GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I can't believe it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-06, 11:46 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow congrats Reg.
Old 06-14-06, 03:25 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Adrian, thanks everyone.
Well, day 2 and I can see myself eventually liking it. I thought it looked too much like a Maxima but it doesn't really. A little similarity but I don't think Maxima when I see it. The chrome strp at the bottom will take some getting used to. I hated the front....until I saw it with the lights on at nite. Looks cool as heck. Maybe I'll grow to like it in the daylight. The touch screen controls are cool. The cooled seats are cool. The dash seems cheap and there are some little squeaks but nothing is perfect. Just ordered some wheels. I'm sure I'll love the car when they're mounted. I got a thing against stock anything. Stay tuned.
Old 06-14-06, 04:18 PM
NewGS4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on the new car!!!!
PLEASE get your wife on this forum so the two of us can chit-chat about how much we LOVE our cars. I have the blue onyx pearl with cashmere. I am looking for other women owners for girl-talk. You get points for letting her have what she really wanted. I let my hubsand downgrade me from the Lexus RX300 to a Toyota Highlander on my last car ("it's basically the same car, yada yada yada")...and if he had let me have that RX back then, I would still be in it. I was unhappy though and HAD TO HAVE this GS.
Good color choice too. Can't go wrong with black.
Old 06-14-06, 05:02 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NewGS4me
Congratulations on the new car!!!!
PLEASE get your wife on this forum so the two of us can chit-chat about how much we LOVE our cars. I have the blue onyx pearl with cashmere. I am looking for other women owners for girl-talk. You get points for letting her have what she really wanted. I let my hubsand downgrade me from the Lexus RX300 to a Toyota Highlander on my last car ("it's basically the same car, yada yada yada")...and if he had let me have that RX back then, I would still be in it. I was unhappy though and HAD TO HAVE this GS.
Good color choice too. Can't go wrong with black.
Thanks but I doubt if I can persuade my wife to chit-chat on the site. She thinks I'm silly to be on it so much. Hey, I used to think it was silly too. I know she won't change. She sees CL the same as sports, something that comes between us. You know what, I never say never. I'll tell her about you and see what happens. Maybe she'll feel more a part of something I like. That's how I'll approach it.

Is blue onyx pearl that dark blue that looks black sometimes? I love that color. That's what I want for my next color.
Old 06-14-06, 05:33 PM
NewGS4me
Driver School Candidate

My husband thinks I'M silly to be on CL so much. It was my sweet GS that was hit by a paintball the other night (I posted about it) and I was sooooooo angry, I could barely speak. After I cleaned the car off , I still wanted to let off some steam about the "incident," and my husband said, "I'm sure everyone at your little Club Lexus site will be mad right along with you." He was DONE talking about my car. I can't stand that.
I did feel better though after getting some sympathy from other owners.

Maybe after your wife's car gets that first *&%$ rock chip, she'll need to come vent and feel the love.

Yes, I have that dark blue that looks black in some light and almost purple in other light. It is sooo beautiful, but it's insanely difficult to keep clean. I'm sure you are dealing with the same issue with black. The most annoying thing I've noticed so far is after washing it and then driving, you get these long water drip streaks down the doors from under the rearview mirrors I think, and then a long drip from the gas cap door down. I'm in the garage after EVERY trip with my detail spray, and out there every morning with my CA duster. Is the trunk and rear bumper magnetized to dust???? Aaaaaargh.
Old 06-14-06, 09:32 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

GS all the way man...even the 06 GS with less power is sportier and nicer than the ES IMHO
Old 06-14-06, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hey congrats on the new gs man, very nice choice! it hink it's a very tough one between the gs300 and the es350, mainly coz' of the engine. the gs300 is probably still the car that will excite me more, but the hp number is definitely not as attractive
Old 06-15-06, 05:10 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
hey congrats on the new gs man, very nice choice! it hink it's a very tough one between the gs300 and the es350, mainly coz' of the engine. the gs300 is probably still the car that will excite me more, but the hp number is definitely not as attractive
I agree. The ES has almost 30 more hp. I don't care what anyone says, 30 hp is 30 hp. The sportiness quotient leaps with more hp.
In fact, I'm thinking of not going for a G35, I might just get that ES for myself.

Naaaahhhh, I'm a coupe guy to the bone.
Old 06-15-06, 05:16 AM
jwa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NewGS4me
My husband thinks I'M silly to be on CL so much. It was my sweet GS that was hit by a paintball the other night (I posted about it) and I was sooooooo angry, I could barely speak. After I cleaned the car off , I still wanted to let off some steam about the "incident," and my husband said, "I'm sure everyone at your little Club Lexus site will be mad right along with you." He was DONE talking about my car. I can't stand that.
I did feel better though after getting some sympathy from other owners.

Maybe after your wife's car gets that first *&%$ rock chip, she'll need to come vent and feel the love.

Yes, I have that dark blue that looks black in some light and almost purple in other light. It is sooo beautiful, but it's insanely difficult to keep clean. I'm sure you are dealing with the same issue with black. The most annoying thing I've noticed so far is after washing it and then driving, you get these long water drip streaks down the doors from under the rearview mirrors I think, and then a long drip from the gas cap door down. I'm in the garage after EVERY trip with my detail spray, and out there every morning with my CA duster. Is the trunk and rear bumper magnetized to dust???? Aaaaaargh.
A gal who relishes the opportunity to detail her GS. At first blush you think that any married man would want to hook his wife up with you, but here's my problem:

I have wife, 2 daughters, 2 girl dogs, a girl girbil, and a gold fish named Amy (even though no one really no's if the fish is a girl or boy). If that's not enough, I have 4 sister-in-laws that come and go like the wind. So, I love all my girls, but a man needs to have something uniquely masculine and his own; Other than the BBQ grill, the garage and cars are my only sanctuary, and I'm not willing to give it up without a fight.

Hint: Use a detail brush with long bristles to sweep all the water out of the nooks and crannies and from behind the mirrors. You may still get a few drops on your first drive, but not many. I use a Meguiars brush that I bought at Wal-Mart, but any paint brush with a rubber handle will work just as well.

http://www.meguiars.com/?specialty-b...k-Detail-Brush
Old 06-15-06, 08:35 AM
NewGS4me
Driver School Candidate

a man needs to have something uniquely masculine and his own; Other than the BBQ grill, the garage and cars are my only sanctuary, and I'm not willing to give it up without a fight.

Hint: Use a detail brush with long bristles to sweep all the water out of the nooks and crannies and from behind the mirrors. You may still get a few drops on your first drive, but not many. I use a Meguiars brush that I bought at Wal-Mart, but any paint brush with a rubber handle will work just as well.

http://www.meguiars.com/?specialty-b...k-Detail-Brush[/QUOTE]

Hey, THANK YOU for the detail brush tip. That is probably the answer I've been looking for! I even have the travel bottle of spray in my glove box for those trips I take RIGHT after I wash it, and that water stripe ruins the look. I'm gonna head on out today and find one because I have a wash date with my car on Saturday a.m. I read about some folks using a leaf blower to blow the water out, but I think my neighbors already think I'm just a tad nuts about this car, and a leaf blower would seal the deal.
Old 06-15-06, 09:03 AM
jwa
Pole Position

Hey, THANK YOU for the detail brush tip. That is probably the answer I've been looking for! I even have the travel bottle of spray in my glove box for those trips I take RIGHT after I wash it, and that water stripe ruins the look. I'm gonna head on out today and find one because I have a wash date with my car on Saturday a.m. I read about some folks using a leaf blower to blow the water out, but I think my neighbors already think I'm just a tad nuts about this car, and a leaf blower would seal the deal.
The leaf blower works, but it's a bit overkill, and the neighbors should start to worry. Rather than giving your friends and family reason to stage an intervention, try some less assertive options first. You can use a vaccume cleaner if you have one that reverses air flow. You can also buy the small cans of compressed air, but that gets rather expensive after a while. The detail brush has always worked well for me, but remember to buy one with the rubber handle that won't cause any scratches when you invariably (woops) hit something you shouldn't.
Old 06-16-06, 08:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

First car wash done tonight. It made me appreciate the car more. The lines of the car are all in harmony with each other. Nice flow. Never saw it before but the car is designed nicely. Not overly aggressive use of curves but enough to make it stylish. I discovered it is a really big car. Doesn't look that big but washing revealed it's true size. Lexus did a good job on this car. it's nice. If only that chrome strip wasn't at the bottom of the car. Hate that thing.
Fedex tracking shows the wheels are on the way. Can't wait. I know some of you won't dig em cause they're knock offs but I won't care. I may not like them either but they're only temporary. Eventually I'll get something really nice. Gotta save up a little cash.
Old 06-16-06, 10:15 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw this thread, congrats Reg on the new GS, I always knew one way or the other you would end up in the GS family, enjoy and pics please.
Old 06-16-06, 10:56 PM
UAL
Rookie

You made a great choice by first getting the GS and 2nd letting her have what she wants. It's all about compromise and I personally think you did the right thing!
Old 06-17-06, 04:45 AM
kissbang
Pole Position

Congrats. I personally don't like the look of the ES that much, but that's just me.

CL coming in between you and wife?!? Oh no. Stop logging on!! Haha.

No, it doesn't look like the Maxima... Where do people get this idea?? CRazyyy.

Quick Reply: I can't believe it!