GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

AH!!!!!! My baby got smashed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-08, 05:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by beach
Don't let in insurance company stick you with a used bumper or reconditioned bumper. You want a new one!
I am pretty sure they state in the contract agreement that they have the option to use one. I had one put on my G35 sedan and it was a solid job with no issues. Even with my **** nature
Old 12-11-08, 05:34 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dang that sucks!!!!!...sorry to hear about that man....
Old 12-24-08, 07:20 AM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AllBlackon
none of these posters work in the accident field, its like the blind leading the blind.

if the car is older then 12 months they can stick you with Like Kind and Quality.

not directed at youI8ABMR, when I mean you i mean the general population
Most people go with the assumption that they are getting screwed by the insurance company when they get like kind and quality, what does that phrase mean? exactly what is stated, meaning its your year or newer....so your door wasn't "used" when you were driving it? it was used, by YOU....

cashing the Property damage check for your vehicle does not waive your right at personal injury....again false, unless... you specifically signed a release of your right or taken a recorded statement waiving your right at claiming personal injury

Taking a look at the damages on the truck and the damages on your vehicle, i would say that you could possibly have some moderate unseen damage which will not be included in your initial estimate by that appraiser unless the bumper is removed.

FYI - if you had a headache, soreness, or any discomfort, that by definition of insurance companies is an INJURY.

if you need a good personal injury/liability/accident attorney in california PM me, i know a few good offices...

attorney wont charge if they don't win
chiropractor wont chage if attorney's dont win
either way you win

I think there is a new law out in Cali now according to my attorney that the "injury" has to be significant in order to be able and file a claim, due to the large numbers of "false incidents".
Old 12-24-08, 10:47 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maying856
I think there is a new law out in Cali now according to my attorney that the "injury" has to be significant in order to be able and file a claim, due to the large numbers of "false incidents".
Hmmm...that really sux if that's the new law for Cali. Thank goodness it's not in Tx... i got hit by a red light runner 5 years ago. It was a minor accident but the injury still bother me till today. She rear ended my car with about $2k in damage that look like nothing from the outside. But once the car was in the body shop and bumper taken off...damages was all over on the inside. Alot of stuff gets move around when you are in an accident that you won't see from looking at it. It's always best to bring your car to a really good body shop because they will pin point out all the damages. Till today...my neck is killing me when i drive alot on the roads. I went to probably 5 chiro already and none have gotten the pain away yet. I'm still going thru physical theraphy right now for this neck problem i'm having. I would pay anything to get this pain in my neck to go away...
Old 12-27-08, 05:37 PM
GSguy77095
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an '03 GS430 and was rear ended, which shoved me into a BMW 5 series. It did damage to my back end and front end. Although significantly more damage than what appears to be the case with your car, the liable parties insurance adjuster estimated $4k in damages. After my body shop was done, the bill was closer to $10k (those head lights are over $1k each).
When I went to trade the vehicle, my dealer reduced the value of my trade by $3.5k since it had been in an accident (although no structural damage). So I went back to the liable parties insurance company (1 1/2 years later) and settled on a diminished value claim for $2k. I just didn't want to go through attorneys, etc. for the difference. But just keep that in mind before signing any releases. A diminished value claim is often unknown to the party who has been wrongfully damaged.
Sorry for the painful eyesore your care received. Hope it all works out okay . . . . . .
Old 12-28-08, 02:22 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that "F"er looks like the same guy who hit my BMW 545i back in the day, and he was driving same car... i found out this loser flipped over his car couple weeks after he hit my car....
I agree w/ GSguy, you are going to get a hit for trade-in value down the road, I lost about 2k-3k in trade-in also, man I was so pissed... I forgot how much it estimated for, but it was really notthing, compare to loss in value...
Old 12-28-08, 02:46 PM
AllBlackon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSguy77095
I had an '03 GS430 and was rear ended, which shoved me into a BMW 5 series. It did damage to my back end and front end. Although significantly more damage than what appears to be the case with your car, the liable parties insurance adjuster estimated $4k in damages. After my body shop was done, the bill was closer to $10k (those head lights are over $1k each).
When I went to trade the vehicle, my dealer reduced the value of my trade by $3.5k since it had been in an accident (although no structural damage). So I went back to the liable parties insurance company (1 1/2 years later) and settled on a diminished value claim for $2k. I just didn't want to go through attorneys, etc. for the difference. But just keep that in mind before signing any releases. A diminished value claim is often unknown to the party who has been wrongfully damaged.
Sorry for the painful eyesore your care received. Hope it all works out okay . . . . . .
agreed 100%