GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Successful DVD-Audio Disc with ML system!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-10, 07:24 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...dvd-audio.html
Old 01-18-15, 01:32 PM
sundiegojc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTS Audio CD playback???

Hi DrexLex,
I realize that I am replying to a very old post, but I am I puzzled by your post (excerpt below) that implies that DTS audio CDs will play on the ML system?
I just took delivery of a 2015 GS450h with the ML system. It does not seem to play DTS audio of any type; neither DTS audio CDs (retail or home-made) nor DVD-Audio (or DVD-video for that matter).
Did I read your post correctly, and back in 2007 the ML system did play back the DTS audio CD format? The closest I get is the disc being recognized by Gracenote, and theML showing disc playback progress, but no audio.
FYI, the same thing occurs when I attempt to play back a DVD-video or DVD-Audio and select the DTS audio track from their setup menu.

[QUOTE=....
In addition, the ML system can play back only 2 channels of PCM from DVD-A. So don’t bother making any source files with more than 2 channels. If you have a source of 5.1 programming, then you’re better off making a 5.1 Dolby Digital DVD, or make a DTS CD. Both of those will play perfectly and preserve the discrete 5.1 quality. ....[/QUOTE]
Old 01-19-15, 10:32 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sundiegojc
Hi DrexLex,
I realize that I am replying to a very old post, but I am I puzzled by your post (excerpt below) that implies that DTS audio CDs will play on the ML system?
I just took delivery of a 2015 GS450h with the ML system. It does not seem to play DTS audio of any type; neither DTS audio CDs (retail or home-made) nor DVD-Audio (or DVD-video for that matter).
Did I read your post correctly, and back in 2007 the ML system did play back the DTS audio CD format? The closest I get is the disc being recognized by Gracenote, and theML showing disc playback progress, but no audio.
FYI, the same thing occurs when I attempt to play back a DVD-video or DVD-Audio and select the DTS audio track from their setup menu.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...diophiles.html Solution here!
Old 01-20-15, 01:03 AM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sundiegojc
Hi DrexLex,
Did I read your post correctly, and back in 2007 the ML system did play back the DTS audio CD format?
Yes, I was discussing the operation of a 2006 ML system. I see that things have changed since then.
Old 01-20-15, 05:13 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I quite sure that the 4th generation ML system (on my GS 2015) does not play DTS tracks of any type, there is no decoder. However, my previous LS 2007, which I believe has the same system as the 3rd generation GS, was able to decode DTS. I know this as I created separate DTS discs since the ML system could not use 5.1 surround from the high quality DVD-A PCM streams.

I think Afrosheen and I are searching for a way to use the high quality DVD-A streams on the disc in the current generation ML system. If anyone knows how to do this, please post!
Old 01-24-17, 09:18 AM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bringing back an old thread I know, but I just got my 06 GS, and I am trying to figure out the best way to record DVD-Audio tracks onto my DVD-R's and get them to play. I know this thread talked about a couple software's to get it done, but it is an several years old, now and wanted to see if anybody has a way that works now. In ITunes it shows I can record DVD, and I tried it but the car wont play anything, didn't recognize the disc, I was hoping ITunes had something figured out by now for this but guess not. Can someone please help guide me on this. THX!!!
Old 01-30-17, 06:00 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by whytry
Bringing back an old thread I know, but I just got my 06 GS, and I am trying to figure out the best way to record DVD-Audio tracks onto my DVD-R's and get them to play. I know this thread talked about a couple software's to get it done, but it is an several years old, now and wanted to see if anybody has a way that works now. In ITunes it shows I can record DVD, and I tried it but the car wont play anything, didn't recognize the disc, I was hoping ITunes had something figured out by now for this but guess not. Can someone please help guide me on this. THX!!!
Go up a few replies and follow the link I posted with solution here. You'll need cirlinca solo. Tried and true method.
Old 04-18-17, 12:37 PM
NoneSoVile
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

do a search for lplex. youll thank me later.