GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Finally, got VentureShield ClearBra installed (details inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 12:09 PM
flyfl1pguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I can see it on the black car. . WHo cares about the lines atleast your car is chip free. . .
Old 06-26-07, 01:04 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dk0515
Does anyone have any experience with VS warrenty for the film turning yellow. I've read in other posts that VS states they do cover yellowing but it's hard to get them to actually cover it. Where as, 3M will cover it with no problems. VS warrenty is lifetime and 3M is only 5 years.

I don't know if these statements are true but I would like to know if VS will cover yellowing without much problems.
I don't want to be a spokesperson for VS, unless if they are reading this and will hire me part time The warranty does cover yellowing, and I was reassured that everything going to be covered. Time will only tell, and I hope it will not turn yellow. From the end of the last year, they switched to a new improved material which absolutely clear, no UV, and no yellowing effect.
Old 06-26-07, 06:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by dk0515
Does anyone have any experience with VS warrenty for the film turning yellow. I've read in other posts that VS states they do cover yellowing but it's hard to get them to actually cover it. Where as, 3M will cover it with no problems. VS warrenty is lifetime and 3M is only 5 years.

I don't know if these statements are true but I would like to know if VS will cover yellowing without much problems.
That usually depends on the installer. My installer Aerotect got me to switch from 3M to Venture. The older variations of Venture Tape did not have a clear coat and was more prone to yellowing. Advancements have been made in their newest material, so resistance to yellowing has obviously gotten better, especially with the clear coated surface.
Old 06-27-07, 09:54 AM
dk0515
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for both of your inputs
Old 06-27-07, 10:57 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
yeah I can see it on the black car. . WHo cares about the lines atleast your car is chip free. . .
I agree. The front end of my GS is a mess after 2 years of So. Cal. driving.
Old 09-17-07, 03:00 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

woo, so close to my house, i'll give aerotech a call once i get mine.

Any idea how much to expect for clearbra on the bumper alone?
Old 09-17-07, 03:28 PM
GryPhantom
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know any reliable place in Houston, TX for the Venture Clear Bra installation?
Old 09-17-07, 04:59 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

I too just installed VS on my black GS....did it when I took it in for my tint job. My installation was quite a bit higher than the prices I've seen on this post. My coverage was for the front bumper, hood, mirrors, headlights and fogs, and the sides of the doors. I was sold on the lifetime warranty as compared to 3M's 5 year warranty. I just called my installer to ask why my hood coverage is not as high as some pics I've seen. I was very hesitant to get the VS because I thought it would look tacky.....but after one week of driving and rock chips...there was no other alternative but to get the VS installed....glad I did.

GryPhantom....go to the 1st page of this thread to the hyperlink of VS....it states there are 3-4 in Texas...one of which is in Houston at Enpro Dist.
Old 09-17-07, 05:21 PM
lossimo
Driver

Originally Posted by Yang1815
$475 is a good deal!
Crap, I paid $775 cash one year ago from a joint highly reccomended on this site.I noticed one of my headlights had a mis-cut,but I said never mind about bringing it back.I am still trying to pull the stick out of my A-- from that job.
Old 09-17-07, 08:13 PM
Firstlps
Driver

Originally Posted by GryPhantom
Anyone know any reliable place in Houston, TX for the Venture Clear Bra installation?
I went to Xpert auto tint on Southwest Fwy a guy name Sunny did a good job.
A club Lexus member Exp_cougar suggested him. I am happy with his work.
Attached Thumbnails Finally, got VentureShield ClearBra installed (details inside)-img_0129.jpg  
Old 09-19-07, 02:21 PM
GryPhantom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Firstlps
I went to Xpert auto tint on Southwest Fwy a guy name Sunny did a good job.
A club Lexus member Exp_cougar suggested him. I am happy with his work.
How much did you pay? What kit did you get? He refered Clear Shield over the Venture Shield. Which one did you get?
Old 09-24-07, 01:53 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GryPhantom
How much did you pay? What kit did you get? He refered Clear Shield over the Venture Shield. Which one did you get?
I got VentureShield, and I think Firstlps got it too, but not sure. I paid just under $700 with tax (I think).

Regarding yellowing, I have a Starfire Pearl (basically white) and any yellowing becomes instantly noticeable. I actually noticed slight yellowing under the bright sun the other day and took it in to Xpert Tint to let Sunny have a look at it. Sunny promptly promised to exchange the clear bra with Clear Shield (I believe) - he said he has had some problems with Ventureshield yellowing prematurely (and I've only had it on for less than 9 months) and that he believes Clear Shield will hold up much better.

So not sure whether or not Venture will uphold their end of the warranty, but Sunny certainly stands behind his work! I'll try to take pics before/during/after, if weather cooperates when I get the replacement done.

Last edited by EXP_Cougar; 09-24-07 at 01:59 PM. Reason: pricing info
Old 09-24-07, 02:38 PM
GryPhantom
Driver School Candidate

Thanks EXP Cougar,

Yeah he told me the same thing. He refered me the Clear Shield. I have not hear of it much but sounds like he know what he is talking about.

I will tell him that you refered me there. Thanks for the info.