GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

gs350 owners.. how are you diggin' the car so far?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 01:06 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Except for the rattles, I really have no complains, but then rattles are a big no no for a $50000 car. So I will give it 7.5 out of 10.
Old 06-05-08, 02:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by mcukier
Uhhh... that's the beauty of the drop down box. It puts the rarely used controls out of sight!!! WHOOSH! (that was the sound of the drop down box concept flying over your head)

I'm also still in the honeymoon period with my GS350.... a whopping 451 miles on it. I absolute love it.... 9.5 out of 10.

I'm also young/single... so the small trunk doesn't bother me. It can fit three golf bags in it with room to spare, which is plenty enough for me. I think it drives gorgeously, has a luxurious fit/finish.... perfect.

It's not a "driver's car" like the 540 or 335.... but it's definitely THE car for someone who drives a lot. :-) If you get my meaning....
in that case the designer did a pretty **** poor job putting the trunk and gas cap button INSIDE the drop down box
Old 06-05-08, 02:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The drop down box is a nice feature to look at, but i've banged my knee into it too many times. If there way a way for me to convert my box to have the gas/trunk release outside, i'd do it in a heartbeat (07 GS350).
Old 06-05-08, 08:45 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

A friend asked the other day -- what would I replace my car with if it got totalled? I responded: another GS350!
Old 06-05-08, 09:06 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my GS. HOWEVER, I have my gripes

1. Cannot stand that the backseat does NOT fold down. I had to find out the hard way when trying to load my surfboard.

2. I have to use my damn tape player to play songs off of my Ipod, while all the other Lexus models have an Aux input. A freaking corrolla has an aux input.

3. My Nav sometimes gives the WORST directions EVER.

4. The brake dust is excessive.
Old 06-06-08, 12:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by kaotiq

1. Cannot stand that the backseat does NOT fold down. I had to find out the hard way when trying to load my surfboard.

2. I have to use my damn tape player to play songs off of my Ipod, while all the other Lexus models have an Aux input. A freaking corrolla has an aux input.

3. My Nav sometimes gives the WORST directions EVER.

4. The brake dust is excessive.
2) there are several ipod kits out there

4) get the TSIB done
Old 06-06-08, 06:00 AM
rbarker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
in that case the designer did a pretty **** poor job putting the trunk and gas cap button INSIDE the drop down box
A few people have mentioned this but in the 2008 both buttons were moved outside the drop down. There are several other ways to open the trunk as well so it doesn't seem like that big of an issue. And how often do you really open the fuel door?

Someone also mentioned no aux jack for Ipod (or other audio accessories) but this has been added in the 2008.

I know it doesn't help the owners of the earlier models but at least it appears like Lexus is listening.
Old 06-06-08, 06:42 AM
mcukier
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
ahhh see I have an '08.... sorry :-)
Old 06-06-08, 06:55 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
The drop down box is a nice feature to look at, but i've banged my knee into it too many times. If there way a way for me to convert my box to have the gas/trunk release outside, i'd do it in a heartbeat (07 GS350).
Keep it closed?!
Old 06-06-08, 08:35 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I have the 08 as well, I have own the GS for almost 5 months now, I think I open that flip down box maybe 3-4 times at most.
Old 06-06-08, 10:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by rbarker
A few people have mentioned this but in the 2008 both buttons were moved outside the drop down. There are several other ways to open the trunk as well so it doesn't seem like that big of an issue. And how often do you really open the fuel door?

Someone also mentioned no aux jack for Ipod (or other audio accessories) but this has been added in the 2008.

I know it doesn't help the owners of the earlier models but at least it appears like Lexus is listening.
Originally Posted by mcukier
ahhh see I have an '08.... sorry :-)
err...... i have 08 too, i know what has changed. yes lexus is listening but from my expectations on lexus, i expect them to do a better job the first time. the fact that the moved the trunk and gas cap buttons out already mean those two are used often enough to be an "issue" for them to make a fix
Old 06-06-08, 12:04 PM
sf7307
Pole Position

Wow, this just isn't one I would even have considered with this type of car. (Now if the seats didn't fold down in my SUV, then I'd have a problem!).

I also love my GS, and I also have some gripes (all pretty minor). I'd still give it a 9/10:

1. Yes, the trunk is a little small.

2. Yes, the backlighting on the steering wheel could/should be better.

3. Slight (not much) dash rattle.

4. Mine is an '07 - I'd like the gas and trunk buttons to be outside the drop-down thingie. I have hit my knee several times.

5. Not so great lighting (interior and trunk)

6. Ipod - I personally don't care, but I think it's shortsighted not to be able to integrate an ipod with the audio system.

7. Number One Gripe (this is more "major") - the blackout on the nav and audio while driving (I know I can "fix" it --just don't think I should have to).

8. Keyless entry - I love it -- the problem is I sometimes go out to the car to get something, but since the key is always in my purse, I sometimes forget to take it with me!

Plusses: There are plenty, but most of all, I love the way this car looks (Obsidian Black with Cashmere interior) and I love the way it drives, and the bluetooth works great with our phones (one Razr, one Q and one Samsung Sync)!

Last edited by sf7307; 06-06-08 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-06-08, 12:08 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sf7307
Wow, this just isn't one I would even have considered with this type of car. (Now if the seats didn't fold down in my SUV, then I'd have a problem!).

I also love my GS, and I also have some gripes (all pretty minor). I'd still give it a 9/10:

4. Mine is an '07 - I'd like the gas and trunk buttons to be outside the drop-down thingie. I have hit my knee several times.

6. Ipod - I personally don't care, but I think it's shortsighted not to be able to integrate an ipod with the audio system.

7. Number One Gripe (this is more "major") - the blackout on the nav and audio while driving (I know I can "fix" it --just don't think I should have to).

8. Keyless entry - I love it -- the problem is I sometimes go out to the car to get something, but since the key is always in my purse, I sometimes forget to take it with me!

Plusses: There are plenty, but most of all, I love the way this car looks (Obsidian Black with Cashmere interior) and I love the way it drives, and the bluetooth works great with our phones (one Razr, one Q and one Samsung Sync)!
wooo, you are a girl
Old 06-06-08, 12:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by sf7307

you still haven't gotten the nav override?!
Old 06-06-08, 02:35 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

I'm just a bit over 10,000 miles on mine. My biggest issue was hopefully taken care of. The rattles were my biggest problem. Rattles for some reason really get on my nerves. Long story short, just got my GS back the other day and so far no rattles. Had an annoying constant rattle upper left of the sunroof(by the grab bar). The techs couldn't hear it. So I ending up taking a tech on the freeway to show him the noise. Kinda funny going down 405 w/the techs arm in front of my face trying to point out the rattle. Otherwise no complaints. Love my GS. I'll go with a 9 also.

Quick Reply: gs350 owners.. how are you diggin' the car so far?