GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

NEWS: Tanabe Releases New Products for GS350!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-07, 11:58 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEWS: Tanabe Releases New Products for GS350!!!

Breaking News!!!
As a proud sponsor of Club Lexus, we would like to update fellow CL Members with a few new things that have been going on with Tanabe USA. We also wanted to let the community know that we will be manning the forum with more diligence than in the past, so if you have any technical questions about Tanabe products please reply to the thread, PM, or e-mail us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

We just recieved another shipment of the Tanabe Sustec Pro 7 Coilovers from Japan. They had been backordered for some time and they are finally avalible again for the US market. Tanabe does not sell directly to the public, but if you would like to place an order please contact one of the many Tanabe dealers who sponsor the Club Lexus forum. If you do have any technical questions about the coilovers please post and we will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/SEVEN.asp

We have gotten the OK to release the Sustec Pro Five Coilovers for the GS350 to the US market and should have the first batch arriving to the US this coming month. With the limited amount of suspension options for the third generation GS, the Sustec Pro Five coilovers are yet another option for GS enthusiast. If you would like more information about the coilovers please visit our website or post up any questions that you may have.
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/five.asp

Old 08-30-07, 12:01 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Are there any plans for coilovers for AWD versions of the GS?
Old 08-30-07, 01:08 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

We currently have plans to R&D the AWD GS in the future, but nothing is set in stone as to a final product or release date.
Old 08-31-07, 04:34 PM
KooKar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am torn between the Tanabe and HKS cat back for my 2006 GS430. Any inputs of which is better because I am ready to buy one?
Old 08-31-07, 04:52 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by KooKar
I am torn between the Tanabe and HKS cat back for my 2006 GS430. Any inputs of which is better because I am ready to buy one?
There are a number of distinct features that I believe set Tanabe apart from any other exhaust manufacturer.

-All Tanabe exhaust systems are manufactured in house at Tanabe Japan. Nothing is outsourced to China or Taiwan like many other manufacturers.

-All piping wall thickness is 1.2mm which allows higher amounts of weight reduction.

-The high grade of Stainless Steel piping (SUS304) is durable, highly resistant to corrosion, and aids in reducing in the resonation of the exhaust note.

-Full stainless steel flanges are used.

-Hollow exhaust hangers are used for weight reduction.

-Advantex packing material is highly resistant to heat deterioration and significantly lowers db levels.

-Exhaust systems output under 93db which is street legal in most areas.
Old 08-31-07, 06:58 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

Hey Tanabe, i just had your springs installed on my 06 GS300 AWD today (see todays post at 9:50pmish) .. absolutly love them and yes, they work just fine on the AWD, the dealer even did the install.. Now im interested in the exhaust.. You mention weight reduction a lot, so i'm curious just how much lighter is your setup than the stock system ?

Thanks!
Ron
Old 09-03-07, 09:49 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kuch123
Hey Tanabe, i just had your springs installed on my 06 GS300 AWD today (see todays post at 9:50pmish) .. absolutly love them and yes, they work just fine on the AWD, the dealer even did the install.. Now im interested in the exhaust.. You mention weight reduction a lot, so i'm curious just how much lighter is your setup than the stock system ?

Thanks!
Ron
I am also considering getting the Medallion Touring exhaust this week.
I believe it was mentioned that it weighs 38 lbs. I have no idea how
much the stock system weighs...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...79&postcount=4
Old 09-04-07, 09:09 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kuch123

Thanks!
Ron

Hi Ron,

I dont have two exhaust here to compare, but the exhaust are substantially lighter than stock, up to 40% in alot of cases. Here is a really good article on our site that follows the construction of our exhaust at the Tanabe Shiga Factory.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/manufacturing_exhaust.asp
Old 09-04-07, 03:59 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Here's a picture that I just took of our hollow hangers and lightweight flanges. The solid flange is used where the exhaust system connects to the catalytic converter because of the high heat produced in this area of the exhaust system. All other flanges of the exhaust are our lightweight flanges. There is also quite a bit of weight savings with the hollow hangers vs. your traditional solid hangers.

Old 09-04-07, 05:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Great stuff and great vendor support.
Old 09-05-07, 04:27 PM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

We are currently looking for 2006-2007 GS300 and GS350 AWD to R&D our springs. If you guys want more info on this opportunity, please check it out:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...40#post2894440