GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Customer Service Nightmare!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 05:45 PM
Aprazer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Service Nightmare!!!!!

Well, I took my new GS 300 to the dealership for a driver side door hinge that is coming off the body. The door is all F'd up, it won't close right, etc. They are claiming that it is not going to be covered by the warrantee, they say that I must have done it, and there's no way it just came off from opening the door too wide. They blamed it on me!!!!!!!

I told the customer service manger to F off, and I have been making daily calls to the Lexus 800 number.....and so far, they have done NOTHING to help me. I am so unhappy with the way I have been treated, I just want to get rid of the car and buy a BMW, or a Benz.

When you have a brand new 45K car (2000 miles on it) and you take it in for some defect, and they blame it on you.....it really makes a guy mad. I can't believe how bad I have been treated by everybody at Lexus.

I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
Old 07-11-06, 06:43 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Keep doing wht ur doing, plus take it to a different dealership service dept.
Good luck.

Old 07-11-06, 06:55 PM
Aprazer
Driver School Candidate

I took it to a 2nd dealership....and they said that the "district parts and service manager" would have to look at it to make the call. Well, the 1st dealorship already "emailed" him the pictures, and he already said Lexus would not cover it. Same "district" manager, both dealerships. I only have 2 dealerships in Oregon.....and they both suck donkey D.
Old 07-11-06, 08:53 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Gahhh....

Old 07-11-06, 09:31 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must admit something does sound fishy about this, the door problem should have been noticed when you were looking at the car to buy it. If you can see that it is clearly something that Lexus sold you then do persist in getting resolution. I personally have never been turned down by Lexus to service anything on my car and they have replaced a wheel, fixed a known break pulsating issue, and done surgery trying to find creeks and rattles numbers of times at no cost. If you are in the Portland area talk to Mark, he is a great guy and works hard at making their customers happy. Taking your car to Eugene would not be a good idea, damn hippies.
A question I would ask you is how long have you owned your GS? How long ago did your problem start happening? Is the problem getting worse? Can you see the part that is causing the issue? If you feel that there is a clear connection to Lexus and this problem then legal action may be required. This is the first time I have heard anything like this and it does seem a little odd, if this was a Lexus thing I am positive they would have resolved it without any hassle. I hope you get things cleared up for you. GL.

P.S. Getting a Benz or BMW only may make your life more living hell than it is now.

Last edited by Raptor.1; 07-11-06 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 12:32 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

If you can see that it is clearly something that Lexus sold you then do persist in getting resolution. I personally have never been turned down by Lexus to service anything on my car and they have replaced a wheel, fixed a known break pulsating issue, and done surgery trying to find creeks and rattles numbers of times at no cost.
I can say the same. Lexus has been great to me.

Old 07-12-06, 04:57 PM
Aprazer
Driver School Candidate

Raptor.....you sound like the guy at Lexus. "something is fishy" Nothing is fishy. I did check out the car when I bought it. The problem was not there when I bought it. It happened AFTER I bought it. The base plate on the door hinge that is welded to the body (door jam) is coming off! My door wont close properly. The problem has been the same, since the day I opened my car door and heard a loud "pop" noise. I am assuming the "poping" sound was the hinge base plate coming off of the door jam. It is obviously a defect, or was not welded right at the factory. That should not happen.

Anyway, I am pursuing Lexus corporate to get this matter taken care of....since Kendall and Portland both acted like they could care less. For the record....I bought the car in Sacramento, because they had what I was looking for. But that doesn't give other dealers the right to treat me like crap.
Old 07-12-06, 04:59 PM
Aprazer
Driver School Candidate

I bought the car about 2 months ago. I have 4000 miles on it. The problem has not got worse...it is the same.
Old 07-13-06, 05:57 AM
jwa
Pole Position

You can put me on the list of people who have never had any problem getting Lexus to cover problems under warranty. Three concurring opinons leads me to believe that there must be something that makes it at least look like you caused the damage. Did either dealership or the district rep express to you why it's not covered under warranty?
Old 07-13-06, 08:49 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Post some pics.
Old 07-13-06, 09:35 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aprazer
I bought the car about 2 months ago. I have 4000 miles on it. The problem has not got worse...it is the same.
Wow, I've never heard of such an unresponsive dealer, especially with a new car. I've never had any issues with warranty work, even for the most trivial of matters. Most dealerships bend over backwards to please their customers, mainly d/t wanting a high score on the customer survey.

You've taken the right step by taking this to the corporate level. Good luck.
Old 07-13-06, 10:17 AM
drck1000
Driver

My experience with Lexus service hasn't been stellar either. They kept my car for 6 days just to replace an interior trim piece, check on door rattles and check on pulsating brakes. But what got to me is that they admitted to me that they admitted to me that they didn't even look at my car the first day because the tech that was scheduled to work on it left early for a doctor's appointment. Those kinds of excuses just irritate me to no end. On top of that, they said that they didn't have any service loaners available and that my options were to bring the car back in the next day and arrange for a ride home (since they were going to need the car for a few days) or come back in three weeks if I wanted a service loaner. This was after I had waited for 4 weeks go get my car looked at in the first place. This might not sound that bad, but my car was a day old when the pulsating brakes were identified and I even took a tech on a test drive and he confirmed the sound. A call to the service manager to complain got me no where. I ended up calling my sales person (actually the general manager of the sales department) and he got me a loaner in like 5 minutes!

They ended up replacing the rotors and brake pads even though they were in spec, but like 0.06 off, or something like that. In the end, they took care of the major things. I guess my point is that to not forget your sales person in helping you. The sales and service departments are separate and don't always work together to ensure customer satisfaction. In your case, it's tougher since your sales and service departments are not even in the same state! Keep on them and I hope that you get this resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 07-13-06, 11:14 AM
knicker
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Aprazer
Well, I took my new GS 300 to the dealership for a driver side door hinge that is coming off the body. The door is all F'd up, it won't close right, etc. They are claiming that it is not going to be covered by the warrantee, they say that I must have done it, and there's no way it just came off from opening the door too wide. They blamed it on me!!!!!!!

I told the customer service manger to F off, and I have been making daily calls to the Lexus 800 number.....and so far, they have done NOTHING to help me. I am so unhappy with the way I have been treated, I just want to get rid of the car and buy a BMW, or a Benz.

When you have a brand new 45K car (2000 miles on it) and you take it in for some defect, and they blame it on you.....it really makes a guy mad. I can't believe how bad I have been treated by everybody at Lexus.

I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Call the 800 number and if the person doesnt help yout talk to their boss and if they dont help go to their boss.......thats what I would do. Keep getting people on the phone until you you talk to the fuc#in head honcho and raise hell with him/her
Old 07-13-06, 01:56 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Default Photo?

Aprazer,
Can you please some photo so we can fully understand your problem? I only have very nice thing to say about my dealership and I know they would go to great length to do things for me. This must be an unusual circumstance and if you could show us what is the problem you are having. Hope you get this resolve.
Old 07-13-06, 04:36 PM
Aprazer
Driver School Candidate

I'll try to post some pics.

Quick Reply: Customer Service Nightmare!!!!!