GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2009 GS350 AWD-Obsidian with PB Interior-Picking it up next week,need help 18" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 12:11 PM
tsavo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really love that pattern instead of the wood grain, but I think they over-did it a little with all that red.
Old 06-05-09, 12:58 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanz
Looks nice! I though the whole carpet was going to be red...but it looks like only the areas that don't get that dirty are. Too bad it will all be covered by all season mats soon
I thought all Lexus cars and trucks have good rust proofing from the start...hence the long rust warranty?
I personally don't plan to for the laughable amount of snow we get here in Vancouver...I just wash the bottom down after driving. However, I could see it being an issues in most of Canada.
you are right, we do have long rust warranty. when i bought my GS, my lexus salesman told me that it was pointless to get rustproofing here in BC. we don't get enough snow/ice to warrant an aggressive rustproofing job.

but the salesman told me that it's a different story if you live in the east coast, where MTLGS lives. and if i recall correctly, there have been rust reports for lexus vehicles coming from the east coast. so rustproofing would be an absolute must imho.
Old 06-07-09, 11:53 AM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with a couple of neighbours with Lexis in my area and they had the rustproofing done through the dealer. I will check tomorroy how much it is. Apperemtly it's a one-time thing good for ever!
Old 06-08-09, 09:39 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MTLGS
I spoke with a couple of neighbours with Lexis in my area and they had the rustproofing done through the dealer. I will check tomorroy how much it is. Apperemtly it's a one-time thing good for ever!
yes, it is a one-time thing. but dealer always charge a lot more for doing rustproofing. which is why i recommend going with a reputable aftermarket vendor in your area. but if going with your dealer gives you piece of mind, then by all means go for it. i just wanted to help you save money.
Old 06-08-09, 10:07 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...I didn't realize the PB interior was "out there/in your face/circus clown" red. The website made it look more like a muted, dark scarlet color as opposed to R E D.

I know there can be slight color discrepancies between the photoshopped pics that Lexus uses and real life, but these two aren't even close.

Old 06-15-09, 09:06 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Circus clown red!!! Oh come on... That's a bit harsh, no... I guess you have to see it in person. Almost 2 weeks with the car and loving it, and I don't even think of joining the Cirque du Soleil yet!

Khal, so did you get the car?
Old 06-15-09, 09:10 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

A question for you guys... I have this loud noise coming from the engine when idle. I brought it to the dealer last week, and they told me it's the fuel injectors when it releases the fuel to the engine. Is it that loud?? They told me it is normal. But I find it's really loud.

Anyone experienced they first got their car?
Old 06-15-09, 09:19 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Does it sound like a diesel engine? If so, then yes its normal. DFI is used quite a bit when you start the car to heat up the engine and exhaust system. I never found it to be "loud," however.
Old 06-16-09, 05:42 PM
MTLGS
Driver School Candidate

Yes it's quite loud. I brought to the dealer today because I had to pick-up something. And they agreed that I loud, and it is the fuel injectors. They told me to wait like 3-3 thousand miles and it should get quieter. Should be better before the first servicing. If it doesn't, they will look into it and replace a part.

Has anyone had the same problem??
Old 06-16-09, 07:04 PM
khal80
Driver School Candidate

Circus clown red!!! Oh come on...

Khal, so did you get the car?

YES I did!!!!......absolutely love.

The red looks very bright in pics, but when you looking at it in person it is very tastefully done. The black mats really do balance it out.

When I drive it at times, I almost think there isnt enough red. The color scheme, as crazy as it may sound by just seeing pics, is very subtle..just my .02
Old 06-17-09, 07:04 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Circus clown red!!! Oh come on... That's a bit harsh, no... I guess you have to see it in person. Almost 2 weeks with the car and loving it, and I don't even think of joining the Cirque du Soleil yet!
I didn't mean that in a negative way, the color just appears much brighter and more vibrant in "real" pictures than it does on the Lexus.com website. It looks a lot darker- more maroon than red- on the website.

Glad you like the car so far
Old 11-24-12, 10:39 AM
nary4tom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Sounds like you got good taste. Yes OP means "original post/poster"

I recommend BBS wheels The last pic is HRE
which front lip is that on that white gs
Old 11-24-12, 10:40 AM
nary4tom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Wow...I didn't realize the PB interior was "out there/in your face/circus clown" red. The website made it look more like a muted, dark scarlet color as opposed to R E D.

I know there can be slight color discrepancies between the photoshopped pics that Lexus uses and real life, but these two aren't even close.

mann..i never knew that 3gs comes with red carpet