principle.
Old 06-23-09, 06:56 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

I've never had issues with the dealer I go to...however, they are rated as the top dealer in terms of customer service in Canada. Basically, I bring them a TSB printout and they do it...no questions asked (i.e the rattle TSBs).
The only time they didn't do anything right away was when my phone was not being remembered by the car, and they replaced the whole centre stack the next time I came in. The only thing I can complain about is the fact that they are short on loaner cars and service appointments take a months wait unless it is serious.
Old 06-23-09, 07:28 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanz
The only thing I can complain about is the fact that they are short on loaner cars and service appointments take a months wait unless it is serious.
regency lexus? i didn't have any problem booking a courtesy car for my first oil change. it only took me one week wait at the most.

Quick Reply: Programing a smart key.Service adv was yelling at me. the worst experience in LEXUS