GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-09, 08:52 AM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels

Hi Everyone!

I’m new to this forum. So far this place is great! I’m looking forward to make more postings in the future.

I live in Canada, Montreal to be exact… and I’m picking up my 2009 GS350 AWD Touring, Obsidian exterior with Passionate Black interior, next week. I can’t wait… I totally fell in love with the car when I first saw the interior, and then when I went for a test drive it was even more than what I expected… WOW

Anyways, I’m considering upgrading the standard OEM 17” wheels to OEM 18” wheels. But it’s very hard to see an exact car with those wheels at the dealer. Can anyone help me with this; I’m sure some of you guys have a Black GS with those rims… I would much appreciate pictures of different angles it it’s not too much trouble. I’m either considering the:

18” Lexus G-Spyder Alloy wheel
18” Lexus Machined Tourmaline Alloy wheel
18” Lexus GS450h Allow wheel

I have a preference for the G-Spider, but I just want to make sure I make the right decision since it’s a good $3,500 upgrade with wheels/tires/sensors.

Thanks all for your help.
Old 05-28-09, 08:58 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

definitely post pictures of that interior when you take delivery.

I don't like the G-spyder or the Tourmaline. I do like the GSh wheels though.
Old 05-28-09, 09:11 AM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

For sure I will post pictures! I like the GSh wheels too, but i wanted something a bit more sporty. I find those a bit older fashion, and I'm not sure about the "two tone" colour on the wheels.

Close to $61,000, but in Canadian dollars. That's the GS350 AWD with the Touring package which includes the PB interior, NAV, and few more options. it's the only way to get the PB here in Canada. The MSRP price is 59,100, plus transport, paint and leather treatment, and Scherlock.

No, not a lease, a buy. Decided to buy since Lexus are so realiable. And everyone I know that has an older Lexus swears by them!
Old 05-28-09, 09:12 AM
teemunz
Driver

Welcome to the club...congrats on your purchase...from the pics I seen your interior is so effin nice...Regarding those wheels you might want to look/ask the CL classifieds "3GS classifieds". You can save yourself some money...others members my have those wheels sitting in their garage or storage.

I used to live in MTL as well moved to south florida about 10 years ago...Go Habs
Old 05-28-09, 09:30 AM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! I'm jealous of your interior
Old 05-28-09, 09:39 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome to CL! glad to see you are the first CL member with the PB interior, and from canada too! too bad you are in the east coast, would love to see your car in person.

i didn't realize you could get the 450h wheels as an option from the dealer. my personal suggestion to you is that if you plan on spending $3,500 on wheels/tires, you might as well get aftermarket wheels instead. there's a lot of choices at that price range, it's just a matter of finding something you like. then use your current oem wheels as snow tires for winter driving.
Old 05-28-09, 09:53 AM
copa
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm jealous, too! Looking forward to seeing your pictures, I think that's a fun interior.
Old 05-28-09, 10:27 AM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys! I will share pictures as soon as I get the car! Can't wait. i guess the timing for me was great since they just received the Touring model here in Canada, less than two weeks ago. Very excited!

Teemunz... I'll check the classifies... but it might be hard to find them locally.

Stormforge... I was considereing going aftermarket, but I'm just lacking time now, and I wanted an upgrade on the wheels off the bat to add to the experience. But I know, I could wait. What you said about the 17" for winter is what I was planning to do. You see, the don't offer the 18" upgrade on the GS350 AWD. Therefore I have to buy a new set of 18" with tires, sensors, and caps... and still keep the 17" with their brand new tires. I tried to swap the 17" tires for winter ones, but they don't want to do that. So I'll keep the 17" wheels for winter tires, and "sell" the 17" tires... they are brand new, 40km, I have to find someone to buy them off of me!
Old 05-28-09, 10:28 AM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Oh forgot to ask something... does anyone recomend the Ipod Kit from Lexus? is it worth it?? how is it? I'm thinking of getting it since I have an iPhone 3G.

Thoughts?
Old 05-28-09, 10:50 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

if you have satellite...the ipod and XM don't play nice together without an aftermarket adapter...
Old 05-28-09, 11:16 AM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice... Welcome to CL and congrats on your new ride!
Old 05-28-09, 11:27 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3500 upgrade for stock rims?

stick with OEM 17 then get aftermarket
Old 05-28-09, 11:41 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whlkev
3500 upgrade for stock rims?

stick with OEM 17 then get aftermarket
my dealer quoted me $4500 for the standard 18" wheels with run-flats....i respectfully declined.
Old 05-28-09, 11:54 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MTLGS
Stormforge... I was considereing going aftermarket, but I'm just lacking time now, and I wanted an upgrade on the wheels off the bat to add to the experience. But I know, I could wait. What you said about the 17" for winter is what I was planning to do. You see, the don't offer the 18" upgrade on the GS350 AWD. Therefore I have to buy a new set of 18" with tires, sensors, and caps... and still keep the 17" with their brand new tires. I tried to swap the 17" tires for winter ones, but they don't want to do that. So I'll keep the 17" wheels for winter tires, and "sell" the 17" tires... they are brand new, 40km, I have to find someone to buy them off of me!
the worst thing you can do now is being impatient and rush into a purchase without thinking things through. since you plan on upgrading your wheels, why not consider going with 19" or 20" aftermarket wheels? add a small drop, and your car will look great. do your research and take your time thinking what you really want to do. do a search on this forum, you'll see all the different wheel choices that some of us have. don't buy the 18" oem wheels from your dealer only to regret your purchase because you later decide that you really could have gotten some 20" shoes that are nicer looking. it would be a waste of your time and money. good luck on your decision, we're all here to help!
Old 05-28-09, 01:16 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on being one of the first PB interior owners! Agreed with everyone else you should save for aftermarkets or look elsewhere for 18" OEM. I sold mine around $900 wheels and tires so if you're really set on those take a look in the wheels classified. $3500 is definitely a ripoff.

Quick Reply: 2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels