GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What does the dash/windsheild rattle sound like?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 12:32 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the dash/windsheild rattle sound like?

Driving today to work I think I am starting to get the glass and dash noise. It almost sounds like the glass is rubbing on the dash and it is kinda high pitch. Is this what you guys where hearing? It so strange it only happens after a drive the car about half hour and comes from the driver side. But it's an odd noise it sound like a rough rubbing noise. It happens if I hit a bump a certain way or if I turn the steerling wheel back in forth like jerking the car around I get the noise. I guess it happens because when the car gets jerked back and forth it must move something and when I hit a bump the right way it must move something. I was parnoid it was the strut or something but after reading your threads it seems to be the windsheild dash noise. Plus the fact it only happens once and a while and the car handles perfect and also the noise is coming from the dash. It is annoying escpially from a Lexus but I think I can live with it. I was just curious what you guys would describe the rattle to sound like to see if it's the same noise.
Old 06-26-06, 03:47 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Mine used to pop...
Yours sounds different, and I'd get it checked out asap....

Old 06-26-06, 06:50 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get a high pitched squeak once in a while, but it used to happen a lot more often when the weather was cold and below 30 degrees. Sounds like that's what you're experiencing. I never brought it in to the dealer to get it fixed, as I wanted to see if it would go away by itself. I'll see how bad it gets during the upcoming winter.
Old 06-27-06, 05:59 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SGT
I get a high pitched squeak once in a while, but it used to happen a lot more often when the weather was cold and below 30 degrees. Sounds like that's what you're experiencing. I never brought it in to the dealer to get it fixed, as I wanted to see if it would go away by itself. I'll see how bad it gets during the upcoming winter.
Thats def the noise but I rather have it then have them rip apart things and make more rattles. I think it happens because I have been using the a/c and I think once it gets cold it must start to cause this problem. Because if I shut the a/c off and wait it doesn't seem to happen once it warms up. I just don't understand if I jerk the car it does it, my guess is it must shake the dash or put stress on the windsheild and it causes the noise. Could be worst I thought it could be the strut but there is no way it is because the noise is coming from inside plus if it was the strut the tech told me it would happen everytime I hit a bump and when I would take a turn fast I would get some kind of sound. He said be more like a clunk if it was a strut.
Old 06-27-06, 06:04 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Actually, I think the fix for this windshield/dash squeak is an easy fix. I remember reading a thread where all the dealer did was remove some clips around the bottom of the windshield and the noise disappeared. Maybe you can ask them if they know of this fix.
Old 06-27-06, 06:05 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

O really thanks I will ask them.
Old 06-27-06, 06:12 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Tom, take a look at this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=dash+rattle
Old 06-27-06, 06:25 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SGT
Thank steve that is def it. I will print it out and show one of them.