GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Disconnected Battery, Re-calibrate windows?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 04:42 PM
jiggawho0o
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconnected Battery, Re-calibrate windows?

So I just did the navigation override, but I unplugged the battery to do it first. I guess that was a bad idea because now my windows may need to be re-calibrated.

From the driver's side controls, i can roll down the driver side window only without the Auto. I can not control any of the other windows. The sunroof is not operating correctly, if I hold down or close, itll close and then re-open.

Does anyone know how to re-calibrate the windows? I'd really appreciate it, thank you.
Old 08-27-06, 05:07 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jiggawho0o
So I just did the navigation override, but I unplugged the battery to do it first. I guess that was a bad idea because now my windows may need to be re-calibrated.

From the driver's side controls, i can roll down the driver side window only without the Auto. I can not control any of the other windows. The sunroof is not operating correctly, if I hold down or close, itll close and then re-open.

Does anyone know how to re-calibrate the windows? I'd really appreciate it, thank you.
Hi

All you got to do is go to each window and hold the button down till you hear a click and roll it back up. That's how you "re-calibrate" the windows. Took me a while to figure it out when I installed my HIDs. Hope it helps.

-Mike
Old 08-27-06, 05:20 PM
jiggawho0o
Driver School Candidate

okay did that. Driver side, and back windows all work now with their 'auto'
function. But the passenger side is still malfunctioning as well as the moonroof.

I'm getting an oil change this week, so I can probably ask them to take a look at it. But as I mentioned I just did the nav-hack which i'm pretty sure voids the warranty. When they look at the windows, will they for any reason look behind the nav console?
Old 08-27-06, 08:24 PM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To calibrate the windows, you have to use the switch on the door itself (can't do it from the driver's door for the other doors), roll the window down 1/2 way or so and then roll it back up. When it closes all the way, continue to hold the switch up for a couple more seconds before letting go. Auto up/down should work now on that door. If it doesn't, try again.

To calibrate the moonroof, hold the close button and dont let go until the moonroof stops moving on its own. It will open/close/go up/down as it calibrates itself. Once the moonroof stops moving, you can let go of the close button.

I just did this myself last week because I wanted to reset the ECU, so I know the above procedures work. If you have the integrated parking assist function, you need to calibrate that too. Park on a level surface and with the car running, turn the wheel all the way to the left until you can't turn it anymore. Then turn the wheel all the way to the right until you cant turn it anymore. Drive around the block or so normally for 5-10 minutes and it will self-calibrate.