GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3rd Gen GS Nav Bluetooth DVD mods thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-08, 10:32 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ICEDGS3-RZ
Hello Everyone...I just joined this forum and I wanted to compliment all the members that shared their experience and information...I currently own a 06 GS 300 AWD and this might be a stupid question....pls accept my apologies if I'm posting this in a wrong forum..

My question is: Does ALL GS300 (third gen) that has a mapDVD "can" play regular DVD movies?

Thanks!!!
since you asked so kindly, so i shall reply you

ability to play dvd has nothing to do with whether you have nav or not, it has to do with the ML (Mark Levison system) that comes with the dvd changer thus gives you the ability to watch dvds while parking brake is engaged.
Old 07-28-08, 10:34 AM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ICEDGS3-RZ
Hello Everyone...I just joined this forum and I wanted to compliment all the members that shared their experience and information...I currently own a 06 GS 300 AWD and this might be a stupid question....pls accept my apologies if I'm posting this in a wrong forum..

My question is: Does ALL GS300 (third gen) that has a mapDVD "can" play regular DVD movies?

Thanks!!!

The DVD player in the glove box is dedicated for the NAV system, only the Mark Levinson Audio system has DVD player abilities.
Old 07-28-08, 02:03 PM
ICEDGS3-RZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks EyeKutr and WhllKev.....for that information....
Old 07-28-08, 02:28 PM
EyeKutr

You are welcome !!
Old 07-31-08, 04:33 PM
saeed_ss
Driver School Candidate

I got one quistion only

how i hack the DVD only ?

I dont need the NAV in motion

is there is any steps without cutting wires or simple way ?
Old 07-31-08, 06:58 PM
EyeKutr

Originally Posted by saeed_ss
I got one quistion only

how i hack the DVD only ?

I dont need the NAV in motion

is there is any steps without cutting wires or simple way ?
Only non-wire cutting way is this
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317601
Old 08-05-08, 09:35 AM
needlejeff
Driver School Candidate

Talking nav/dvd bypass

I am a believer!!! It can be done!!!! I bought the nav/dvd bypass harness for my 2008 GS from prestigioussociety.com and our fellow cl Rominl did the install and it works great!!! Everything works as advertised. A little expensive, but....... Thanks again Rominl for a job well done.
Old 08-19-08, 11:31 PM
omniskye
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just received the plug-and-play kit earlier this week and will be trying to install it later this weekend.

i have already seen the other post with pictures, etc. that show how to remove the center console, etc. my question is: it tells you to pry the cover open with a screwdriver in the first step. was this easy to do? just the thought of "prying" makes me feel nervous when i jsut bought this car 2 weeks ago. was this easy to do?
Old 08-20-08, 03:53 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

If you are talking about the center console panel, if you open the storage compartment door, you can get a good finger grip under the edge and get it started coming up and then get it off (after you take off the shifter ***). or a little nudge under the edge with a screwdriver will do. you don't really have to pry it. if you are talking about that little plastic strip above the ash tray, yes you have to pry a little there. no way to get ahold of it otherwise. just slide a small screwdriver in there and move it around a bit. you'll see where the snap ins are. it will pop out.
Old 08-23-08, 12:06 AM
omniskye
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was able to do it. toughest part was taking that plastic off located above the ashtray. thanks so much for everybody's help on this forum.

btw, some peeps had recommended to have a friend hold the nav unit while the other person does the cable plugging . i highly recommend that as well. i did this by myself, but think i would have been less nervous with a friend holding the unit while i do the plugging.

also, another tip....before removing the 4 10mm bolts to pull out the nav unit, i recommend laying a towel underneath the unit. i did this as a precaution as my ratchet was not magnetic and while unscrewing the bolt, it fell and was caught by the towel. otherwise, the bolts would have just fell into the abyss in the car somewhere.
Old 08-27-08, 04:06 PM
rmedine
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth Valet - Contact infor

Originally Posted by rmedine
Hey everyone, just got a 08 GS350 and had a company in Socal (Bluetooth Valet) do all the nav override, phone override, dvd override, iphone integration and sirius sat radio utilizing the shark fin antenna. They did an amazing job. came to my house did it in my garage in less than 2 hrs! Highly recommended! They are based in San Diego but I live in LA. Also when you sell or get rid of the car they uninstall everything and put it into your new Lexus for a very small fee.

I know most people can follow the directions above but I was uncomforable cutting wires and stuff.
I've gotten many PMs asking for the contact information for Bluetooth Valet here in Southern California to do all the DVD/NAV, phone, etc. mods...Here it is for anyone else. Give this guy a call, he did a great job and it was really fast.

Bluetooth Valet
Greg Gattuso
(760) 670-5078

Hope this helps
Old 09-02-08, 07:30 AM
lonwa
Rookie

How much did it cost to have them do all of that work?

I am interested in:
NAV/phone hack (I do not have the ML system)
IPod intergration kit.

Thanks
Old 09-02-08, 08:17 AM
rmedine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lonwa
How much did it cost to have them do all of that work?

I am interested in:
NAV/phone hack (I do not have the ML system)
IPod intergration kit.

Thanks
For everything that I got done it was like $1,500. Here is an approx breakdown.

Sirius: 700
Extra wire to allow use of shark fin antenna: 100
Unlock Nav/DVD/phone: 200 (its a bypass that they do that does everything at once so you can't pick and choose what you want. You just get it all done for about 200.
iphone/ipod integration: 350-400
Old 09-02-08, 09:49 AM
lonwa
Rookie

Did they charge extra to come up to LA?

Thanks for the info!
Old 09-02-08, 10:09 AM
rmedine
Driver School Candidate

No they didn't. They come up to LA a couple of times each week for installs so they will just schedule you one one of those days. They don't like to come to LA on weekends so I had to schedule it during the afternoon one day during the week.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen GS Nav Bluetooth DVD mods thread