GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

bluetooth auto connect

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-07, 10:33 PM
halohalo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth auto connect

I have the 2006 GS 300. Anyone knows how to disable auto connect to for the bluetooth? My friend who has the 2007 GS 350 has the option to disable the auto connect feature. Can my car do the same?
Old 06-26-07, 05:48 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 07 GS350 and the instructions to disable the auto connect for Bluetooth is easily spelled out in the owners manual. Not to sound sarcastic but have checked the owners manual? I would think that the Bluetooth systems between the 06 GS300 to the GS350 are not significantly different.
Old 06-26-07, 08:18 AM
mixonchik
Rookie

i dont have a manual, can somebody please! help me to enable auto connect b/c its not working for me! thanks a lot
Old 06-26-07, 11:52 AM
Lexaholic
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2006 GS 300 and it's not the car that enables auto connect, its the phone. The car will always look for your paired device, but you need to make sure the phone will always broadcast to connect to your car. I had to enable this feature on my BB 8800.
Old 06-26-07, 01:24 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Can you turn off your BT on the phone? Or do you need it for an earpiece?
Old 06-26-07, 05:07 PM
halohalo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexaholic
I have a 2006 GS 300 and it's not the car that enables auto connect, its the phone. The car will always look for your paired device, but you need to make sure the phone will always broadcast to connect to your car. I had to enable this feature on my BB 8800.
The reason i asked was because i don't want the car to always to look for my phone. This is because the car would "beep" when i have the bluetooth in my phone disabled (which i find very irritating). And unlike the 07 GS350, the 06 GS300 has no clear instruction on how we can disable the auto connect.
Old 06-27-07, 01:19 AM
phattbam
Lead Lap

I think if you go to the settings and delete the phone from your Car's BT phone list it wouldnt auto connect with it anymore. worth a try, but I think it's possibel to disable auto connect, I'll check with my '07 tomorrow morning.
Old 06-27-07, 03:13 AM
halohalo
Driver School Candidate

yes actually deleting the phone from the bt list will disable auto connect. however i don't think this is a convenient solution as sometimes i like my phone to be connected and sometimes i like it disconnected. this solution will require me to pair my phone all over again with the car unlike the 07 gs where u have the option of pushing a button to disable auto connect.
Old 06-27-07, 06:52 AM
mixonchik
Rookie

used to get into my car with my old phone Moto Razr V3 and it used to connect with the car bluetooth handsfree in seconds with no problems. I have bought a new phone which is the same but instead of Moto Razr V3 i bought Moto Razr V3i. It's doesn't seem to connect automatically and i have done so many things to try it. it does connect when I try to connect manually going thru all the settings/register etc. any reason anybody can think of?
Old 06-27-07, 07:54 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mixonchik
used to get into my car with my old phone Moto Razr V3 and it used to connect with the car bluetooth handsfree in seconds with no problems. I have bought a new phone which is the same but instead of Moto Razr V3 i bought Moto Razr V3i. It's doesn't seem to connect automatically and i have done so many things to try it. it does connect when I try to connect manually going thru all the settings/register etc. any reason anybody can think of?

Can you get your phone book to download?
Old 06-27-07, 01:01 PM
mixonchik
Rookie

yes i can. one by one item and have to manually reconnect every time one item is transfered.
Old 06-27-07, 02:52 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mixonchik
Go TOOLS, Bluetooth, Audio devices and turn Bluetooth ON. From then on, everytime you start the car it will give you the msg that bluetooth is enabled.
Old 06-27-07, 04:11 PM
phattbam
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by halohalo
yes actually deleting the phone from the bt list will disable auto connect. however i don't think this is a convenient solution as sometimes i like my phone to be connected and sometimes i like it disconnected. this solution will require me to pair my phone all over again with the car unlike the 07 gs where u have the option of pushing a button to disable auto connect.
I'm unsure with the '06. but if you dont want it to autoconnect, turn BT off on your phone. maybe set BT as a shortcut on it.
Old 06-28-07, 06:12 AM
mixonchik
Rookie

hughh, its on... there must be some other reason...
Old 06-28-07, 06:51 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Try to pick a phone number and hit send on your menu and see if BT picks it up for the phone book. Depending on your phone, you can send at least one number to your phonebook without typing it in manually.

Quick Reply: bluetooth auto connect