GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dealer scratched and dinged my car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-08, 11:03 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer scratched and dinged my car!

I got a alignment done at the dealer and who ever drove my car mustve backed in to something and they tried to cover it up with touch up paint and the indents. There is paint that dripped that is all dried up. WTF ? This is real ****ed up of them. I just got this car and I am def not having good luck with people keying it or damaging the car. The car itself is great. I am meeting with the service manager tommorow morning at 7. Think they will do something about it or do you think they will just deny because they has no idea who did this. One thing for sure is it happened at the dealer and they tried to cover it up. I am so pissed.

UPDATE: MONDAY APRIL 14TH.

So i just got back from meeting with the service manager, He took a really good long look at it and he says its vandalism. WTF?! LOL he calls the auto body shop that they deal with and the auto body guy takes a look at it and says its been hit by another car or bumper. The bumper flexed in and it came out he says to me. I told them no its a scratch from some sort of tool or or object that is stationary. I will try to post pics. But its cleary not from another car because the scratch/small dings are too fine to be from another car bumper. Either way there is a scratching/chipping of the paint and a ding that goes straight down even through the curve of the bumper. i know its hard to imagine. I told him theres touch up paint on it. The service manager says to me, its the coat of paint under it. I disagreed with him and showed him that its touch up paint. I scratched at it with my finger nail in front of him and it started to flake away. You can clearly see that the paint also dripped down cuz there was too much applied. He really didnt want to give in and admit that they are responsible, and he tried to get across they cant do anything. If anything they are 50-50 on it, because i didnt see it RIGHT away. Theres no way i couldve seen it with the crappy weather we had in boston the past few days with rain. So After about an hour of talking/compromising he finally agrees that he'll take liability and replace the bumper. So next week they will replace my bumper with a new one. I hope they dont have to repaint the trunk or the quarter panel just because of the bumper. We'll never know who did it, but it was SURELY someone at the dealer. VERY shady.

So be careful when you guys bring your car into service, always check before you leave. Thats what im going to do from now on.

UPDATE 4/23/08

So i go to the body shop today to pick up my car... the back bumper wasnt replaced just repaired. while repairing/repainting they did a half *** job. the paint was dried up while it was dripping down the bumper. clear coat covered it and you could see that lines of paint dripping down. This autobody is supposed to be the autobody that is certified by this WATERTOWN LEXUS (SAKKO AUTOBODY). They agreed to re-do it and i will pick it up friday morning. I am extremely dissapointed with their half *** job. So as of now i am still in the loaner =(

UPDATE 4/25/08

oK so i picked up my car and it looks good, finally!..... and then a few hours later i NOTICE another scratch! wtf!.... looks like someone keyed it or something scraped up against it but more likely a key scratch cuz it was wavy. I brought it back to the body shop and they buffed it out for me.

One thing about SAKO autobody shop(the bodyshop lexus of watertown uses) They keep the cars outside, near rocks, the T-train tracks are literally 5-10 feet away from where they park the customers cars. The garage is TINY and so cramped. They have no fence/gate, so if the car is parked over night , someone can EASILY come in and steal something or damage the cars. So just a heads up if you have your body work done by them, thats how they keep your car. I know some body shops have a fence locked overnight which is safer than no fence. None the less i am happy that i FINALLY have my car back.

Last edited by 1989Lexus; 04-25-08 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-13-08, 11:48 AM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omg , that is horrible... What a freakn moron that messed up your car, I cant believe they also tried to cover it up... I'm pretty sure Lexus will pay for it... Good luck with that...
Old 04-13-08, 12:06 PM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

i had my black gs scratches just getting an oil change. i don't take my car to the dealership anymore unless its something that i have to under warranty.
they are a bunch of fools that don't care about anything .
good luck with that
Old 04-13-08, 12:28 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1989Lexus
I got a alignment done at the dealer and who ever drove my car mustve backed in to something and they tried to cover it up......... WTF ? This is real ****ed up of them. I just got this car and I am def not having good luck with people keying it or damaging the car.......I am so pissed.
ive had all kinds of drama since i got my car as well and its so f-ing typical!! my last car i didnt treat with nearly as much attention or care.....and not a damn thing ever happened to it!! My 3GS......i baby the hell out of it and take the best care of it as possible and then get the shaft!! WTF??
Old 04-13-08, 04:27 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

Seriously...no one cares about your car like you do...the lesson here is that sending it in for anything other than a serious issue is a no no....ridiculous I know.

Exterior scratches, interior scratches, grease from shoes...too many ways to f#$% up your car.

Really hope they take care of you.
Old 04-13-08, 04:30 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I am sure they will take care of you at the dealer good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Old 04-13-08, 07:02 PM
MikeOO
Driver School Candidate

Wow that's a real shady move on the dealers part. Hope they take care of everything.
Old 04-14-08, 12:57 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have had the same thing happen to me before and they took care of it. good luck man. It should be ok.
Old 04-14-08, 06:16 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

1989Lexus, sorry to hear about your incident, if the dealer is any good, they will take care of it. BTW, which dealer did you go to, I want to make a note to never go there.
Old 04-14-08, 07:18 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
1989Lexus, sorry to hear about your incident, if the dealer is any good, they will take care of it. BTW, which dealer did you go to, I want to make a note to never go there.

Lexus of Watertown, Supposedly the biggest lexus dealer in MA? thats what i was told but i heard the new herb chambers is huge?....... BTW UPDATED first post.
Old 04-14-08, 07:47 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

For a second, I thought Park Place had opened up another Lexus in MA!!!

They are the only dealer that is famous for damaging customers' toys while in their service department.

Talk to the service manager, if he/she decline to repair the damage... Talk to the GM directly, best of luck to you.
Old 04-15-08, 06:06 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

1989Lexus, good to hear they are will to fix it for you. I use the same dealer for service and had really good luck with them, but then, I never had to get them to fix a dent they cause.
Old 04-15-08, 07:37 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
1989Lexus, good to hear they are will to fix it for you. I use the same dealer for service and had really good luck with them, but then, I never had to get them to fix a dent they cause.
do you live around there?
Old 04-15-08, 07:54 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I live in Newton. I bought 3 Lexus from Watertown and been using their service department for a while. No complains so far, in fact, they just fix the dash rattle on my car and did a pretty good job.
Old 04-15-08, 01:05 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

when i got my gs430 back after the imting belt service (second gen), the car was gettin 24.5 on the trip up. i gave it to them with the needle just below full. i got it back with a quarter of tank missing. they reset all my gas averages on my gps and have 11 mpg logged in for current average. I was pissed.

Quick Reply: Dealer scratched and dinged my car!