GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Why the GS300 over the M35

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 05:42 PM
Kpat82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the GS300 over the M35

This is for those of you who bought the GS300...what made you want to choose this car over the Infiniti M35?
Old 07-11-06, 05:51 PM
HemantS
Driver

Stop! Wait for the GS350 or you'll be sorry!
Old 07-11-06, 06:41 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Better fit and finish, plus it's a Lex. M35 is way kool though, with way more power.
Plus the first time I got in the GS300 I fell in love with it...

Old 07-11-06, 07:07 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M35x negatives : stiff ride, loud engine, ridiculous interior (pretty much
all deal breakers for me).

I will also admit it, the fact that the GS is a Lexus played a fairly
big role in the decision. Infiniti is still 2nd tier and their fit and finish
felt average at best.

Definitely wait a couple of months for the GS350. That fifth gen NAV
system is stunning. It should also be blazing fast, almost V8 fast.
Old 07-12-06, 08:24 AM
Firstlps
Driver

Originally Posted by HemantS
Stop! Wait for the GS350 or you'll be sorry!
I wish I could have waited for the GS350 and I am sorry. So I think I may trade in or
sale my GS300 AWD to get a GS350 RWD or the 460
Old 07-12-06, 04:00 PM
mj0723
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kpat82
This is for those of you who bought the GS300...what made you want to choose this car over the Infiniti M35?
I have both sitting in my garage right now. The reason why I bought the M is bcos if it's HP, engine sound, interior space, and the stock 19 in rim that they put on all the Sports models. One thing I don't like the M is that the engine is missing a 6th gear, and whenever I'm on the freeway over 70 MPH, you can feel the engine is screaming for that 6th gear. Other than that, the car basically has zero negative aspects, as far as I can tell.

I bought the GS for my wife's birthday since she has been complaining she doensn't like the engine sound whenever she drives the M. To me, GS is softer, has better ride quality, and has far better fuel economy then my M. So far, we havent' hear any rattle and/or squeaking sounds that many are getting from our GS.

All in all, I think M is a car that geared more towards the driver while the GS is geared more towards the passenger. Both a exceptional cars, dun get me wrong. When you can have the best from both worlds, you really can't complain too much about it.
Old 07-12-06, 04:04 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Firstlps
I wish I could have waited for the GS350 and I am sorry. So I think I may trade in or
sale my GS300 AWD to get a GS350 RWD or the 460
As a present Infiniti owner (G35 Coupe) I can confirm the fact that the Infiniti line are very thirsty cars! they drink gas like water! Until they can be more fuel efficient, their sales will be affected. Lexus on the other hand has good ratings for their cars. I have not gotten better than 14MPG in city and Highway probably in the low 20s. I am a very conservative driver and very rarely nail the gas pedal..
Old 07-12-06, 05:19 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As for me I just think the GS was a better looking, and better riding car! I wasn't really concerned about the power advantage of the M35, and also being the owner of a 01 IS300 for the past 5 1/2 years with hardly no problems, the decision was easy.

Last edited by trent; 07-12-06 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 05:25 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

i dunno bout yall but i think the m35 looks bad compared to the GS
Old 07-12-06, 07:17 PM
scottmyers
Pole Position

I looked at both cars and the M's interior is just so far out there, that I couldn't warm up to it. "Different" is one way to describe it.

The look of the GS is just timeless to me. The M looks like a big G35.

Now if you ask the same question on the Infiniti board, I bet you hear just the opposite. I'm sure they're both great cars, but I'll stick with the Lexus.
Old 07-13-06, 05:50 PM
knicker
Pole Position

I looked at the M35 and GS and to me there was no comparison....the interior on the M35 imo sucked! the ride sucked and the amount of options compared the the GS was a no brainer. PICK THE GS YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
Old 07-13-06, 06:50 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I happen to like the M and tried to get my wife to really consider it but she wouldn't have it. Here's the deal, she really wanted a benz. I put my foot down and said we were absolutely NOT going to buy a car that needs repair as often as a benz does. I wanted the M or the new ES350. My wife then put her foot down and replied, okay...since you won't let me drive a benz, it's the GS and she refused to consider anything else.
A month later, I'm happy with the GS. It is a sweet car. It's heavy and not very svelte as the M but it seems miles ahead in the luxury dept.
Both great cars and you can't go wrong with either. Buying a car is an emotional thing. Just test drive both. Your mind, body and soul will tell you which one to get.
Old 07-13-06, 08:12 PM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reggiek
Both great cars and you can't go wrong with either. Buying a car is an emotional thing. Just test drive both. Your mind, body and soul will tell you which one to get.
Absolutely!!
Old 07-14-06, 10:58 AM
knicker
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reggiek
I happen to like the M and tried to get my wife to really consider it but she wouldn't have it. Here's the deal, she really wanted a benz. I put my foot down and said we were absolutely NOT going to buy a car that needs repair as often as a benz does. I wanted the M or the new ES350. My wife then put her foot down and replied, okay...since you won't let me drive a benz, it's the GS and she refused to consider anything else.
A month later, I'm happy with the GS. It is a sweet car. It's heavy and not very svelte as the M but it seems miles ahead in the luxury dept.

it sounds to me that your wife is a very smart lady.
Old 07-14-06, 02:00 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Good question. If I could do it all over again I would've bought the M Sport w/ factory aero kit. That way I wouldn't have had to purchase aftermarket wheels and lower my GS. The M Sport w/aero kit looks fantastic. It also has the same technology features as the GS. However, some of these guys have a point in waiting for the GS350 if you want more power but the M35 (270/280) is fast enough. Also, that motorhas been around for a long time and is well established.

Quick Reply: Why the GS300 over the M35