GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3M Clearbra or AeroTect

Old 09-12-08, 01:50 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok, lol, I am gonna let you guys figure out what's going on with Francisco then I'll make the epic journey back to him from AZ.

and a rock actually pierced my hood clear bra, perfect time to get the whole thing reapplied
Old 09-12-08, 01:58 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
We live in a pretty harsh environment here in CA and in the desert southwest. Here in the LA area, we're always driving in smoggy conditions.

We love Venture here too as Francisco our installer (owner of AeroTect) is a Venture Tape distributor and 3 Star certified installer here on the West. As a matter of fact, he is the first to install the clearcoated Venture.

My 07 Starfire GS is garaged and usually only sees daylight on the weekends as I have a company car to drive around.

Aerotect
Distributing throughout California
1935 McKinley ave
Suite F
Laverne, California ,91750

Phone: 909-596-0053
Email: info@aerotect.net
I didn't see this post by you earlier,Flipside.
I'm curious to know why it yellowed with it being the newer clearcoated version.
Looking forward to whlkev's report.
Old 09-12-08, 02:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Only one application?
How long has it been?Maybe the film was unprotected for too long.
I don't know but the dulling thing isn't a big problem when researching car bra issues.
i did it twice, it's been about 9 months since i got the car and had clear bra on
Old 09-12-08, 02:57 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
i did it twice, it's been about 9 months since i got the car and had clear bra on

Maybe the Klasse isn't lasting long.
Klasse did change their formula to pass the new I believe VOA or something laws.
There has been some talk on forums that the stuff isn't as good as in the past.
I'm a bit nuts about my car and add a coat of Zaino Z2 once a month and a Z8 detailer sealer every two weeks to the bra and I don't even use the car that much.
Plus it's garaged and doesn't see rain.

Last edited by Joeb427; 09-12-08 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-12-08, 03:11 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Francisco got a bad roll of ventureshield. I had my clear bra installed on Jan 3 (one week after taking delivery) and it yellowed in less than 8 mos. As stated earlier, my IS350 with 3M was flawless in 2 yrs. Same installer, same driving conditions, same garaged/parking conditions, yada, yada - only difference is Ventureshield vs 3M. I'll call Aerotect and see if I can get an appt next week, prolly go with 3M this time. . .
Old 09-12-08, 03:41 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

sweet, keep us updated and please mention to him that many members are complaining as well

we should do a meet there
Old 09-12-08, 03:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

please do keep us posted.... i got my car done end of last nov..... wonder if it's the same roll?! umm....... and maybe you can mention to francisco about my car as well?

joe, zaino is good durable stuff, but in terms of shine though especially on blk cars, i don't think it beats klasse + carnauba
Old 09-12-08, 04:12 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

please do keep us posted.... i got my car done end of last nov..... wonder if it's the same roll?! umm....... and maybe you can mention to francisco about my car as well?

joe, zaino is good durable stuff, but in terms of shine though especially on blk cars, i don't think it beats klasse + carnauba
It's all subjective but I love the shine Zaino produces.
It really makes the pearl essence pop.
A lot of people use Z5 for black and dark colors cars.
Also Z2 with a top coat of Pinnacle souveran,PS21 or other carnauba wax.
I love the Zaino ZCS clear seal.Wipe on and walk away.Paint has to be clean of course.
We all have our favorite products.
Old 09-12-08, 07:30 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

damn. what a headache.

i'm glad i don't have clear bra.

i got a few rock chips, but i think i can make those disappear with careful work.

my biggest worry is how to keep the headlamps from becoming yellow. I wax them. but we'll see if it really works 3 years later.
Old 09-15-08, 05:28 PM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry everybody, I haven't logged on for a few days.

Henry, et all, if you feel that you have some concerns with the film, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We would be more than happy to look at the film and see what's going on. If there is a waranty issue, we will definitely honor it.

This is really the first we've heard of the new Venture Ultra dulling from normal conditions. One thing is for sure, the film does benefit from some sort of protection like Venture's reccomended Plexus Plastic Polish or at least some sort of quick detailer.

If a long period of time went by without a wash, this could also affect the films appearance, as the film is naturally porous and will absorb particulate such as dust particles, bug stains, etc., if not washed off. This is true for all Polyurethane films.

Please give us a call or drop an e-mail if you have any questions. We're not always on the forum, so PM's and forum posts may take longer to respond to.

Jason - AeroTect

(909) 596-0053
jason@aerotect.net
Old 09-15-08, 06:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

this is what i call customer service!

no problem jason and francisco. my schedule has been pretty hectic lately to go up in that direction, but for sure i will find time to go over so you guys can take a look.

i am really glad i brought my car to aerotect
Old 11-10-08, 09:03 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Ryan/Henry,

did you guys stick with venture or 3m for the 2nd time?

making my appointment now in December for this , hope they are open around xmas time =X
Old 11-10-08, 11:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i am going to have mine replaced some time soon. i will very likely go with venture

3m has a lot of orange peel
Old 11-11-08, 12:56 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im going there tomorrow. ill ask about the issue with dulling and venture turning yellow.
Old 11-11-08, 09:32 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

i am going to have mine replaced some time soon. i will very likely go with venture
3m has a lot of orange peel
Likewise, I have the 3M on Starfire Pearl and it has A LOT of orange peel. Plus it tends to yellow. Every 4-6 months I have to basically strip and polish it to get rid of the yellow oxidation. It looks clearer again when finished, but still plenty of orange peel.

After the winter, I plan on peeling it off and replacing w/ an Invisiblemask which I presume is much like the ventureshield. I have an Invisiblemask on another vehicle and it's virtually 100% clear (no orange peel) and hasn't yellowed either. I had an Xpel (3M product) installer put it on for me and when finished I was questioned extensively about who's it was. Needless to say, they were pretty impressed w/ it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3M Clearbra or AeroTect