GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bluetooth Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-07, 04:23 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bluetooth Rocks!

I use technology but I'm not into it as a lot of other people. I do what I have to at work. At home, it's just internet play. So it usually takes me a little longer to get into tech toys.
This weekend, I got a new razor phone...I think that's what it's called. It has the the bluetooth capability. Now, I never cared about that stuff. Didn't buy the phone because of it. I just wanted a phone with a camera. My wife talked me into buying a fancy phone. Today I remembered the GS has bluetooth capability. It's something I never planned on using but I started playing around and got it connected. I was actually driving and talking through the car. What a blast. It was cool. I may get into this tech stuff more.

Can anyone tell me, is this using hands free in the car gonna cost me anything? Is there an extra charge or fee on my cell bill? Heck, I don't know about this stuff.
Old 10-15-07, 05:18 PM
Corey140
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me, is this using hands free in the car gonna cost me anything? Is there an extra charge or fee on my cell bill? Heck, I don't know about this stuff.
Nope. Think of it like this. You have a corded phone in the house (your cell phone). When you want to go to another room, you get the cordless (bluetooth).
Old 10-15-07, 07:14 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woo whoo!!!
Old 10-15-07, 10:29 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek

NO, NO, NO!! its not gonna cost you crap! its just a feature on your phone. Now you have to get the BT hack done so you can dial #'s and use the features of your car that Lexus blocks you from using due to "safety"!!

My question to you is.........a RAZOR???? i thought your wife talked you into a "fancy" phone??!!! think about how fancy a phone is that you actually pay $500-$700 for, not one you probably got for free for resigning your plan for another 2 years!!! Phones are freakin rediculous now-a-days!
Old 10-15-07, 10:47 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wait until he gets a blackberry or iphone, he is going to hug it to sleep for the things it can do
Old 10-16-07, 04:53 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
NO, NO, NO!! its not gonna cost you crap! its just a feature on your phone. Now you have to get the BT hack done so you can dial #'s and use the features of your car that Lexus blocks you from using due to "safety"!!

My question to you is.........a RAZOR???? i thought your wife talked you into a "fancy" phone??!!! think about how fancy a phone is that you actually pay $500-$700 for, not one you probably got for free for resigning your plan for another 2 years!!! Phones are freakin rediculous now-a-days!
This one also has internet....what else does these things do?
Remember, I haven't paid much attention to this stuff. I just wanted a phone that took pics. And it wasn't free. I wasn't eligible for phone upgrade yet. This was full price minus discounts.
Old 10-16-07, 06:01 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I hear you Reggie, I'm only quick on techology that I use day to day. I have a cell / pda / etc etc but I dont have a ipod!!

I just never get around to it! So I know how you feel
Old 10-16-07, 06:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I hear you Reggie, I'm only quick on techology that I use day to day. I have a cell / pda / etc etc but I dont have a ipod!!

I just never get around to it! So I know how you feel
What does ipod do?
Old 10-16-07, 06:50 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek
What does ipod do?

It plays compressed music.
Old 10-16-07, 07:45 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
It plays compressed music.
He was joking, you know? Or at least I hope he was....
Old 10-16-07, 07:54 PM
Driver School Candidate

Talking A few tips for BT

I picked up the Blackberry Curve for my 2007 GS350. LOVE IT.

But I did learn by trial and error as the dealer was useless for info in my area a few 'must do' to succeed with incoming caller id. First off you must use +1areacodethensevendigitnumber (ie+16025551212) and save it that way on your phone and the car directory to have caller id work properly.(Add the name you want at this point to the car. Speed Dial works best. I use the directory for less often found numbers.)

Anything less and you wont see whos calling with name right away. Normally it takes a few seconds after the call is established to see the incoming caller number only being displayed.<Bummer> Dont worry the +1 portion is simply a cell phone company working parameter and you wont be paying long distance/roaming charges unless you are actually making a long distance call from where you are or roaming.

Relax and enjoy....best plus to the drive comfort I have found. Other than the women who cant help but want to climb into the passenger seat or back seat for a 'ride'
Old 10-16-07, 09:37 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Try NOKIA N95, it is one of newest toy on the market!!!
It has GPS, 5megapixels camera, PDA, video-TV, MP3s, e-mail, internet, bluetooth, and so on... You will LOVE this toy!!!

Way better then Apple's idioticPHONE (iPHONE)!!! I had it for couple days and returned, over price and over the hype!!!
Old 10-16-07, 10:56 PM
safricags
Pole Position

just got a nokia e61i, what an awesome phone!

car loves it, my nokia 9300 kept dropping the connection to the car.
Old 10-17-07, 12:03 AM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE
Way better then Apple's idioticPHONE (iPHONE)!!! I had it for couple days and returned, over price and over the hype!!! [/QUOTE]

lol you dont get props for a sexy phone u get props for having a hyped up phone :P no1 is ever gunna talk about ur phone the way they talk bout the iphone. but it sounds like ur phone kicks some azz
Old 10-17-07, 05:35 PM
lossimo
Driver

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Try NOKIA N95, it is one of newest toy on the market!!!
It has GPS, 5megapixels camera, PDA, video-TV, MP3s, e-mail, internet, bluetooth, and so on... You will LOVE this toy!!!

Way better then Apple's idioticPHONE (iPHONE)!!! I had it for couple days and returned, over price and over the hype!!!
Does it run windows mobile? I need it to run my Sirius thru the phone,I have an old Cingular 2125,but it works well enough as is with the Sirius.

I know the IPhone does not run Sirius(yet).

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Rocks!