GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fed Up With Dash Rattling

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-06, 01:12 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fed Up With Dash Rattling

MY car has been in shop for abt 3 times now for abt a week duration each visit....i dont know wat to do...any suggestion....and i have a headlamp issue they r not really good at night ......
Old 03-25-06, 03:22 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you did a quick search you'd find out the answer you were looking for:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200258

Also, what exactly is your beef with the headlights? Give us some more description and perhaps we can help you out.
Old 03-25-06, 03:52 PM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Yes, the old dash rattle issue.

Scream, Yell, B*$#h, Threaten them... do whatever it takes to get Lexus to acknowledge the problem and have them take the car back, or fix it for good. This issue is unacceptable for a Lexus.

They swapped me out of the car. Is it better now?... yes, but its still there. Drives me nuts that a car of this price does this.
Old 03-25-06, 04:04 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paki4lyfe
MY car has been in shop for abt 3 times now for abt a week duration each visit....i dont know wat to do...any suggestion....and i have a headlamp issue they r not really good at night ......
The dash problem is well documented as pointed out.

I absolutely agree that the headlamps are not bright enough at night.
The other day I nearly ran over someone (who was foolishly wearing
all black and jaywalking in a dark street). What does help quite a bit
is to make sure the NAV system and the electroluminescent gauges
are turned down a bit (night mode where the NAV screen is black)
so that light coming into your eyes is reduced and you can see
outside better.
Old 03-25-06, 06:21 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Headlights: When I first drove my car home I thought they sucked too. I found out that the low beams were just pointing down. I adjusted the headlamps per the owners manual and they were all good. The headlights are great, I actually had to point them down a notch after adjustment.
Old 03-25-06, 08:23 PM
bearbrick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nardeezy
Headlights: When I first drove my car home I thought they sucked too. I found out that the low beams were just pointing down. I adjusted the headlamps per the owners manual and they were all good. The headlights are great, I actually had to point them down a notch after adjustment.
and how does one go about doing this? where can it be found on the manual?

Thanks,
Old 03-25-06, 08:32 PM
LexFather

Welcome to CLublexus. Outside of the rattle, how is your gS?
Old 03-25-06, 09:36 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

Default still with dealer.....till monday

Gs is good but the car dash keeps rattling and i just talked to my service advisor he said the technician checked the lights ofr alignment they are in perfect shape i have to go on monday to pick my car up but i told him i almost went under 18 wheeler yesterday coz i couldnt see a thing a head ...so lets c wat happens...i always keepp my NAVI screen to night mode so that not a problem
Old 03-26-06, 05:29 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bearbrick
and how does one go about doing this? where can it be found on the manual?

Thanks,
I don't have the manual in front of me but here's how you do it.

1. Open the hood
2. Look at the low beam vertical bubble levels. (My vertical levels were significantly low when I took it home.)
3. Remove the black engine panels (front, right and left)
4. There are two locations that a philips screw driver can be inserted to adjust the vertical angle of the low and high beams (reference the owners manual).

Note: For 1/2 locations you will need a long #2 (screwdriver i think it's #2) approx. 7" or longer in length to access the adjustment bolt.
Old 03-27-06, 02:40 PM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Mine is going back to Longo this Friday for them to look at the dash rattle again. They have already replaced the winshield and put foam in the dash. All that has accomplished is to move the rattle from the passenger side to the drivers side. We'll see what they do next.
Old 03-27-06, 02:53 PM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Headlight issue? That's the first I've seen that mentioned here. But now that we're talkin' about it, I've always felt my GS's headlights didn't shine far enough out. It seems like I'm using my brights in situations where I used to use my standard lights on another car. But then again I thought it was my imagination. Maybe it is. I'll check the levels or have the dealer check it.
Old 03-27-06, 03:43 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

its not ur imagination it is in real...i visited the dealership they said if they make it go up they gonna b same as high beam.....i dunno wat to do....and well dash rattling was still there so had to keep loaner and my car in garage for almost a week now......wat s happenein to lexus....especially GS
Old 03-27-06, 07:42 PM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I had mine in for the 5k and during that visit I had the dash issues addressed.
I can happily say there are no more rattles....
Old 03-28-06, 04:07 AM
jwa
Pole Position

its not ur imagination it is in real...i visited the dealership they said if they make it go up they gonna b same as high beam.....i dunno wat to do....and well dash rattling was still there so had to keep loaner and my car in garage for almost a week now......wat s happenein to lexus....especially GS
I had them check the level on my headlamps the day after I bought it last year. I was sure the beam was focused to low, but I got the same answer paki4lyfe did. The shorter beam distance is a drawback of the newer adaptive lighting systems, and its not unique to the GS. My RRS with adaptive lamps is the same way.
Old 03-28-06, 05:13 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

so does that means k its a factory fault?.....or our eyes r not that powerful to see wats ahead in the dark... .....watever it is ....it i a problem...and they should fix it

Quick Reply: Fed Up With Dash Rattling