GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fed Up With Dash Rattling

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 06:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by paki4lyfe
so does that means k its a factory fault?.....or our eyes r not that powerful to see wats ahead in the dark... .....watever it is ....it i a problem...and they should fix it
problem is that there are laws about how much can you blind opposite traffic :-). A lot of hids are pointing low because of that...
Old 03-31-06, 07:59 AM
ferrarilon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well... I believe the problem is not that the low beam is not BRIGHT enough instead I think it is just not WHITE enough. My cousin owns the new TL and when I compared my GS to his, my Xexon looks like a regular light bulb. Does anyone know how to might our HID WHITER?
Old 03-31-06, 11:51 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

Default Update...

the rattling is fixed but they messed up my ddash....the technician screwed up my AC vent ......there are scratches there...i went to dealership today...to show them....they gave me an appointment too fix that..lest c
Old 04-01-06, 02:33 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

the rattling is fixed but they messed up my ddash....the technician screwed up my AC vent ......there are scratches there...i went to dealership today...to show them....they gave me an appointment too fix that..lest c
I had the same thing happen to me when they tried to fix the dash rattles. They ended up replacing the AC vent above the center console.
Old 04-01-06, 08:26 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

I dropped my car off at the dealer yesterday for dash and door panel noises (rattles). I went for a ride with the Master Technician and he indicated the noises as unacceptable. The dealer I go to always gives good loaners, last time I had an 06 GS this time I have an RX330. Anyways, they said Fridays are bad days to diagnose rattles and my car may not be ready until Monday. I'm not too worried about the car as they have encountered and addressed the issues with other GS models. If they mess it up I'll just keep bringing it back under warranty, as long as they give me a loaner than it's all good!
Old 04-01-06, 01:47 PM
ivanpetrov
Driver School Candidate

doesn't auto leveling keep the lights at the right height all the time? is it only an issue with AFS or all 3gs?
Old 04-01-06, 03:25 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

i think its only with 3gs...coz i own 2005 LS 430...its lights r reallly sharp
Old 04-07-06, 07:07 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

my car going bck to lexus on teusday.....again for the ac vents...they messed up..and the rattling is still coming frm the dash....tell me wat to do guys.....m jus fed up
Old 04-09-06, 05:08 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

my car going bck to lexus on teusday.....again for the ac vents...they messed up..and the rattling is still coming frm the dash....tell me wat to do guys.....m jus fed up
I'm convinced the problem with the dash rattles is a design flaw. Even after having my GS replaced, because they couldn't fix the rattles, the new one does it as well... but much less. After having the dash ripped apart several times and getting scratches on the AC vents from the service techs, and having a misaligned center console, and so on and so on, I figure I will just live with it for now. The rattles vary with the temperature. As I stated in my other post, I drove many GS's from many different dealers, and they all did it. Just hope it gets corrected with the 350 thats coming soon.

I can honestly say, out of the 15 or so cars I have ever owned, never have I had one that does this. Very disappointing.
Old 04-09-06, 05:22 AM
mm9351
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation re: dash rattles

Here is my take on the dash rattles. I parked my GS300 next to a white GS the other day and asked the driver if he had experienced the dash problem. Ironically, he said "no" but he's heard about it. He also commented that it would be a problem he would just live with, perhaps it would go away, citing not much confidence / trust in the dealer's repair activities for this kind of problem. I also noted that he did NOT have the ML/ Nav system. My GS, which has both ML and NAV has the "popping" sound, which disappears after a few miles of driving.

Remember, the ML and NAV adds more speakers, wires, and lots of other electronic stuff scattered througout the dash. The non-ML configuration is much less complex. My conclusion is that the rattles might be more prevalent on cars with ML / NAV due to the additional equipment.
Old 04-09-06, 01:48 PM
paki4lyfe
Driver School Candidate

live with it .....guys we are payin 50k for a car..i thinks its a lot of money...m thinkin to jus buy another brand........i really like the GS but now with this kind of rattling issues/....
Old 04-10-06, 04:09 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

live with it .....guys we are payin 50k for a car..i thinks its a lot of money...m thinkin to jus buy another brand........i really like the GS but now with this kind of rattling issues/....
I agree, and because of the rattles, I will be forced to look hard at other brands. I don't think I could do this again with Lexus and the rattles. It just starts to drive you crazy after a while... especially after you think about the cost of the car.
Old 04-10-06, 05:26 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, we're not alone with the GS's rattles, cracks, etc. People on the RX330 forum also have significant dash noises. Maybe it's a common issue with all newly designed Lexus models. I haven't checked out the new IS forum.

I consider myself lucky that my GS's dash noise isn't too bad but I may eventually ask my new dealer to take care of it. At outside temperatures around 50 degrees and above the dash is quiet, so for where I'm moving I'm hoping to hardly ever hear the noise. I'm also hoping Lexus will eventually have a TSB on it so the dealers can stop turning our cars into science projects in an effort to solve the problem.
Old 04-10-06, 08:18 AM
GS4_LEX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ferrarilon
well... I believe the problem is not that the low beam is not BRIGHT enough instead I think it is just not WHITE enough. My cousin owns the new TL and when I compared my GS to his, my Xexon looks like a regular light bulb. Does anyone know how to might our HID WHITER?

I have been in contact with several dealers for HID bulbs and the DS4 bulbs are still not released as of this moment.( Someone step in a let me know if you have found someone).

I have been happy with my 6000K for HID and Fogs on my E46 M3 and they give me the same brightness/coverage area as my O***s. The 06 GS430 HID's aren't as bright as the 6000K but they are close. I also noticed that when I turn down the settings for the Dash Lights just a tad its easier for me to see the road as well. Something to do with the interior is brighter than the exterior your eyes will play tricks on you. So I have set my dash light to about two clicks down from the default and it helps me. I have played around with it and I can reproduce the effect so I know its the dash light messing with the brightness of the HID's by playing tricks on my eyes.
Old 04-10-06, 09:12 AM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS4_LEX
I have been happy with my 6000K for HID and Fogs on my E46 M3 and they give me the same brightness/coverage area as my O***s. The 06 GS430 HID's aren't as bright as the 6000K but they are close. I also noticed that when I turn down the settings for the Dash Lights just a tad its easier for me to see the road as well. Something to do with the interior is brighter than the exterior your eyes will play tricks on you. So I have set my dash light to about two clicks down from the default and it helps me. I have played around with it and I can reproduce the effect so I know its the dash light messing with the brightness of the HID's by playing tricks on my eyes.
Something to look at. You may need to call them and see if these will work on the 06' Model.
http://www.lextasy.com/lexus_hid_kit..._1301_prd1.htm

Quick Reply: Fed Up With Dash Rattling