GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Is Mark Levinson worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 05:16 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Is Mark Levinson worth it?

I was wondering whether I should add the Mark Levinson option to my GS350 order. I really like the current standard stereo. Is it worth getting the Mark Levinson? What is the price of the mark levinson w/o the navigation package?
Old 04-24-06, 05:27 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check invoice and MSRP pricing on kbb.com.

To answer your question as to whether or not it is worth it. In my opinion, there is clearly no question. It is definitely worth it. The difference in quality is unparalled. I will not purchase another Lexus w/o the ML radio. You really have to listen to it for a while and then listen to your current radio. Suddenly, the quality of your current radio won't be so great.
Old 04-24-06, 08:30 PM
GSKING430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your not 100% convinced I will buy your car from you!!!
Old 04-24-06, 09:18 PM
GFC350
Rookie

Definitely get it!!!!! You will sooooo regret it if you dont. I asked myself that question as well. After I got to listen the the sound in one with it and one without it, that sold me. Plus you get DVD playback.!!
Old 04-24-06, 09:24 PM
Aprazer
Driver School Candidate

I love mine. I would recomend it.
Old 04-24-06, 09:34 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A better way to look at it might be:
If you typically lean toward aftermarket mods and have redone your stereo in previous cars, and you one that doesn't think twice about having it done, or even doing it yourself, the Levinson system is not worth it. You can do better by ripping out the standard system and spending the Levinson money on aftermarket stuff. Also applies if you like your system LOUD.
If none of that applies to you, and you are pretty happy with a stock system, then definitely get the Levinson. You will be pleased. It is much better than the standard stock system.
Old 04-24-06, 10:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

personally i will NOT get another lexus without mark levinson
Old 04-25-06, 12:21 AM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
Yup, me too. The quality is just so much better. I used to think the stock system was great and there was no need to get the ML but now that I have it I won’t go back.
Old 04-25-06, 12:35 AM
Eddie80
Driver School Candidate

hey dude, i had a same concern before i get the car. so i asked CL members here and i decided to get it... yes ..its so good and im proud of me made a good decision.
you should get ML bro. its really worth it!!.
Old 04-25-06, 03:42 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

After having a Mark Levinson system, you will never be satisfied with anything less.
IT'S AMAZING.
Old 04-25-06, 06:57 AM
dandd2
Lead Lap

go to the dealer
listen to a car w/ and listen to a car w/o it
also take w/ you, your fav action movie.
put it in and watch it
then come back to this forum with your impressed impressions
Old 04-25-06, 07:20 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default Since the '07 GS350 will upgrade to ....

new VGA screen it's even a better experience. Then there's the backup camera. Yes you could engineer your own audio system but the integration would be a challenge and you get HDTV quality DVD viewing with 7 channel and subwoofer architecture (7.1) in the Mark Levinson. You can control all features from the steering wheel and the '07 will get a lot of voice command upgrades such as dial by number, dial by name and address by voice. The Mark Levinson system and all its perks gives separation from the pack of other sport sedans on the market.

Rock
Old 04-25-06, 07:36 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
Old 04-25-06, 09:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
new VGA screen it's even a better experience. Then there's the backup camera. Yes you could engineer your own audio system but the integration would be a challenge and you get HDTV quality DVD viewing with 7 channel and subwoofer architecture (7.1) in the Mark Levinson. You can control all features from the steering wheel and the '07 will get a lot of voice command upgrades such as dial by number, dial by name and address by voice. The Mark Levinson system and all its perks gives separation from the pack of other sport sedans on the market.

Rock
hey rock, i read from the other thread that the gs350 will get yet another generation upgrade in ml, is that true? if so, do you have more info to share? i am surrpised that the 3gs300 got a new generation ml and now it's being upgraded again.

really makes me think maybe the 3gs300/430 ml system wasn't optimally designed as some said before. it was like a rush job?
Old 04-25-06, 12:29 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default The audio system will not get redesigned but..

the graphic interface will be the new Generation 5 and have more feature content and the new VGA screen which doubles the resolution. It's like a video card upgrade on a computer where you can see a much sharper and smooth and straight lines on the screen which are bolder and brighter. When you went to the LS460 sneak preview it was using the newest 19 speaker Mark Levinson but the screen graphics are the same as the GS350 will have. The Bluetooth is second generation and rectifies many of the shortcomings in the first system which arrived on the 2004 LS430. I can't even look at the Gen. 4 Nav Screen anymore as I am so spoiled......It will not have that 8 GB audio server that you got a sampling of either, You have to step up to the LS460 for those perks.

Rock

Quick Reply: Is Mark Levinson worth it?