GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Opinions on DUB BOMBER wheels..... please

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 01:36 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on DUB BOMBER wheels..... please

06 Medator red GS300 AWD. I am thinking about getting these tomorrow. 20" DUB BOMBER. 8.5 all around with 245/30/20 I think. Please opinion:

http://www.performanceplustire.com/i...ucts3/4875.jpg
Old 05-14-09, 02:04 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

rule of thumb. DUBs do not belong on the GS.

(posted so you guys don't have to click that crappy website)
Old 05-14-09, 02:06 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

the spokes look thick and ugly.
Old 05-14-09, 02:12 PM
LexFather

If you are a member of car domain, they will love those rims. We will not. They will crack/chip before you know it and **** you off.

Check in our vendors forum and talk to some of them for rims. They have nice chrome ones as well.
Old 05-14-09, 02:13 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Ok. Thanks for the honesty. We all have our opinions, that's why we all have different wheels on our cars. I guess I will go and see if I can choose comething different. In the mean time, I will wait to hear more opinions.
Old 05-14-09, 02:18 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Not on your gs! go with forgiato or vip modular maybe even tis modular.
Old 05-14-09, 02:34 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-14-09, 03:10 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Stick around here and do some research, look at other members cars for a while before you make your choice. Might save you alot of money in the long run!
Old 05-14-09, 03:17 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DCNASER
Ok. Thanks for the honesty. We all have our opinions, that's why we all have different wheels on our cars. I guess I will go and see if I can choose comething different. In the mean time, I will wait to hear more opinions.
Well tell us more. What designs do you like? What kind of budget? How will you drive the car? Then we can give more suggestions.
Old 05-14-09, 03:29 PM
DCNASER
Pole Position

Thanks 1SICKLEX. I am a 35Y female nurse. I always liked to have wheels on any car I drive, but I don't like ghetto type wheels. I always had good taste when choosing wheels, always had the best comments. On the other hand when I choose one I get all kind of negative comments and that could be due to : Bias, one's own opinion, or cause someone just doesn't like whatever it is I am talking about. I don't drive much, few miles per day. I don't race, or drive hard. I just like it to look good. I liked this one for some reason. I know the VOSSENS or Giovanni, and many more can or may look better, nt chip as bad ad the DUB, but it may not!! I like many wheels, some are priced $8-9k WHILE SOME ARE $2k, including tires. It isn't that I am spending my last pennies on it, it is just that the guy who works in a shop is a good friend and is giving me a good deal. The sensors will be the same ones I have. He called 5 professional people and even though some people say it's Ok, they ALL said DON'T stagger the AWD. I have no idea why but 4/5 tried it and either tripped the AWD or didn't set right. So I am putting 8.5 20" with NITTO tires, which I hope are good because I heard many people in the forum saying they are, and because it is the 1st option the guy gave me. All of this for $2100, mounted balanced and all. I know many of you will hate it but some won't, including me. But I wanted to get a feel of it and if I do install them will post some pics.
Old 05-14-09, 03:30 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I think you can do better......but that's just my opinion. At the end, of course you should go with whatever you like, it is your car and money
Old 05-14-09, 04:16 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I think you can do better......but that's just my opinion. At the end, of course you should go with whatever you like, it is your car and money
i couldn't have worded it better.

you wouldn't wear a canali suit with steve madden shoes, that's just the way i'd analogize this situation. do what makes you happy.
Old 05-14-09, 04:20 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DCNASER
Thanks 1SICKLEX. I am a 35Y female nurse. I always liked to have wheels on any car I drive, but I don't like ghetto type wheels. I always had good taste when choosing wheels, always had the best comments. On the other hand when I choose one I get all kind of negative comments and that could be due to : Bias, one's own opinion, or cause someone just doesn't like whatever it is I am talking about. I don't drive much, few miles per day. I don't race, or drive hard. I just like it to look good. I liked this one for some reason. I know the VOSSENS or Giovanni, and many more can or may look better, nt chip as bad ad the DUB, but it may not!! I like many wheels, some are priced $8-9k WHILE SOME ARE $2k, including tires. It isn't that I am spending my last pennies on it, it is just that the guy who works in a shop is a good friend and is giving me a good deal. The sensors will be the same ones I have. He called 5 professional people and even though some people say it's Ok, they ALL said DON'T stagger the AWD. I have no idea why but 4/5 tried it and either tripped the AWD or didn't set right. So I am putting 8.5 20" with NITTO tires, which I hope are good because I heard many people in the forum saying they are, and because it is the 1st option the guy gave me. All of this for $2100, mounted balanced and all. I know many of you will hate it but some won't, including me. But I wanted to get a feel of it and if I do install them will post some pics.
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ShowLarge=True

doesnt seem like a great deal. call the guys at element wheels. i got a set of mht stoke forged wheels for around 2300 with tires, mounted balanced with my tpms.
Old 05-14-09, 04:34 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

dcnaser:

if you're willing to splurge a little more, consider getting work wheels.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/

they are good quality wheels and i guarantee you will be happy with them (whichever one you end up with). then comparison shop the wheels with one of our CL vendors and see who can give you the best price.
Old 05-14-09, 04:35 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002

LOL! that's one funny pic!

Quick Reply: Opinions on DUB BOMBER wheels..... please