GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fujita Intake Installation & Video Clips!

Old 02-24-07, 05:26 PM
conclevage
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Fujita Intake Installation & Video Clips!

Hey guys,

I'm back again with a new mod...the Fujita Air Intake. Initially, I planned on creating a step-by-step installation guide; however, after opening the Fujita package, I realized they supplied a very nice one...very user-friendly.

Just follow the steps and you should be good to go...it only took me about an hour to complete everything.

I am very satisfied with the intake. It gives the car a deeper sound. I've provided a couple of video clips of before & after via YouTube.

There are two things I'd like to suggest after installing the new intake...I used a couple of tie wraps to organize some of the wires since they are no longer secured to the new intake.

Here are some pics of the installed Fujita Intake:

Notice the tie wrap:

Another tie wrap:

Video clip of factory intake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2ZWSfeezI

Video clip of aftermarket intake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8hih8bVAms

Lemme know what you guys think!
Old 02-25-07, 12:22 AM
kissbang
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! It looks pretty damn cool. So you didn't keep the stock inlet on? The engine covers still fit over the new intake, right?

Do you feel any change in the feel of the throttle?
Old 02-25-07, 09:37 AM
conclevage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kissbang
Very nice! It looks pretty damn cool. So you didn't keep the stock inlet on? The engine covers still fit over the new intake, right?

Do you feel any change in the feel of the throttle?
The engine covers still fit over the new intake...no problem at all.

When you punch it off the line, you can definitely feel a change of the throttle...a nice deeper sound...the video clips don't do 100% justice of the intake but you can still tell that there is more "bass."

No more having to pay 50 bucs at the lexus dealership for a new air filter! I think the Fujita filter is around 30 bucs on line and will be VERY easy to replace.
Old 02-25-07, 05:26 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Nice Mark! Glad to hear you like the sound and notice a little more "pop" in the engine response.... now, if F5 would just release the kit for the 350 engine..... waiting, waiting,....... :-<
Old 02-26-07, 01:10 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

so you CAN still cover everything? That engine looks ugly without the cover. Not your engine per say, but the Lexus engine.
Hey, driving the same way you do (maning youre not flooring it more) should you get better gas milage?
Old 02-26-07, 06:50 AM
conclevage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by starstreak
so you CAN still cover everything? That engine looks ugly without the cover. Not your engine per say, but the Lexus engine.
Hey, driving the same way you do (maning youre not flooring it more) should you get better gas milage?
Yes - you can still cover everything...which is a good thing...not flooring it should get you better gas mileage...but let me tell u...when this intake growls when you punch it...it makes you want to floor it everytime off the line
Old 02-26-07, 05:56 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Nice!!!
I agree. The cover needs to go back on!!
Old 02-28-07, 07:31 PM
Jai015
Driver School Candidate

Sounds good!
Old 02-28-07, 11:11 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Very sweet...
Ur thread has encouraged me to put the Fujita on my "I want-must get" list...
Old 03-01-07, 06:33 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks and sounds great
Old 03-06-07, 01:47 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice, I actually like the look of the engine w/o the covers on, especially with the new intake!
Old 03-07-07, 03:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice mod... You can always polish the intake plenum to match the Fujita.. Looks good.
Old 03-18-07, 06:10 PM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

Does the computer need to be reset or does it automatically calibrate itself for the improved air flow? Will this intake present a problem when you bring it into the dealership for servicing? Thanks.
Old 03-20-07, 07:28 AM
conclevage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CrazyTrain
Does the computer need to be reset or does it automatically calibrate itself for the improved air flow? Will this intake present a problem when you bring it into the dealership for servicing? Thanks.
At 1st, I had no problems at all. After a couple hundred miles, the check engine light popped up...so did the Check VSC message. This is because the MAF Sensor is dirty from the new intake/air filter. The solution is to buy some MAF Sensor cleaner (Less than 5 dollars) and spray the small sensor until it's clean again. I've heard that after a few months, the sensor remains clean and stable. I'd recommend cleaning the sensor every couple of months. The computer does not need to be reset. The intake shouldn't present a problem when you bring it into the dealership for servicing...the good news is that you will no longer need to buy the rip-off $50 air filter that Lexus charges. The aftermarket Fujita air filter costs around 30-35 dollars.

Props to Eternity Dave for helping me find the solution!

Check out this similar guide: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/kno...x_v2&id=50&c=9
Old 03-22-07, 01:08 PM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

Thanks for the input. Last question before I make the purchase is that will the Check engine light and Check VSC message reset or clear automatically once the MAF sensor is cleaned? Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fujita Intake Installation & Video Clips!