GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How much is dealer cost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 11:57 PM
delirium
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is dealer cost?

I have a friend that can get dealer cost for a Lexus (toyota employee discount). What does that amount to? Is that the invoice price or is that lower than invoice price?
Old 07-26-07, 08:08 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just ask your friend?

I'd assume invoice.
Old 07-26-07, 10:05 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by delirium
I have a friend that can get dealer cost for a Lexus (toyota employee discount). What does that amount to? Is that the invoice price or is that lower than invoice price?
Duh, ask your friend!!!
Old 07-26-07, 10:18 AM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

Ask your buddy and let us know the invoice....thanks
Old 07-26-07, 10:27 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no. it's way below invoice.... because you don't pay the BS fees that dealers tack on. And I believe you don't pay destination. But if you do, destination costs like $440.

So the "dealer cost" comes out to 16-16.5% off msrp plus the $300 tip you give to your friend for the trouble.
Old 07-26-07, 10:31 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexusgs408
Ask your buddy and let us know the invoice....thanks
You probably meant something else than what you wrote, because invoice information is publicly available at edmunds.com, carsdirect.com and plenty of other sites.
Old 07-26-07, 10:35 AM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
no. it's way below invoice.... because you don't pay the BS fees that dealers tack on. And I believe you don't pay destination. But if you do, destination costs like $440.

So the "dealer cost" comes out to 16-16.5% off msrp plus the $300 tip you give to your friend for the trouble.

Why do you call it BS fees? Are you an employee or employer? Every business has a cost that must be passed on to the consumer. Sorry for the rant (and I'll keep it brief), but ya'll have to stop your moaning regarding the cost of a car and the indirect attacks you put on dealerships.

Do you know how much it costs to maintain a 5 acre facility? Inventory? Payroll? Utilities? Local and state permits and fees? And no matter what business you own, it costs 30%+ more in California! They have a right to charge accordingly just as you have a right to patronize any business you choose. Sheesh!

Thanks for listening.
Old 07-26-07, 10:36 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

"Way" below invoice? I seriously doubt it. I would guess no more than 2-3% below invoice.
Old 07-26-07, 10:43 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Modeler
"Way" below invoice? I seriously doubt it. I would guess no more than 2-3% below invoice.
dealer invoice on paper is ~89%.

As i said above, dealer cost is about 83-84% depending on what options you choose.

I have seen the employee price printout sheet. I'm not guessing. No BS here.
Old 07-26-07, 10:47 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bushwack
Why do you call it BS fees? Are you an employee or employer? Every business has a cost that must be passed on to the consumer. Sorry for the rant (and I'll keep it brief), but ya'll have to stop your moaning regarding the cost of a car and the indirect attacks you put on dealerships.

Do you know how much it costs to maintain a 5 acre facility? Inventory? Payroll? Utilities? Local and state permits and fees? And no matter what business you own, it costs 30%+ more in California! They have a right to charge accordingly just as you have a right to patronize any business you choose. Sheesh!

Thanks for listening.

that's all fine. But i still like to call it all "BS" fees. Just my preference.

If you see the itemized cost, you'd understand. PDI fee for example.... is ridiculous.

remember, dealerships survive on many other things besides vehicle sales. And most people pay over invoice. so chillout a little.
Old 07-26-07, 11:20 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

dealer invoice on paper is ~89%.

As i said above, dealer cost is about 83-84% depending on what options you choose.

I have seen the employee price printout sheet.
I agree. I, too, have seen the printouts...
Old 07-26-07, 07:48 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Wink I Agree

Originally Posted by Bushwack

Thanks for listening.
I have to agree. Some of you act like the dealers are committing a crime when they make a profit. Good grief! What do you people do for a living? And thinking the other parts of the business can make up for the minimal revenue that the sales departments would be making if they sold to everybody at less than invoice? Get real!
Old 07-27-07, 05:27 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by StevenC56
I have to agree. Some of you act like the dealers are committing a crime when they make a profit. Good grief! What do you people do for a living? And thinking the other parts of the business can make up for the minimal revenue that the sales departments would be making if they sold to everybody at less than invoice? Get real!
No kidding.
Old 07-27-07, 05:35 AM
leestoy
Driver

Why Don't You Guys Stop Ranting And Raving About What Dealer Cost And Invoice Is And How Much Dealers Have On Their Overhead And Just Have Him Check With His Friend..... Just My $.02.... That Would Stop All This Back And Forth......
Old 07-27-07, 05:36 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by leestoy
Why Don't You Guys Stop Ranting And Raving About What Dealer Cost And Invoice Is And How Much Dealers Have On Their Overhead And Just Have Him Check With His Friend..... Just My $.02.... That Would Stop All This Back And Forth......
Um he's the one who started the thread without asking his friend in the first place so...

Quick Reply: How much is dealer cost?