GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-07, 09:40 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb

Sounds like you are grounding the WRONG side of the yellow wire... Try grounding the side coming from the harness...

Originally Posted by Jace7
OK, so here is my update,

I cut the standard yellow wire, that you are then suppose to ground....
when you ground it, the parking break light stays lit, so this is the trick to this wire cut.

OK, then I cut the purple one, and left it separated... .I couldn't see what this did or didn't do by having it cut or connected......?

Then I first cut the red, on accident that I thought was the pink on the far passenger side... I put it back together, no problem here.

I then cut the white wire with the spotted silver spots from the middle plug. btm left one.....

Now my problem is this.....
Without the yellow wire put back to it's original position, (as if I never disconnected it) I can't see the picture.

I put quick connects on both the yellow and the purple wires so at any time it's painless to reconnect them...

But I am still not able to see a picture..... (if the yellow wires are disconnected.....)

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Jason
Old 03-04-07, 02:17 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup, did that and walla... it works no prob.

Mind reading my posts in the forum about this issue and getting back to me about making the nav smooth.. what steps I need to take with not doing a switch b/c I have the 5.1 and will do the touch screen hack.....

I'm referring to the white with silver dots and the purple wire....

Thanks Technique.
Old 03-04-07, 03:02 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jace7
yup, did that and walla... it works no prob.

Mind reading my posts in the forum about this issue and getting back to me about making the nav smooth.. what steps I need to take with not doing a switch b/c I have the 5.1 and will do the touch screen hack.....

I'm referring to the white with silver dots and the purple wire....

Thanks Technique.
Sure... Just edit your post to include a link to your post where you are having problems and I'll try and help you out...

Just PM me once you've made the edit...
Old 03-07-07, 08:26 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jerfitz
SonarTech, I've tried to make a hybred disk for my 2007 ES350, e.g, V6.1 maps and V5.1 LOADING.KWI and cannot do it. Will you send me a copy of yours to try? I will return the favor 10 times over...believe me! JerFitz 3/7/2007
As SonarTech already mentioned...

Originally Posted by SonarTech
I would just like to add one small thing for those of you who are having problems and are looking for help "obtaining" the required files:

"No, I won't burn you a copy of my hybrid DVD and mail it to you, nor will I e-mail you a copy of my v5.1 LOADING.KWI file or a copy of ONES - even for cash. I don't fancy the idea of jail time for sending you pirated software, so don't bother asking me to give you either."
Old 03-07-07, 12:50 PM
Nash
Pole Position

Default Seat Belt Buzzer Code

Has anybody got this seat belt code to work? Does it work on 06 gs 300's? I tried yesterday but failed! Reply thanks!
Old 03-07-07, 04:56 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to speak for Sonartech just a bit... I followed Sonartech's procedure and created my hybrid nav disc successfully, for more than two months now, so if you follow the precedure then you will succeed. I even provide the free download site for "one" software... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=275 Simple as that!
Old 03-08-07, 02:29 AM
Cresta
Driver School Candidate

memasterac or Sonartech,

When using a hybrid navigation disc compiled of 6.1 data with 5.1 loader, will I access the bypass menu the same as if it was a 5.1 disc? (ie. volume, up-down, up-down).

Thanks!
Old 03-08-07, 10:08 AM
MartinGS
Driver School Candidate

Default iPass & cup holder mod

I didn't like the the white iPass (ezPass) that is near the review mirror so I took off the labels, shot it with primary and then flat black paint.

Empty diet Coke cans would rattle, I believe Pepsi cans rattle also, so I cut a piece of black shelf material and placed it in the cup holders.
Old 03-08-07, 03:57 PM
joshua927
Driver School Candidate

Long time lurker, first time poster...
I have a 06 GS300. Which comes with the 5.1 DVDNav. I have an access to the 07 IS350 which has the 6.1DVDNav.

Following the previous procedures I am planning to swap the Loading.kwi files so that I can have the 6.1 Data onto a 5.1 Firmware.

Basically this is so that I can enjoy the 6.1 Data in my 06 GS300 and at the same time enjoy the benefit of 'override' function as I drive.

Would this work? Before I go off and buy a DL DVD, I'd like to bounce it off of few people in this forum (esp technique, sonartech...) if this would be a good idea.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-07, 08:59 PM
gabeLex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nash
Has anybody got this seat belt code to work? Does it work on 06 gs 300's? I tried yesterday but failed! Reply thanks!
Press and hold the ODO/TRIP Button and then press the Start Engine Button twice. Wait ten seconds and buckle the seat belt. You'll see the buzzer toggle appear in your dash, the default is set to on. To toggle between on/off, press the ODO/TRIP button.

Worked perfectly the first time for me.

Last edited by gabeLex; 03-09-07 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-08-07, 10:07 PM
Sonartech
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cresta
memasterac or Sonartech,

When using a hybrid navigation disc compiled of 6.1 data with 5.1 loader, will I access the bypass menu the same as if it was a 5.1 disc? (ie. volume, up-down, up-down).

Thanks!
Yep. You access the "Over Ride" the same way. The only difference I saw is that I had newer map data. To this day I haven't found any ill effects from doing this change, in either my RX or ES-350.

SonarTech
Old 03-08-07, 10:14 PM
Sonartech
Rookie

Originally Posted by joshua927
Long time lurker, first time poster...
I have a 06 GS300. Which comes with the 5.1 DVDNav. I have an access to the 07 IS350 which has the 6.1DVDNav.

Following the previous procedures I am planning to swap the Loading.kwi files so that I can have the 6.1 Data onto a 5.1 Firmware.

Basically this is so that I can enjoy the 6.1 Data in my 06 GS300 and at the same time enjoy the benefit of 'override' function as I drive.

Would this work? Before I go off and buy a DL DVD, I'd like to bounce it off of few people in this forum (esp technique, sonartech...) if this would be a good idea.

Thanks!
Not so sure about this one. Primarily, I'm concerned about any changes to the map data format going from a 4th-Gen NavDVD to a 5th-Gen dataset. I personally think it should work OK - but there could be additional data in the v6.1 Map data that only supports a 5th-Generation Nav system. If your 4th-gen system doesn't like it, I expect it would safely puke on it and just give you an error message. That is, I don't think anything would "break" on you, especially since you're not trying to load 5th-Gen firmware on your 4th-Gen Nav System (I don't think it would let you do that, anyway...)

Have you tried putting the 5th-gen MapDVD in your 4th-Gen system? How brave are you?

SonarTech
Old 03-09-07, 08:23 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

please help if you can................................................

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269927
Old 03-11-07, 10:29 PM
dsmiles1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Technique
BTW, I took a look at the videos on their site... The lockpick is not all I thought it was...

It does NOT get rid of the "I Agree" screen, it simply presses the button for you after a few seconds...

Second, it appears that for destination entry while in motion, the lockpick simply uses the software override method we know about in the V5.1 DVD... Check out this video (you need IE I believe):

http://www.coastaletech.com/BASIC_LOCKPICK.htm

You'll see that it just automatically switches to the volume screen and apparently does the upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left commands, then the override screen appears, the override button is selected, then the back button is selected... So it appears that the lockpick requires the override sequence...

So if they come out with one for the V6.1 DVD nav, then we'll know an override sequence exists!
Coastal Tech now has lockpick 3 out for 2007 Lexus. Has anyone ordered or tried this to see if it works? Does this mean there is an override sequence? Since I don't believe the lockpicks come with a DVD disc this can not be a software override.

http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm

Last edited by dsmiles1; 03-11-07 at 10:46 PM. Reason: had additional questions
Old 03-13-07, 11:27 PM
atraidman
Driver School Candidate

The GS isn't listed a supported.

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's