GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

disable TPMS warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-07, 02:53 AM
pepus_cz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disable TPMS warning

Hi there,
my father has bought for his GS450h a new aftermarket winter wheels set. Of course there was no TPMS sensor on the wheels and he is not willing to have such a stupid thing on his BBS. But the LED diod is REALLY annoying + on the BC display is still some stupid warning (so I don't see if it recuperates or not). Isn't there any chance to get rid of this? I'm not used to such a things from my BMW
Old 10-29-07, 05:43 AM
jbrinkley
Driver School Candidate

someone will figure this out eventually
it's just a matter of time.
if euro cars have a work around you can only assume that these would to, it just takes a while for some genius to find it
I'm waiting for it also
Old 10-29-07, 07:26 AM
GSJeff
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The solution that most have used when they do not want to put the sensors in the rims is to put all 4 sensors in a small wheel, like a wheel barrow or cart wheel, and then inflate the tire. Put the wheel with the sensors in the trunk of the car and you will be all set.

Make sure you use the sensors that came with the car. If you do not have them and buy new ones, make sure to write down the sensor numbers and then have a dealer register the sensors with the car.
The following users liked this post:
ron44ald (10-25-20)
Old 10-29-07, 11:30 AM
lossimo
Driver

Originally Posted by GSJeff
Make sure you use the sensors that came with the car. If you do not have them and buy new ones, make sure to write down the sensor numbers and then have a dealer register the sensors with the car.

So the car can recognize more than one set of sensors?
I was wondering if the sensors had to be programmed to the car or the car programmed to the sensors.

I wish we already had a bypass for this.
Old 10-29-07, 01:16 PM
mi330
Driver School Candidate

Default Wheel sensors

I put a second set of 5 spoke wheels with all season tires on my 06 GS 300 with no sensors installed. Initially the sensor warning light was on. After about 2 tanks of gas or so, the light went off on its own. When I put the OEM set of wheels/tires with the sensors back on the car about 5mos later the sensor light never came on, no problems. I now have a GS 350 and plan to put the same set of 5 spoke wheels/all season tires/no sensors on the car in a few days for the winter. Hope the sensor light goes off on its own like it did on the GS 300.
Old 10-29-07, 01:42 PM
pepus_cz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSJeff
The solution that most have used when they do not want to put the sensors in the rims is to put all 4 sensors in a small wheel, like a wheel barrow or cart wheel, and then inflate the tire. Put the wheel with the sensors in the trunk of the car and you will be all set.

great idea
Old 10-29-07, 05:56 PM
**FL Lex**
Driver

I wouldn't hold your breathe on that, have read countless stories of the light coming on and staying on...
Old 10-29-07, 06:06 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lossimo
So the car can recognize more than one set of sensors?
Yes, there is a selector switch under the glove box.
Old 10-29-07, 07:06 PM
tjp74
Driver

So what's wrong with having sensors installed on the aftermarket wheel? I think i want to be notfied if I have a low pressure. Sometimes with these extra low profile tires it's hard to see if pressure is ok. I am too lazy and don't have time to check the pressure on 4 tires every time I get on the car.
Old 10-30-07, 08:26 AM
GSJeff
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have after market rims but there seem to be two options that are talked about. Drilling out the rims so the TPMS' fit or strapping them to your rims. Neither seem like great ideas to many people so the option is the sensors in the trunk.

Having changed out tire/rims/tpms to the 18" optional Tourmalines I did have to go through the pain of having new TPMS registration with the car. It is the sensors to the car.
Old 10-31-07, 06:41 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Default TPMS for two sets of tires

On the 2007 ES350 the button under the passenger side of the dash looks like the attached photo. Using this button a person can quickly switch the TPMS between two sets of tires.
Attached Thumbnails disable TPMS warning-es350-1.jpg  
Old 10-31-07, 11:43 AM
LAMPRO
Driver School Candidate

anyone notice this on the gs 07?
Old 10-31-07, 01:55 PM
**FL Lex**
Driver

just looked, it is indeed there.....How hard is it to drill holes in aftermarket rims and add the sensors?
Old 10-31-07, 05:53 PM
Redmotors
Driver School Candidate

Flex, they sell adapters for the TPMS sensors so you don't have to drill new holes. I think they attach to the valve stems. Check the mods section, I believe there is a post about it with pics.
Old 10-31-07, 07:01 PM
**FL Lex**
Driver

thanks Red, I emailed a couple people, hope they make an adapter that fits my wheels now!

Quick Reply: disable TPMS warning