GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Can't Believe it 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06, 05:43 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Can't Believe it 2

Can't believe my wife's behavior with the new 3GS. This weekend we were going out to dinner. She whips out the OxyClean to remove a spot from the floor. I was shocked. The next day she's on the phone with me, she interrupted her sentence to yell at my nephew, make sure you wipe your feet before you get in. My sister-in-law, yes my wife's sister and buddy, asked my wife to go pick up their 2 year old daughter. My wife refused, says she didn't want little kids in the car because they're alway eating something.

I used to be this way and was ridiculed by my wife unendlessly. Now that she has a car she loves, she's turned into a monster...far worse than I was.

Anyone else got it bad like this?
Old 06-19-06, 06:01 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my god, we've created a monster!!! Is she also swerving to avoid potholes in the road? lol
Old 06-19-06, 06:10 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

heh lol...crazy man...well she loves her car so I guess she can be a lil possesive about what happens to it...but some people are very um..."****" about there cars or some aren't that crazy about it...heh...they just think its a car...even tho it could be a nice car....
Old 06-19-06, 06:45 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha, consider yourself lucky
Old 06-19-06, 07:02 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, my girl doesn't understand why I'm so **** about my car and is shocked that I'm still in the honeymoon phase after 8 months.
Old 06-19-06, 09:35 PM
ajcsanders
Driver

Here's a useful tip for all of you '****' GS3 owners out there (like me) - whenever you're unlucky enough to have to have kids in the back, turn the floor mats upside down.

The only time I ever allowed kids in the back of my car - they left behind a nasty blue smudge which I can't explain - and it won't come off with anything

Of course this only applies to Cashmere Beige and Ash interiors...
Old 06-19-06, 09:39 PM
ny888
Pole Position

Let us know when you find her out in the garage at midnight with a Porter Cable.
Old 06-19-06, 10:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Gee, you need some rubber floor mats!
Old 06-19-06, 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, seems like your wife is REALLY ENJOYING the car bad. congrats!

let's just say that's a good thing. my wife has selection list when having people get into his car too
Old 06-20-06, 04:57 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default More can't believe it...

There's more. After we got to the restaurant this past weekend, there were plenty of spots to park nearby. My wife insisted on valeting. I usually agree with valet if the walk is long but not when there are so many close spots. We almost got into an arguement. Later, I found out why. The valet guys usually park the nice cars up front as an advertisement to the restaurant...the type of clientele who frequent the place. I was pissed. I am a show off but not that type. I never flaunt what I have. When people ask about my watches or jewelry or cars I say, it's nothing. I reminded my wife this is still just a car. I'm thinking twice about putting chrome wheels on it. Maybe I should leave it as is...keep it down played. My wife has turned to the dark side.
Old 06-20-06, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
There's more. After we got to the restaurant this past weekend, there were plenty of spots to park nearby. My wife insisted on valeting. I usually agree with valet if the walk is long but not when there are so many close spots. We almost got into an arguement. Later, I found out why. The valet guys usually park the nice cars up front as an advertisement to the restaurant...the type of clientele who frequent the place. I was pissed. I am a show off but not that type. I never flaunt what I have. When people ask about my watches or jewelry or cars I say, it's nothing. I reminded my wife this is still just a car. I'm thinking twice about putting chrome wheels on it. Maybe I should leave it as is...keep it down played. My wife has turned to the dark side.
lol, come on reg, have her sign up here on clublexus. we need her
Old 06-20-06, 11:01 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL this is funny...shes just enjoying the car, it will probably wear off in a few months once she realizes things are gonna get dirty and what not...good luck though
Old 06-20-06, 11:49 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
my wife has selection list when having people get into his car too
hum..... I think I smell - brokeback mountain here.... I don't know Ritsa is a "he"

reg, I think your wife is just getting you back for all these time that you baby yours.
Old 06-20-06, 12:33 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tuddy
LOL this is funny...shes just enjoying the car, it will probably wear off in a few months once she realizes things are gonna get dirty and what not...good luck though
haha, i was like that too in the beginning with my first GS (and yes, i am female). i was soooooooo careful and babied that thing to no end. my small cousin was in there when the car was relatively new and had his hand stamped and then put his red stamped hand on my ivory leather and the thing never came out. i used everything i could find to get it out, including my electric toothbrush!! but it never came out.

a few years later and a couple lexus' later, i love the cars but i don't really baby them (as much). i'm ok with them being dirty between cleanings, but we are careful with food and drink in the car. the plastic stuff around the glove and the driver knee area just came off after about a year. scuff plate plastic still there though.

p.s. we have chrome wheels on the GS and love them. i don't think they are uber flashy on the stock wheels, but maybe it depends on the color of the car also...
Old 06-20-06, 01:09 PM
Yoko
Driver

You're lucky that your wife is like that. lol

Quick Reply: Can't Believe it 2