GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06, 05:41 AM
ted5469
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lemon Law

After 3 months of my 2007 GS350 awd car being in the shop. My Radio still dosent work right. Technicians came to look at it and there is nothing they can do. I called lexus Corp. They do want to take my calls. The dealership that i got the car from gives me the run-around. I think now it is time to lemon law the car or drive it into the EAST RIVER....

Things that were replaced.

Rear Window
Radio Wire harness (3 times)
Radio (4 times)
Amp. (2 times)
Headliner
Old 12-28-06, 06:49 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ted5469
. I think now it is time to lemon law the car or drive it into the EAST RIVER....
Oh NO... don't drive the car into the river....

Maybe twister can share his experience with you on his ES350
Old 12-28-06, 07:01 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!!! My "lemon law" was based on 2 faulty trannies that were replaced due to a cold start flare and about 1 month of driving loaners during 4 month that I owned that damn ES350 After that, Lexus likes to call it a courtesy "buyback", they offered me a replacement or money back or to get into another Lexus. The actual lemon law has "3 strikes and you out" if the dealership was not able to fix the same problem after 3 times of working on it, and EVERYTHING is documented!!! Based on your track record with radio/antenna replacement, you qualify 100%. If corporate Lexus doesn't want to talk to you, tell them you will be calling BBB, reporting to Consumer Report, JD Power, etc. Before you actually invest any money into lawyers, see what they gonna say about this. I'm afraid that due to the nature of this problem (radio reception), they are not taking you seriously
Old 12-28-06, 07:05 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What do you mean Lexus wont take your calls? I thought they were good at customer service? What are they saying? You've got a problem from what your repair history looks like, I'd suggest asking for a replacement vehicle.
Old 12-28-06, 07:09 AM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Are rattles and such covered by the lemon law or just safety issues? If so, I can see the buyback list getting very long.
Old 12-28-06, 07:12 AM
ted5469
Driver School Candidate

I call Lexus every day now, the person who answers the phone tells me the person who is handle my matter is Unavailable. So now i am up to about 3 calls everyday. I call my dealership and i get VM everytime. I spoke with my salesperson and he didnt care. I have requested a new car acouple of times and no-one gets back to me.
Old 12-28-06, 07:13 AM
ted5469
Driver School Candidate

From what i read. anything that will devalue your car. But i am not 100% sure.
Old 12-28-06, 07:33 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

I found that interesting that the coporate doesn't want to talk with you. I'd try twister's suggestion by telling them that you will call BBB, JD power...etc. Or even local media such as newspaper or tv to do a story on your experience. Media is a powerful tool, it can help a business and it can destroy a business. Just think before you seek that route.
Old 12-28-06, 07:38 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would leave one polite voicemail saying that if you do not get this phone call returned shortly and resolved, then you will seek the assistance of an attorney.
Old 12-28-06, 09:04 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ted5469
I call Lexus every day now, the person who answers the phone tells me the person who is handle my matter is Unavailable. So now i am up to about 3 calls everyday. I call my dealership and i get VM everytime. I spoke with my salesperson and he didnt care. I have requested a new car acouple of times and no-one gets back to me.
This is what happened to me. Every time I would call my customer service rep at Lexus Corp, the person answering the phone would say that he is "unavailable" and that I should leave a message. Well, I called every other day and left 4 messages. Finally, I asked to only deal with his supervisor. I told them I was documenting each time I called and the person I spoke with each time. I was also very clear each time I left a message that it seemed to me that my customer service rep was just avoiding me and that I was NOT going to give up until someone would talk to me. Once my comments were entered into the system and I requested a supervisor, they were more responsive and actually called me back within a day!

Be polite and be persistent! Good luck!
Old 12-28-06, 09:17 AM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

mental note, stay away from 2006-2007 pre-owned Lexus.
Old 12-28-06, 10:35 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of this "mental note", do you believe they are recycling defective buybacks as "pre-owned certified"?
Old 12-28-06, 11:00 AM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
Speaking of this "mental note", do you believe they are recycling defective buybacks as "pre-owned certified"?
Yes, BMW does the same thing. Instead of "lemoning" the car they call it "courtesy buyback" or in the case of BMW "trade assist". Since the car is not technically a lemon they can get away with it. Basically it is hush money for the consumer so they can resell the cars.

I suspect most companies do this now. It should be illegal as it is certainly unethical.
Old 12-28-06, 11:53 AM
knicker
Pole Position

climb the latter man if the supervisor doesnt want to talk with you go to his or her boss and see what you can get done. Somone there will talk its just a matter of finding the right person. let us know what happens
Old 12-28-06, 12:00 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
Just a guess, but a very good one.. They use them for loaners and then.. You know where those go.

Quick Reply: Lemon Law