GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My friends GS from work. I''m jealous

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-07, 06:58 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I wonder how many miles on it.
Old 08-27-07, 07:35 PM
vip gs
Driver School Candidate

Hey starstreak Im the bf of ur friend at work. Thanks for posting a pic cause i havent really post any new pics after the mods. Honestly the car is both our project car. For me I wanted to build a vip car and her she wanted a new GS. So it kinda worked out for the both of us with this car.

CK6Speed Thanks for clearing everything up on the interpretation of the picture.

Originally Posted by starstreak
lol I wonder how many miles on it.
4000 miles on it now
Old 08-27-07, 08:06 PM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

Any pics of the air setup?
Old 08-27-07, 08:37 PM
vip gs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jokie
Any pics of the air setup?
what pics u looking for? the tank setup or the strut setup.
Old 08-27-07, 10:50 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice to see you on the forums. This is Chris by the way. I met you a few times at Samson's while they were working on your car. It came out great. I love the Aimgain kit. For me that is the best 3G GS kit. I followed your project car from nearly day one. Definitely worthy of the trophy you got.
Old 08-27-07, 11:02 PM
vip gs
Driver School Candidate

Ya ive been on the forums but havent really posted to much. I remember meeting you a few times. What happened with your LS project?
The end result of the GS came out quite well. I gotta thank Samson for that.
Old 08-28-07, 02:36 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vip gs
Ya ive been on the forums but havent really posted to much. I remember meeting you a few times. What happened with your LS project?
The end result of the GS came out quite well. I gotta thank Samson for that.
Your choices in mods were also top notch. Samson is just making a name for himself when it comes to building VIP, VIP Style, or just any modded car.

As for the LS, the wife wanted a smaller car so I bought a 02 BMW 330i with 21K miles on it. I was planning on selling the LS, but I'm in no hurry, so if it doesn't sell, and my Work KF rims I have for it doesn't sell, and my Airrunner kit doesn't sell, I might just install it all and finish the build. Tough decision though because when I calculate the cost to finish a VIP Style car or build up my BMW, the Bimmer seems to come out a lot cheaper. I tried building two project cars before and it isn't easy nor easy on the wallet. I don't think I can afford to build two cars again.

Anyway, now that the show is over I hope you enjoy your car. Also if you enter in future shows good luck. You guys are setting the bar and if I do the LS I'll have to step up my game to compete
Old 08-28-07, 07:28 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, what does Samson drive himself???
Old 08-28-07, 01:58 PM
vip gs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Yang1815
He drives a 02 Acura TL.
Old 08-28-07, 02:34 PM
Franknyc30
Driver

as i stated i dont like that look. even if it can be raised a car that low just doesnt look good to me, but thats just my opinion. those tires are cannot absorb pot holes. the rims can be bent very easily. even if you raise the car it doesnt lower the chances of damaging your rims and tires
Old 08-28-07, 04:36 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Franknyc30
as i stated i dont like that look. even if it can be raised a car that low just doesn't look good to me, but thats just my opinion. those tires are cannot absorb pot holes. the rims can be bent very easily. even if you raise the car it doesn't lower the chances of damaging your rims and tires
You can alway just use different rims. I can't speak for the owner of this car, but often when I enter car shows I have different car show rims, and a lot of different mods just for the show. Once the show is over I would take them off. Part of it is because I don't want to damage the show pieces, and also sometimes a mod or two is done specifically for one car show or another. For example. Hot Import Nights is a night show where they turn down the lights. Shows like this is when you need more lighting mods because basically you can't see the cars since it is in the dark. Cars that light up stand out.

Building a show car is an entirely different game than building a modded daily driver. Some owners will build a car to play both roles, and some might build two entirely different themes on the same car for each. Plus, every car show you need to have something different. Rims are the easiest to change because it makes a big visual impact. That is why you see some show car guys going through 3-4 sets of rims a year. Not because they get damaged, but because you have to keep things fresh if you are a show car participant. Then again, that is why a lot of people don't like to enter car shows. Lots of stress to prep the car, and lots of money involved. Doing car shows is not for everyone.
Old 08-28-07, 04:50 PM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vip gs
what pics u looking for? the tank setup or the strut setup.
I like to see the trunk.How much space did it take up.
Old 08-28-07, 05:08 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

vip gs- nice to meet you. I was always jealous hearing about how her car was being modded and mine is "normal". I wanted to do the mirrors like you guys did.
I didnt make it to the show. Do you have pics of the inside? Also, how much would it be if I had you guys do the dvd mod for my gs? My son keeps asking to watch the dvd while we're moving and well, you know how that goes.

Last edited by starstreak; 08-28-07 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-28-07, 09:25 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Very nice. I like it.
Old 08-28-07, 09:57 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yang1815

thanks to chris and his gf for giving me an opportunity to work on their bad *** lexus.

Last edited by REV-01; 08-28-07 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: My friends GS from work. I''m jealous