GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Awful squeaking breaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 12:20 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awful squeaking breaks

I had the low dust break pads installed a few months ago. At first they squealed a tiny bit, then it went away. Now they are squealing really bad

Will lexus fix it for free? It kind of sucks that my Lexus is squeaking.
Old 07-21-08, 12:22 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bozer
It kind of sucks that my Lexus is squeaking.
well get use to it.

lol. jk.
Old 07-21-08, 05:19 PM
rkb43
Pole Position

Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. I have over 9000 miles on the low dust pads and they do not squeek at all.
Old 07-21-08, 07:35 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PachecoGS4
well get use to it.

lol. jk.
Sad but true, just get used to it...

In my case, I always hear the grinding/squeaking noise from the front brakes in the morning.
I have tried to get raid of the brake noise couple times already, by bring in for service. But all they can said is "due the the mositure deposited on the brake rotors from overnight, it would cause brake to squeak during the first couple breaking."

Unless you have better luck with your service department, I guess we all have to live with the "morning call" compliment of Lexus brakes!!!
Old 07-21-08, 10:29 PM
vladbph
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Sad but true, just get used to it...

In my case, I always hear the grinding/squeaking noise from the front brakes in the morning.
I have tried to get raid of the brake noise couple times already, by bring in for service. But all they can said is "due the the mositure deposited on the brake rotors from overnight, it would cause brake to squeak during the first couple breaking."

Unless you have better luck with your service department, I guess we all have to live with the "morning call" compliment of Lexus brakes!!!
My story 1:1. Same happens if you drive on highway for a bit and breaks cool down. This is not right. One of the main reason for changing "dusty" breaks for me was this morning squeaking and new breaks do it too.
Old 07-22-08, 09:13 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

I have an appointment on saturday with lexus. I hope they fix this. My accord never had squeaking... this is bs
Old 07-22-08, 10:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Just curious, do you do a lot of city or hwy driving?

Your dealership service dept. should have put anti squeal on the back of the pads before installation.
Old 07-22-08, 12:04 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

I do city driving mainly. But in the last 2 weeks I did more highway driving then normal I would say. I really dont drive the car much at all though. Only on the weekends really. I have 4000 miles and Ive had it over a year now.

I just am a bit dissapointed with Lexus. For one, needing to get low dust pads put on is retarded. Couldnt they have fixed that by now so that when I bought the car they were on there already?
Old 07-22-08, 12:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I do city driving mainly. But in the last 2 weeks I did more highway driving then normal I would say. I really dont drive the car much at all though. Only on the weekends really. I have 4000 miles and Ive had it over a year now.

I just am a bit dissapointed with Lexus. For one, needing to get low dust pads put on is retarded. Couldnt they have fixed that by now so that when I bought the car they were on there already?
The excessive dusting issue is really a non issue for some. For most of here in CL, it's more of an annoyance than anything else. Keep in mind the brakes on the GS are very large and they do a very good job of stopping such a heavy car. The pads were manufactured and engineered to get the best stopping power out of the GS. Look at BMW, they have had a heavy brake dust issue on all their cars for years. It's just a characteristic that most are not accustomed to.
Old 07-22-08, 01:58 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YUP

performance --> softer pads and dust
less performance --> harder pads and no dust and prone to squeaking

there is no such thing as perfect pads, take your pick
Old 07-22-08, 02:27 PM
vladbph
Pole Position

Originally Posted by whlkev
YUP

performance --> softer pads and dust
less performance --> harder pads and no dust and prone to squeaking

there is no such thing as perfect pads, take your pick
I changed my breaks to less dusty ones because of the squeaks, not dust, so this is not always true.
Old 07-22-08, 02:31 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vladbph
I changed my breaks to less dusty ones because of the squeaks, not dust, so this is not always true.
squeaking is caused by the vibrations of the pads, it can happen to virtually all pads if it's not bedded correctly or installed correctly

I was merely pointing out that fact that the material of the dustless pads is more prone to squeaking, trust me, i know, if there is a dustless pads for bmw, i have tried it before
Old 07-22-08, 02:45 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Thumbs up still under warranty?

I had the low dust break pads installed a few months ago. At first they squealed a tiny bit, then it went away. Now they are squealing really bad

Will lexus fix it for free? It kind of sucks that my Lexus is squeaking.
If it is still under warranty Lexus will fix for free. They fixed mine when I had a 2006 is350. They replaced everything free of charge.
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-08, 10:36 PM
vladbph
Pole Position

I have an appointment on saturday with lexus. I hope they fix this. My accord never had squeaking... this is bs
Any news? Did they fix it?
Old 08-05-08, 12:02 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have never had a squeak from the pads on my 3GS. All is quiet. If you tell them , the lexus service department will take very good care of you

Quick Reply: Awful squeaking breaks